Sun International Challenge Trophy winners(Swaziland) 1983 H Sat October 1st KO 1230

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Re: Sun International Challenge Trophy winners(Swaziland) 1983 H Sat October 1st KO 1230

Post by goonersid »

Don't have much confidence going into this one, fully expect Conte to outwit the halfwit.

OneBardGooner

Re: Sun International Challenge Trophy winners(Swaziland) 1983 H Sat October 1st KO 1230

Post by OneBardGooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:22 pm
Don't care how we win just please win this one, I will be fuckin well up for it by kick off, nervous 90 mins ahead after that but I believe we will do them.

3-1 to The Arsenal
:high5: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

goonersid wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:07 pm
Don't have much confidence going into this one, fully expect Conte to outwit the halfwit.
WOW! Some optimism from our Sid... You're not usually that positive mate! :wink:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Arsenal are currently the best team in England

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Got to keep a rein on that cheating fucker Son....assuming thats Tommys job ......dont give him space to run into....he is dangerous

if we keep him quiet we have enough to win....will be a physical hard fought 2-1

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Something tells me this is going to be one of the most Physical NLD's for quite some time... CUNTE being an adept in the Dark Arts: Kick, Dive, Cheat, Foul, Feign Injury and Moan & Whinge like-all-the-pussified-italian-mamma's boys-do whilst getting in the Refs Face at every little thing etc :roll:

Will have had fat tongue and pot poodle practising diving at every opportunity.

We Can Win This; but we will need to Turn The Fuck Up, Nasty and Ready and be firing on All Cylinders.

#COYG

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Cannot concentrate in work today. Have that love it / hate it prematch nerves I always get with the NLD.

I'm hoping Martinez-Lite can give the boys a proper "fuck the scum" style prematch team talk and not his usual "now ho out an ween hees hem" fucking nonsense.

Come on the Arsenal - viking-style pillage and rape these vermin bastards, leave them looking like John Wayne just parked his horse in their arses. :box:

:spudsvafc:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:lol: :high5: :barscarf:

:proudtosay:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Ffs there are no trains at all now apart from tube :banghead:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Hopeful Partey, Tierney ad Odergaard will all start

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:58 pm
Hopefully Lobotomy Clive pulls up in training. With a broken leg. 8)

:wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yeah! I will be amazed if ElCuntoClive doesn't revert back to type in this game by pretending to be the Big Hardman (Yeah! Right As If!) and do something Totally Stupid. :cry:

My nerves are already starting to jangle, but each time I remember that DullardCunt is an automatic starter it just makes it all the worse. :?

#JustKeepBreathing.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:07 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:58 pm
Hopefully Lobotomy Clive pulls up in training. With a broken leg. 8)

:wink:
He never gets injured....neverever..... :banghead:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Hate this fucking fixture, but paradoxically love the excitement and the counting down of the days as it approaches. It's the best fixture in the world if we win, but it's the "if" that gets in the fucking way.

This is the first real test of where we are as a team and a measure of just how far we've come, or not. The Utd game was a concern, but I'm prepared to write that off as "one of those days", because we were the better side and got mugged on the day, largely as a result of inexperience all round. At least it wasn't a case of our usual failure to turn up.

This time we're up against a gritty side that are hard to beat and with top quality goal scorers that can get them points whether they deserve them or not. We won't stop this lot scoring, so if we get periods where we're on top, we better make sure we test their keeper and score. Pointless possession means fuck all and this lot will happily let you have the ball, then do you on the break, with their speed and deadly finishers.

They also have the manager that we should have snapped up a year ago. He's done it all and has forgotten more than our bloke knows.

Above all, this is where we'll see how weak we are in centre midfield and it will be a wake up call for all those who think Xhaka is suddenly Messi. He'll be giving the ball away and getting caught in possession big time and with the refs rightly ignoring the claims for soft free kicks, his usual tactic of falling over to nick a free kick when he's caught in trouble won't work. Their midfield isn't highly talented, but is tough and won't give us a second on the ball.

I think a draw is the best we'll come away with. :|

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:57 am
Hate this fucking fixture, but paradoxically love the excitement and the counting down of the days as it approaches. It's the best fixture in the world if we win, but it's the "if" that gets in the fucking way.

This is the first real test of where we are as a team and a measure of just how far we've come, or not. The Utd game was a concern, but I'm prepared to write that off as "one of those days", because we were the better side and got mugged on the day, largely as a result of inexperience all round. At least it wasn't a case of our usual failure to turn up.

This time we're up against a gritty side that are hard to beat and with top quality goal scorers that can get them points whether they deserve them or not. We won't stop this lot scoring, so if we get periods where we're on top, we better make sure we test their keeper and score. Pointless possession means fuck all and this lot will happily let you have the ball, then do you on the break, with their speed and deadly finishers.

They also have the manager that we should have snapped up a year ago. He's done it all and has forgotten more than our bloke knows.

Above all, this is where we'll see how weak we are in centre midfield and it will be a wake up call for all those who think Xhaka is suddenly Messi. He'll be giving the ball away and getting caught in possession big time and with the refs rightly ignoring the claims for soft free kicks, his usual tactic of falling over to nick a free kick when he's caught in trouble won't work. Their midfield isn't highly talented, but is tough and won't give us a second on the ball.

I think a draw is the best we'll come away with. :|
Einstein couldn't have said it better mate! :high5:

I Hope & Believe we Will WIN. Don't know the fcuk why?... At least that's what my gut is saying at the moment; but that can change in an instant..

Forget the "X factor"..

It is the "IF Factor" we need to be concerned about! :? :wink: