Bournemouth bumholes A Sat 20th Aug KO 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Bournemouth bumholes A Sat 20th Aug KO 1730

Post by OneBardGooner »

herbert wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:06 am
TeeCee wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:03 pm
Yes, there were a bunch of fans in black t-shirts in the north bank against Leicester who seemed to be starting the singing. I read somewhere they are called the 'Ashburton Army which is very embarrassing if true, not only that, they missed a trick as they should have called themselves the 'Grove Armada' 8)
They are a group of young lads who got together over the last couple of seasons to create atmosphere in the Clock end (family enclosure and they are definitely improving the atmosphere at home games,This season they have moved over nearer to the away fans and like minded individuals who want to stand and sing all game are encouraged to buy match tickets in that block

I believe the club has embraced them and despite my thoughts on organised ultras in matching t-shirts I think they are doing a brilliant job in raising the atmosphere levels at home
The thing is the term Ultra's can be used in all sorts of ways, I mean the idiots who call themselves ultra's and support Italian teams are wa.nkers and if stood on their own 99% of them would shat their pants.

The lads in matching T-shirts shouldn't be thought of nor called ultra's... I mean matching t-shirts? Perhaps it helps give them some kind of identity, But good on them is all I can say, if they are improving the noise levels of support etc and some of the new chants are great! It is a good thing and (hopefully) can only improve the level of noise etc at games! As long as they aren't doing all the foolish aggro stuff that we all know still goes on.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:48 am
herbert wrote:
TeeCee wrote:
Yes, there were a bunch of fans in black t-shirts in the north bank against Leicester who seemed to be starting the singing. I read somewhere they are called the 'Ashburton Army which is very embarrassing if true, not only that, they missed a trick as they should have called themselves the 'Grove Armada' 8)
They are a group of young lads who got together over the last couple of seasons to create atmosphere in the Clock end (family enclosure and they are definitely improving the atmosphere at home games,This season they have moved over nearer to the away fans and like minded individuals who want to stand and sing all game are encouraged to buy match tickets in that block

I believe the club has embraced them and despite my thoughts on organised ultras in matching t-shirts I think they are doing a brilliant job in raising the atmosphere levels at home
The thing is the term Ultra's can be used in all sorts of ways, I mean the idiots who call themselves ultra's and support Italian teams are wa.nkers and if stood on their own 99% of them would shat their pants.

The lads in matching T-shirts shouldn't be thought of nor called ultra's... I mean matching t-shirts? Perhaps it helps give them some kind of identity, But good on them is all I can say, if they are improving the noise levels of support etc and some of the new chants are great! It is a good thing and (hopefully) can only improve the level of noise etc at games! As long as they aren't doing all the foolish aggro stuff that we all know still goes on.
Not sure why they can’t wear AFC colours, but hey, their choice- and yes the atmosphere has been on the rise in the last year, so hats off (sombrero’s ?) to them for that

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:27 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
herbert wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

Not sure why they can’t wear AFC colours, but hey, their choice- and yes the atmosphere has been on the rise in the last year, so hats off (sombrero’s ?) to them for that
Good call mate! I hadn't thought of that!. :high5:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

herbert wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

Yes i agree...they are Arsenal fans.....not "ultras" whatever that is....and to be honest the ones i met all top fellas...not mugs or kids....
just off to get my Black T shirt :wink:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Last word on Jesus....thought at first he was not a priority signing.....to be fair in his present role he is superb

the way he goes past players is amazing....beating the defence and setting up chances....he is a top signing...just worry now how we would do without him

TomHelo14

Post by TomHelo14 »

With Zinchenko playing so well, what’s peoples thoughts about Tierney coming back in? Would you put Tierney straight back in now or is he backup at the moment?

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

OneBardGooner wrote:
herbert wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

The lads in matching T-shirts shouldn't be thought of nor called ultra's... I mean matching t-shirts? Perhaps it helps give them some kind of identity,
Maybe Fanatics, like the Holmesdale ones...or is that too cringe??

Wonder if RedAction are involved.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

TomHelo14 wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:48 pm
With Zinchenko playing so well, what’s peoples thoughts about Tierney coming back in? Would you put Tierney straight back in now or is he backup at the moment?
Tierney in and zinchenko in CM. clive on bench

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:05 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
herbert wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

The lads in matching T-shirts shouldn't be thought of nor called ultra's... I mean matching t-shirts? Perhaps it helps give them some kind of identity,
Maybe Fanatics, like the Holmesdale ones...or is that too cringe??

Wonder if RedAction are involved.
:coffeespit: :D

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:06 pm
TomHelo14 wrote:
Tierney in and zinchenko in CM. clive on bench
That looks the obvious way to go.....

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TomHelo14 wrote:
Good question Tom. I like Tierney a lot. He's a superb player and he is a battler with great attitude, but Zinchenko has done nothing to deserve getting dropped. So either it's his spot to lose or as a couple of the lads say above, move him to midfield, get rid of Lobotomy Clive, and slot Tierney in at left back again. Unfortunately though I think it won't be long before Tierney is out injured again. :(

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

That's why the Ukrainian was bought because they know something about Tierney that's not been made public not to mention that it might be the same about Partey .
I don't for one minute believe that he was bought in to replace Xhaka , if anyone would be it would be Tielemans , but it looks more than likely that such a move is not happening and that we are stuck with him.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:52 pm
Last word on Jesus....thought at first he was not a priority signing.....to be fair in his present role he is superb

the way he goes past players is amazing....beating the defence and setting up chances....he is a top signing...just worry now how we would do without him

I agree Red. I didn't want us to sign him (265 on here will tell you that :lol: ), but he's been far better than I could have expected. I was surprised by his pre season performances, but doing it in the PL is what it's all about and so far, so good. My only caveat is that he has started at a blistering pace in all 3 games, but has faded a little after 25 mins or so. Still, that's being over picky.

I also share your concerns over what we'll do if he can't play. Once again, we saw enough from Eddie yesterday to know he's not the answer.