Fábio Vieira

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SingaporeG88ner

Re: Fábio Vieira

Post by SingaporeG88ner »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:05 am
In Vieira, we seem to have signed a player without having a specific plan or role for him in the squad. It's totally random and for me, not a great recruitment strategy. I think someone mentioned it was cover for ESR, but that doesn't seem clear as they both played in the u-21's the other night.
I know what you mean. Arteta has kind of hinted that we’ll play him all over the place and then decide his position later :rubchin:

In fairness, if Arteta wants us to go the Citeh way of having lots of technical players who can play multiple positions (which he clearly does) then a player like Vieira might make perfect sense as it seems you could move ESR, Saka, Odegaard, Vieira, etc around a bit without disrupting the style of play.

I reckon it’s best to see him play a bit before saying it’s not a good recruitment strategy but I get what you mean :lol: