Streaming Advice

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Streaming Advice

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:53 pm
StuartL wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:46 pm
Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:39 pm
Quick update. Been using Drogontv which Clummo recommended for the last week. So far, I've watched our last two games, the test cricket and the boxing last weekend and had no problems at all. I've paid 9 quid for a month to see what it's like and I'm very happy with it so far. I'd definitely recommend it.
Perry is it an app ?

I am looking for something on my iPad if that will work on there.

Did you set up payment direct from your bank or via some other method
I went here: http://drogon.tv/app/stream and had a look around for a bit. I paid the money on my credit card and paid for a month which gives me the option of two screens. I normally watch most sport on my laptop and plug it in to the telly if I'm on my own so I'm not too sure about Ipads. I have a Samsung phone and I've checked it out on there and it all seems to work just fine. I had a look on here too: https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/drogon.tv
Thanks Perry that is very useful, I will give that a go; like Stuart I too had been trying to use a link which sometimes works but yesterday was freezing every 2 minutes etc, and I missed both goals :? :banghead:

Will let you know how it goes. :cheers:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:37 am
Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:53 pm
StuartL wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:46 pm
Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:39 pm
Quick update. Been using Drogontv which Clummo recommended for the last week. So far, I've watched our last two games, the test cricket and the boxing last weekend and had no problems at all. I've paid 9 quid for a month to see what it's like and I'm very happy with it so far. I'd definitely recommend it.
Perry is it an app ?

I am looking for something on my iPad if that will work on there.

Did you set up payment direct from your bank or via some other method
I went here: http://drogon.tv/app/stream and had a look around for a bit. I paid the money on my credit card and paid for a month which gives me the option of two screens. I normally watch most sport on my laptop and plug it in to the telly if I'm on my own so I'm not too sure about Ipads. I have a Samsung phone and I've checked it out on there and it all seems to work just fine. I had a look on here too: https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/drogon.tv
Thanks Perry that is very useful, I will give that a go; like Stuart I too had been trying to use a link which sometimes works but yesterday was freezing every 2 minutes etc, and I missed both goals :? :banghead:

Will let you know how it goes. :cheers:

So, I’ve signed up for a month initially, and today have dipped in and out of Wolves v Newcastle and also Nice v Marseille

Both crystal clear, can’t praise it enough…. No more freezing or buffering streams for me from now on

As per Perry put the initial £ on my credit card for a month - will likely sign up for 3 months following that and then again after the World Cup when the premier league starts up again.

Cheers Clummo :barscarf:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:58 pm

If you prefer to use a "legitimate" service then the easiest at the moment is Paramount+ for Central America. You can use this via their website with a VPN set to Mexico. (Other countries can be used ie. Nicaragua, Panama, Cuba etc but Mexico tends to offer the fastest servers by far because of better infrastructure).

You can also install the Android app on a device but you must ensure you have the International version and NOT the UK version, so don't download it from the Playstore. It's easily available online if you search for it. A UK subscription + the International apk and a vpn will work fine.

Paramount+ only offers Premier League and the coverage is in Spanish but it is a direct source.

DON'T use a free VPN service. They are free for a reason, generally because the speeds are shite and you will just be subjecting yourself to buffer hell (if the streams even play at all). Just ensure that any VPN service you consider has at last one server in Mexico.

If you aren't afraid to use a not so "legitimate" service a couple that are very good are.....

DrogonTV (http://drogon.tv)
Quality over quantity. A relatively small content but certainly covers all major sporting events, including all Prem, Cup and Euro football. Has been around for a number of years and is an extremely reliable service. They offer several subscription periods but I would advise against taking out anything too long. Should the service ever get taken down then you could be out of pocket by a fair amount. I'd recommend no more than 3 months at a time which works out to $8 (£6.50) per month. Can be used directly from their website or using an m3u file with an IPTV app. Excellent epg included.

Private IPTV (https://privateiptvaccess.com/ref/continuum)
A more extensive service offering thousands of channels from around the world as well as ad hoc event streams. Even the basic package ($0.32 or 26p per day) has a ridiculous amount of options that will certainly have you covered for anything and everything. You top up your account with funds and a daily amount is deducted depending on your package. They even offer a 3 day free trial.

Download the m3u file (which you can tailor to suit) and use in an IPTV player app like Tivimate, OTT Navigator, Perfect Player etc or on a computer using VLC player.

A VPN isn't required with either as far as I'm aware but obviously I haven't used every ISP so there may be some stream blocking going on at match times. IDK.

Don't be mean and try to do things for free or on the cheap. Just compare the monthly outlay to the amount you'd pay for sat or cable (£70/80??) and you don't get to watch every game for that!

At the time of writing both services allow 2 simultaneous connections so you could even halve the cost with a mate. :wink:

If you're worried about how you pay for these services then consider a Revolut account (https://www.revolut.com). They are an American online bank that issue virtual cards to use. Just top up your account with the amount you need to pay using Google Play or PayPal and then use your virtual card to buy your subscription. Perfectly safe.

I'm not interested in getting into any conversations on this, I just can't sit back and see fellow Gooners struggling when I can offer some solutions to help.

COYG :barscarf:
Seems like this has helped a number of people so bump icymi

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

My contract with sky is up in November and I’m going to go in balls deep on this as soon as I bin them off.

Thanks Clummo :barscarf:

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:39 am
My contract with sky is up in November and I’m going to go in balls deep on this as soon as I bin them off.

I’ll update on how it goes Rodders -

my first month cost £8.33 when converted from dollars into pounds :barscarf: :barscarf:

I won’t watch any other sport on there, but there is plenty of boxing 🥊 and American stuff too, if that floats your boat 🛥?
Last edited by StuartL on Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:49 pm
rodders999 wrote:

my first month cost £8.06 when converted from dollars into pounds :barscarf: :barscarf:

I won’t watch any other sport on there, but there is plenty of boxing 🥊 and American stuff too, if that floats your boat 🛥?

:D :wink:

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:46 pm
StuartL wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

my first month cost £8.06 when converted from dollars into pounds :barscarf: :barscarf:

:D :wink:
Yeah their boat race is a bit shit to be fair 🛶. 🛶

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I like how they stand and keep their salute till the last moment! :lol:

shu

Post by shu »

Bloody bt sport 4

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Registered with Drogon for initial 1 Month, but watched 2 games now and there's no difference between them and sky/bt streaming, speed etc etc. :D

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:49 am
Clummo99 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:58 pm

If you prefer to use a "legitimate" service then the easiest at the moment is Paramount+ for Central America. You can use this via their website with a VPN set to Mexico. (Other countries can be used ie. Nicaragua, Panama, Cuba etc but Mexico tends to offer the fastest servers by far because of better infrastructure).

You can also install the Android app on a device but you must ensure you have the International version and NOT the UK version, so don't download it from the Playstore. It's easily available online if you search for it. A UK subscription + the International apk and a vpn will work fine.

Paramount+ only offers Premier League and the coverage is in Spanish but it is a direct source.

DON'T use a free VPN service. They are free for a reason, generally because the speeds are shite and you will just be subjecting yourself to buffer hell (if the streams even play at all). Just ensure that any VPN service you consider has at last one server in Mexico.

If you aren't afraid to use a not so "legitimate" service a couple that are very good are.....

DrogonTV (http://drogon.tv)
Quality over quantity. A relatively small content but certainly covers all major sporting events, including all Prem, Cup and Euro football. Has been around for a number of years and is an extremely reliable service. They offer several subscription periods but I would advise against taking out anything too long. Should the service ever get taken down then you could be out of pocket by a fair amount. I'd recommend no more than 3 months at a time which works out to $8 (£6.50) per month. Can be used directly from their website or using an m3u file with an IPTV app. Excellent epg included.

Private IPTV (https://privateiptvaccess.com/ref/continuum)
A more extensive service offering thousands of channels from around the world as well as ad hoc event streams. Even the basic package ($0.32 or 26p per day) has a ridiculous amount of options that will certainly have you covered for anything and everything. You top up your account with funds and a daily amount is deducted depending on your package. They even offer a 3 day free trial.

Download the m3u file (which you can tailor to suit) and use in an IPTV player app like Tivimate, OTT Navigator, Perfect Player etc or on a computer using VLC player.

A VPN isn't required with either as far as I'm aware but obviously I haven't used every ISP so there may be some stream blocking going on at match times. IDK.

Don't be mean and try to do things for free or on the cheap. Just compare the monthly outlay to the amount you'd pay for sat or cable (£70/80??) and you don't get to watch every game for that!

At the time of writing both services allow 2 simultaneous connections so you could even halve the cost with a mate. :wink:

If you're worried about how you pay for these services then consider a Revolut account (https://www.revolut.com). They are an American online bank that issue virtual cards to use. Just top up your account with the amount you need to pay using Google Play or PayPal and then use your virtual card to buy your subscription. Perfectly safe.

I'm not interested in getting into any conversations on this, I just can't sit back and see fellow Gooners struggling when I can offer some solutions to help.

COYG :barscarf:
Seems like this has helped a number of people so bump icymi
Just signed up to Drogon, was about to go down the firestick route, but it's saved me the bother thanks Clummo. Good pricing, fuck paying BT sport £300 just to use their app that can't be cast onto a TV. With my Chromecast I can do exactly that with Drogon TV. Good work!

No VPN yet, I will see how things go when Arsenal play tonight before I decide to use one.

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

StuartL wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

my first month cost £8.33 when converted from dollars into pounds :barscarf: :barscarf:

I’ve just renewed for another month

Very impressed, no issues, clear streams, plenty of football choices, but I only watch our games.

Wish I had done it ages ago, as the stress of trying to find a stream for free and the freezing, loggin out and back in again was awful.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:32 pm
StuartL wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

I’ve just renewed for another month

Very impressed, no issues, clear streams, plenty of football choices, but I only watch our games.

Wish I had done it ages ago, as the stress of trying to find a stream for free and the freezing, loggin out and back in again was awful.
Me too mate.

No problems, I've even stumbled on some other things - Films and Documentaries that I wouldn't normally be able to watch because they're on sky etc... Well worth the £.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Literally for the price of a pint and a packet of ready salted it's all your sport sorted for a month.

Use it on an Android box with an iptv player and the epg with recording comes into play.

As I said before, it's one of the best services out there. Most providers get their channels from the same handful of sources so if one goes down they're all down. Drogon do it all themselves, all in house and self contained.

The days of decent free streams are all but over tbh.

Glad you're enjoying it lads! :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Thank-You For letting us know Clummo, much appreciated! :cheers: