League finish prediction (22/23)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Where will we finish?

Top 2 (haha)
9%
3rd/4th
49%
5th/6th
37%
7th/8th
6%
9th/10th
No votes
Bottom half!
No votes

Total votes: 35

TomHelo14

Re: League finish prediction (22/23)

Post by TomHelo14 »

Citeh
Scouse
Scum
The Arsenal

Genuinely think we will have enough this year. We would have got it last year but didn’t have anyone to put the ball in the net. Now we do.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Thought I ought to make my prediction before the season gets seriously underway. Despite our maximum points after 2 games, I'm still going for a 5th/6th finish. There's a better balance and quality level in the team due to aquisitions, but our opponents have strengthened too and were starting from a higher base. Very impressed by Chelsea last week, although they still need a proper goalscorer, so let's hope they don't buy one.

I'm going for:

City
Liverpool
Chelsea
Scum

Us probably 5th, but wondering if the Geordies might pose a threat. I suspect it's a season too early for them, a bit like Ranieri at Chelsea when Abramovich first bought them. Gave him a year and a lot of money to spend, but had Mourinho in place for the 2nd year.

Can't see us getting 4th while we still have the centre mid of Clubfoot, Partey and Odegaard. Getting rid of Xhaka and having a sound replacement would probably give us the ability to get by with the other two, but we all know that ain't gonna happen. As it is, you can't carry that weak a central midfield. The big boys will dominate us.

Anyway, 5th/6th.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Third is more than realistic and 2nd if Liverpool keep faltering and Darwin flops. Thiago is injured and Henderson and Milner cant play every game. Liverpool also have one of the oldest squads in the league by average age y the sheer fact they have so many players over 30. It must be the oldest.

I dont understand why so many rate Tottenham so highly. Like fuck we cant finish above them as well as Chelsea.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:04 am
Third is more than realistic and 2nd if Liverpool keep faltering and Darwin flops. Thiago is injured and Henderson and Milner cant play every game. Liverpool also have one of the oldest squads in the league by average age y the sheer fact they have so many players over 30. It must be the oldest.

I dont understand why so many rate Tottenham so highly. Like fuck we cant finish above them as well as Chelsea.
We certainly could finish above Spurs and Chelsea but we still have quite a bit to prove in the bigger matches, as well as being able to be a consistent winning machine.

There is a possibility we could win our first 8 games this season - but we would still not played anyone that I expect to finish in the top 6

SingaporeG88ner

Post by SingaporeG88ner »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:04 am

Haha I like your optimism but I’m not convinced top 2 is realistic at all.

We’ve started well but we’ve not been challenged yet. Obviously Palace was a cracking result but on another day that could easily have gone differently. Fine margins and all that.

What gives me hope is how shambolic Chelsea and ManU have been so far. Long way to go though :lol:

Jesus has transformed our attack though. We’d have pissed top 4 last season with him instead of Laca so fingers crossed he stays fit!