Brentford bulbeyes A (12pm Sunday 18th Sept)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner265

Re: Brentford bulbeyes A (12pm Sunday 18th Sept)

Post by gooner265 »

Thoroughly enjoyed that , great 3 points , wait for the still haven't played anyone yet remarks. Were a different team this year , Saliba has made a massive difference, Vieira looks exciting, Jesus is a beast. Still think we can go up a level if Clive gets injured .
Its only 2 o clock so a good 12 hours of drinking to celebrate now :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:52 pm
Fuck sake if Prince Andrew hears we’ve a 15 year old playing for us he’ll be down at the ground before the final whistle. 8)
Apparently he just got his (cough cough) personal secretary to buy him a Season Box Ticket ! Saying he would LOVE to visit the training ground. :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Booing by the scousers in the 1 minute silence

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Masterful performance. We didn't give Brentford a moment to breathe in that game. I can't believe I'm going to say this but Xhaka was my man of the match. I thought he was excellent. Pinpoint cross for Jesus' goal. Defended well and passing was excellent. Don't think he lost possession either.
It's only 7 games in but going into October top of the league is somewhere I didn't expect us to be. We have a title challenging team here. At this point in the season only Man City have shown a better team.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

We went to Brentford and stole their tollies :barscarf: Very enjoyable, professional performance from us 8)

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:55 pm
Perfect performance. Absolutely controlled the game from start to finish. Top of the league still. :barscarf:
Controlled that match from start to finish - just looked comfortable really, think Saliba coming into defence is a big part of that.

We actually dominated the midfield for once, we’re first to 2nd balls and loose balls, Vieira’s touch is great and his passes are weighted perfectly.

No one player was a 9 or 10 out of 10 performance, it was a real team job, where they were all 7/8 out of 10, yes, even Clubfoot Clive. :shock:

I love the fact that the whole team now fights for the ball, wherever we lose it.

Scored 3, Saka and Jesus were denied by good saves, while Ramsdale only really made one that I can think of.

Not our first 11, as Zinchenko and Odegaard missing, but a very assured performance.

Martinelli and Saka didn’t really shine, but that’s okay, as far better to have an off day when we don’t need them to be special.

Roll on the next match :barscarf: :barscarf:

Said we are top of the league, we are top of the league.

:barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:13 pm
Masterful performance. We didn't give Brentford a moment to breathe in that game. I can't believe I'm going to say this but Xhaka was my man of the match. I thought he was excellent. Pinpoint cross for Jesus' goal. Defended well and passing was excellent. Don't think he lost possession either.
It's only 7 games in but going into October top of the league is somewhere I didn't expect us to be. We have a title challenging team here. At this point in the season only Man City have shown a better team.
Stop mate ffs. How could Lobotomy Clive be motm? :oops: He did nothing more than you'd expect from the most average of players. Saliba had a brilliant game controlling our defence. Jesus was everywhere winning balls fighting for everything and even making Clive's shit pass to him work. And hey let's ignore the three or four times Lobotomy lost possession whilst under no pressure, or the stupid booking that only an idiot picks up. Fucks sake, if you set the bar any lower for Lobotomy he'll just step over it with his eyes closed. :lol: :wink:

You've been accused of being a wum on here on several occasions mate - and I've always defended you and your right to post what you want - but that post above is ridiculous, with all due respect. :|

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gooner265 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:10 pm
Thoroughly enjoyed that , great 3 points , wait for the still haven't played anyone yet remarks. Were a different team this year , Saliba has made a massive difference, Vieira looks exciting, Jesus is a beast. Still think we can go up a level if Clive gets injured .
Its only 2 o clock so a good 12 hours of drinking to celebrate now :barscarf:
As happy as we all are at being top and winning games it is true that the only so called "big game" we've had we lost..... and against probably the poorest manure team in a quarter century....

I always say you can only play what's in front of you and this season we have won games we have lost previously. But I'll be a bit more convinced by this team if we beat both the scum and the victims. And lets remember that is two teams that are now a shade of the teams they've been for the last two or three years. If we fold to them like we did to manure then nothing has changed for me.

Not negativity just realism. 8)

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Another solid and controlling performance. Brentford were kept to minimal threats and they were at home. We've a good team this year that teams are going to fear, but still lacking depth. Feeling optimistic :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:25 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Stop mate ffs. How could Lobotomy Clive be motm? :oops: He did nothing more than you'd expect from the most average of players. Saliba had a brilliant game controlling our defence. Jesus was everywhere winning balls fighting for everything and even making Clive's shit pass to him work. And hey let's ignore the three or four times Lobotomy lost possession whilst under no pressure, or the stupid booking that only an idiot picks up. Fucks sake, if you set the bar any lower for Lobotomy he'll just step over it with his eyes closed. :lol: :wink:

You've been accused of being a wum on here on several occasions mate - and I've always defended you and your right to post what you want - but that post above is ridiculous, with all due respect. :|

MOTM obviously means Muppet of the Match.

Saliba or Jesus our MAN Of The Match.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Jesus and Saliba have improved this team massively at both ends of the pitch from last season.

This season of all seasons Arteta’s got to use his bench earlier in games, subs are taking place way too late. In the last 15 mins today Jesus got booked (one away from a suspension now) and had to get the physio on when he should have been off after 65 mins max.

Saka too played way too long unnecessarily as did Partey who should be wrapped in cotton wool.

The game was over with 30 mins to go, with 5 subs now allowed he needs to use them in games like this or he’ll make shit of the first 11 like what happened after Christmas last year.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

It’s also a real shame that city will win the league by 20+ points this season because if you take them out of the mix it’s shaping up to be the most open it’s been since Leicester won it.

Liverpool have come back to the pack, we look better than last season, united are meh, I won’t even mention that other lot and the chavs seem to always be one game away from implosion.

Throw the Christmas Slavery World Cup into the mix to shake things up even more and it really could have been really interesting after Christmas only for state sponsored Oil FC.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

We've grown to accept Saliba's defensive qualities and Jesus' work rate, what we haven't grown accustomed to is Xhaka putting in a near faultless performance in the midfield, which to be fair to him, he did today. As I said, I can't believe I'd even think of giving him credit for having a good game but today I think he did.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

We've grown to accept Saliba's defensive qualities and Jesus' work rate, what we haven't grown accustomed to is Xhaka putting in a near faultless performance in the midfield, which to be fair to him, he did today. As I said, I can't believe I'd even think of giving him credit for having a good game but today I think he did.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

The enigma which is Thomas Partey had a great game bossing that midfield, really was him at his best

As for Martinelli what can you say...constant threat all game...work rate is incredible...Jesus quality

Saliba a collossus at the back...he looks like the best defender since TA...with the potential to be better

Ramsdale did what he had to do...good display....Viera has real quality, great strike for his goal....but in the premiership you have to be tough to stay on the ball
hopefully will build up his strength levels

Yes sorry DB i hate xhaka as much as you and think we would improve if he was replaced...but probaly his best game...agreed not saying too much

overall very pleased played some terrific passing football and scoring quality goals