Sun International Challenge Trophy winners(Swaziland) 1983 H Sat October 1st KO 1230

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Sun International Challenge Trophy winners(Swaziland) 1983 H Sat October 1st KO 1230

Post by StuartL »

robbo10 wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:09 am
I’ve been lucky enough to be given a ticket by a very good friend,so after selling my soul to my company to get the day off I’ll be going to my first NLD since probably 1984,and I’m shitting myself already,I’ve always hated this game,but I’ll have nowhere to hide tomorrow,I’ll just have to take it and watch…..

I think our own mistakes could fuck us,but I think we’ll beat them if we keep The dog eater quiet and cut out the mistakes,
I love them and hate them in equal measure …..right now the jitters are starting in my stomach

Enjoy tomorrow mate :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Think the only home match I’ve witnessed a defeat was when we played kids a few days before a cup final, so think it was 93 ?

We beat them last season quite comfortably, despite letting them back in the game with 20 mins to go - I feel we are a better team than last season, so am quietly confident.

Retro Gunner

Re: Sun International Challenge Trophy winners(Swaziland) 1983 H Sat October 1st KO 1230

Post by Retro Gunner »

I'll miss the last 20 mins or so of the game, as will be taking my eldest daughter to Heathrow, because she's off to work in Japan. Not much comes before this game, but I suppose the odd thing has to. :lol:

So, I'll be listening to the last part of the game on the car radio, which will be more nerve racking than watching the sodding thing. We'll have to be 4-0 up for me to listen with any degree of comfort. If it's a re-run of the match at their shit hole at the end of last season and we're being well beaten, then i won't turn the radio on.

I wish I could be as positive as many of you guys are, but I never go into this game feeling good.

FFS....UP THE GUNNERS :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:37 pm
Might go to work, I don't have to as j work for myself but it might be healthier for me in the long run, my two labradors would appreciate that too :lol:
I know what you mean Lefty, it's that awful dilemma of (as many have already said) I both love and hate these games.

If we Win it's like Christmas Day for at least a week, if we lose it's the worst.

I've just renewed my DrogonTV thing so I guess I'll be watching; can't resist, but I'll have to be careful with my ole ticker :?

#COYG :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:39 am
robbo10 wrote:
I’ve been lucky enough to be given a ticket by a very good friend,so after selling my soul to my company to get the day off I’ll be going to my first NLD since probably 1984,and I’m shitting myself already,I’ve always hated this game,but I’ll have nowhere to hide tomorrow,I’ll just have to take it and watch…..

I think our own mistakes could fuck us,but I think we’ll beat them if we keep The dog eater quiet and cut out the mistakes,
I hope you enjoy the game and bring us a fucktonne of luck Robbo. 8)

My worst NLD experience was the infamous 2-0 up at home at half time, could have easily been 5 nil to us, and they somehow beat us 2-3. Back in 2010 I think. My mates were telling me afterwards "don't you go fucking near an NLD ever again you jinxy cûnt". :cry: :lol:
I think my last one was the time Graham Roberts put Charlie into the advertising board,just along from the dugouts midway inside the half,I think we won 2-0 that day unless I’m getting mixed up

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:03 pm
robbo10 wrote:

I love them and hate them in equal measure …..right now the jitters are starting in my stomach

Enjoy tomorrow mate :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Think the only home match I’ve witnessed a defeat was when we played kids a few days before a cup final, so think it was 93 ?

We beat them last season quite comfortably, despite letting them back in the game with 20 mins to go - I feel we are a better team than last season, so am quietly confident.
I theory we shouldn’t get beat,they are shit with the 2 main threats only,but who knows what Arsenal side will turn up and who’ll have the brain-fart moment,

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

The usual fucking nonsense from the press about how this is some sort of equal contest. Bollox, fuck right off and stop being cûnts. We are fucking winning this 4-0, no fucking problem. We all know we were cheated against them at the end of last season, the players and manager want to put this right. There's no fucking way that we're not winning this and winning this well.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:07 pm
The usual fucking nonsense from the press about how this is some sort of equal contest. Bollox, fuck right off and stop being cûnts. We are fucking winning this 4-0, no fucking problem. We all know we were cheated against them at the end of last season, the players and manager want to put this right. There's no fucking way that we're not winning this and winning this well.

:shock: :shock:
Blimey Perry, roll me one of them smokes man.

:lol: :wink:

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

That’ll be me up at 4am then , nerves are shattered , always the same for this.

COYFG! :box: :barscarf: :D

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Anthony Taylor is the dodgy ref for this one, and the fucking disgrace that is Jarred Gillet on VAR yet again for an Arsenal game.

I'm expecting controversy for us today because of VAR...... :banghead:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:36 am
Anthony Taylor is the dodgy ref for this one, and the fucking disgrace that is Jarred Gillet on VAR yet again for an Arsenal game.

VAR is shit but gillet is a total wanker

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

I can watch this one live :D :D :D . Fuck off Scum. 2-0. :barscarf: :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Just about to leave for the pub, fucking hate the build-up to this game. No other makes me almost sick to the pit of my stomach.

Amazing what a few pints does for optimism though! Anyone who's going today no matter what you think of the manager, just back the team from the first minute. We've turned the Emirates into a very intimidating place this last season, and we will need to give then very last drop of how much we fucking hate the foundation their football club was built on.

COYG!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:36 am

Yeah! I think you're bang on the money there TC... Gillett is one of the worst officials I have ever witnessed Totally Inept and I shudder to think if there is a BIG decision to be made :?

I was awake by 5:30am I made the mistake of thinking about the game last night and didn't nod off till gone 1am.... Fuck knows how the players manage to get any kip whatever!

Something tells me this NLD could be re-named WAR!

Pre-Match interview with Arteta:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v19RD_2TLpo

#COYFG!!!!!

wibble

Post by wibble »

scotgooner wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:23 am
That’ll be me up at 4am then , nerves are shattered , always the same for this.

COYFG! :box: :barscarf: :D
Likewise! Though I reckon the curry and pints last night didn’t help!

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

En route. Nervous!

Come on you Gunners!