ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Nos89 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:09 pm
Still grinds my shit that edu & Arteta let a decent midfielder like Bissouma go to the scum for £15mill - He would have been a Huge upgrade on Clive. :?
That's why they got Zinchenko in. I hope they'll bolster the midfield in January. Remember Elneny extended for a season, and will leave on a free, Xhaka will be into his last year so it seems they were satisfied we had enough cover and didn't prioritise the midfield. Had Elneny not got injured we wouldn't have bid for Luiz on deadline day. Wonder if they can recall Tavares in January as he seems to have hit the ground running at Marseille.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Danilo in January please.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Source: BBC Sports/Football :

Graham Potter has left Brighton’s training ground amid a growing expectation he will be confirmed as Chelsea’s next manager within 24 hours.

Potter spent just under two hours at the complex in Lancing together with long-time assistant Billy Reid.

He left without taking training as the club continue preparations for Saturday’s trip to Bournemouth.

It is understood Brighton are planning to hold a press conference ahead of that fixture on Friday but, as yet, it is not clear who will be speaking to the media.

Whilst other candidates, including Mauricio Pochettino, have been linked with the job, Potter quickly emerged as favourite for the role following Thomas Tuchel’s dismissal on Wednesday.

Neither Brighton nor Chelsea are offering any official comment on the situation.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:09 pm
Still grinds my shit that edu & Arteta let a decent midfielder like Bissouma go to the scum for £15mill - He would have been a Huge upgrade on Clive. :?
I thought Bissouma cost much more than £15m?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Typo mate £25 Million... no doubt there are add ons etc.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:58 pm
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/xeka/pr ... ler/290256

There’s bloke called Xeka available on a free. Plays defensive midfield. Just think about it…
Xeka and Xhaka. :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... 010331.amp

I was only joking… :lol: :lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:40 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:58 pm
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/xeka/pr ... ler/290256

There’s bloke called Xeka available on a free. Plays defensive midfield. Just think about it…
Xeka and Xhaka. :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... 010331.amp

I was only joking… :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:

I know we have a variety of nom-de-plumes for Clive, oops! I mean ElCunto.. dash it.. I mean swissTurd ... ohhh! Darn it... I mean Xhaka... well maybe they could all be amalgamated into one term:

CACK!

As in He's Cacked his Trolleys:

Source : Oxford Dictionary:
cack
/kak/

INFORMAL•BRITISH TERM:
noun
noun: cack
excrement; dung.
"cow cack"
verb
verb: cack; 3rd person present: cacks; past tense: cacked; past participle: cacked; gerund or present participle: cacking
defecate in (one's clothes).

Origin

Old English (as cac- in cachūs ‘privy’); the verb dates from late Middle English and is related to Middle Dutch cacken ; based on Latin cacare ‘defecate’.
Translated to Cack

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Source BBC Sport:

France's 21-year-old defender William Saliba has indicated he would sign a new contract at Arsenal if the club offered him fresh terms.

Then get to it and sign him up with a 6 year deal at the very least with a Big buy out clause.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I hope those at the club who deal with contracts are on it right now. Saliba must be loving life at the moment, looking like the best CB in the PL currently, scoring, already has his own song that the players ALSO sing in the dressing room, he loves London, Media loving him.......FFS Arsenal, don't wait until the end of the season when, if we finish 5th or worse, we aren't looking such a great prospect, do the business NOW! This really is the time to get it tied up, Saka as well. As a young player I would be buzzing to be part of this group, the potential looks amazing and to be honest, with two more quality signings, we should be challenging for the title every year and maybe the CL too. Someone will come along and offer Saliba 200k a week in the next year if we don't tie him up. Fofana just went for 75m and Saliba is 5 times the player he is, we won't be able to replace Saliba if he goes so get him to SIGN DA TING!
Incidently, I disagree with you Bard about the clause, I wouldn't put a clause in because I don't want anyone to be able to take him off our hands for any money. I haven't been this excited about a CB since a young Mr Adams was on the scene.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

it's better not to get too attached to Saliba because someone will offer silly money for him, and the club will take it :cry:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:00 pm
I hope those at the club who deal with contracts are on it right now. Saliba must be loving life at the moment, looking like the best CB in the PL currently, scoring, already has his own song that the players ALSO sing in the dressing room, he loves London, Media loving him.......FFS Arsenal, don't wait until the end of the season when, if we finish 5th or worse, we aren't looking such a great prospect, do the business NOW! This really is the time to get it tied up, Saka as well. As a young player I would be buzzing to be part of this group, the potential looks amazing and to be honest, with two more quality signings, we should be challenging for the title every year and maybe the CL too. Someone will come along and offer Saliba 200k a week in the next year if we don't tie him up. Fofana just went for 75m and Saliba is 5 times the player he is, we won't be able to replace Saliba if he goes so get him to SIGN DA TING!
Incidently, I disagree with you Bard about the clause, I wouldn't put a clause in because I don't want anyone to be able to take him off our hands for any money. I haven't been this excited about a CB since a young Mr Adams was on the scene.
But if the buy out clause is Big enough, it'll deter all but 2 - 3 clubs.... Mind you regardless of any clause or contract inclusions/inserts it will be up to the player, because we all know only too well if a player (and his agent) decide he wants to be elsewhere, there is very little his current club can do about it. :?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

All those complaining that we didn't go in for Arthur Melo on transfer deadline day, looks like we got away with one. Got substituted in the u-21 match for Jay Spearing.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:03 pm
All those complaining that we didn't go in for Arthur Melo on transfer deadline day, looks like we got away with one. Got substituted in the u-21 match for Jay Spearing.
That's a bizarre post Nos!! :lol: This time next year or next month he could be one of the best players in the world. I would not judge him on getting subbed. Even the great Dennis Bergkamp got subbed! :wink:

I wasn't one of them wanting him signed BTW. I'm a bit "meh" on him in general. :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

As an aside, Jay Spearing sets a new level for ugly bastarditis. He looks like the offspring of Iain Dowie and Luke Chadwick. :shock:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:48 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:03 pm
That's a bizarre post Nos!! :lol: This time next year or next month he could be one of the best players in the world. I would not judge him on getting subbed. Even the great Dennis Bergkamp got subbed! :wink:

I wasn't one of them wanting him signed BTW. I'm a bit "meh" on him in general. :wink:
Hahaha potential best player in the world doesn't get subbed off playing in U-21 team that is losing. It tells me he's not cracked up what we think he is. Barely played for Juventus last season, goes from sitting on the bench for CL and PL games to starting and getting subbed off in the trophy competition for league 1 and 2. I'd understand if he was coming back from injury but he's fit enough to sit on the bench. Klopp doesn't usually operate like that. I'd say level of a slower, less fit Denison.