Sun International Challenge Trophy winners(Swaziland) 1983 H Sat October 1st KO 1230

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
cardinal2011

Re: Sun International Challenge Trophy winners(Swaziland) 1983 H Sat October 1st KO 1230

Post by cardinal2011 »

Just crawled into the house after being on the lash all day :drunk:

Luckily I was at the game. What an atmosphere!!! The Clock End was absolutely rocking. Never gave those scum fans a chance to get going.

Cannot fault a single player today. Every one of them gave 100%. I was with my two lads and it was great for them to see the beginnings of a decent team.

xisstential

Re: Sun International Challenge Trophy winners(Swaziland) 1983 H Sat October 1st KO 1230

Post by xisstential »

And there it it....THE HEADLINE........... exactly why he did it and our idiot fans bought it!!

'Pure leadership!': Arsenal fans love how Granit Xhaka made his team-mates huddle while he gave instructions as the Emirates Stadium wildly celebrated Thomas Partey's opener against Tottenham in north London derby

Why would he be "giving instructions", he's wasn't the captain??

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

Just watching MOTD. The missed pen on Jesus is a disgraceful decision.

herbert

Post by herbert »

xisstential wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:30 pm
And there it it....THE HEADLINE........... exactly why he did it and our idiot fans bought it!!

'Pure leadership!': Arsenal fans love how Granit Xhaka made his team-mates huddle while he gave instructions as the Emirates Stadium wildly celebrated Thomas Partey's opener against Tottenham in north London derby

Passive aggressive dig with no idea incoming

Idiot fans?
No your the idiot because your posts are all negative after a day where your team have just beaten their hated rivals to go 4 points clear

At some point when you follow a football team you have to enjoy it fully at least for a few hours otherwise what's the point?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Big Poppa’z been on the gargle oh I do like to be beside the seaside oh I do like to be beside the sea (full disclosure I’m nowhere near the sea).

Anyway why’ll we’re all on the subject of confessions and honesty the summer we signed Xhaka I got a hookie shirt in from china with his name on the back. 17 fucking nicker an absolute bargain I hear you say and you’d be correct apart from it being one of those ghastly puma things - remember those? Grim times.

It’s been my dirty little secret for years now. And. As this is the truth and reconciliation forum here I am to bare my soul. My soul! Oh the absolute shame of it all. I felt
so dirty and horrid and cheap I couldn’t bring myself tontell anybody what I’d done - until now that is. A problem shared is a preobkem halved.

Anyway fuck all that time for a tune think I’m gonna pull that thing out of the dark recesses of my wardrobe tomorrow - a coming out of the closet moment of sorts for yours truly.

So raise your glasses you beautiful bastards and join me in singing -

I'm feelin' Granit Xhaka
Yes, I'm-a Granit Xhaka
Baby, I'm Granit Xhaka
So glad you're mine :barscarf:

I had something else to say but I can’t remember what it was.

Thought I’d lost my phone but I’m actually holding it typing this - unbelievable scenes her truly incredible bye everyone .

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Still top after all this time. We didn't just beat spurs we owned them. Conte's a coward manager bringing on 5 defensive players to limit the damage to his woeful 2 man team. Stop Son and Kane you stop Spurs.
Whilst all our players were 7 or above out of 10. For me Thomas was motm, for an 70 minutes he simply made midfield look like child's play, and what a strike. Xhaka made the mistake that led to the penalty, which was the only blot. Saliba looked majestic throughout. Defence was a bit shaky at times but Gabriel seems to be a little bit out of sorts.
Saka looks like he could destroy a team at any time, he needs one big game and he'll be absolutely flying. Next week against Liverpool would be ideal.
Only question why did we take our foot off the gas after the third goal? They were ripe for absolute hammering.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:30 pm

Exactly. How the fuck anyone could fall for such a cynical fake fucking ploy like that is beyond me. The cretin did it for the same reasons Lying Phil Brown lectured his players in a circle on the pitch: he's a fucking bullshitter attention whore.

I can only assume that these fans that love how Lobotomy Clive did that, are fans that did not watch that Amazon documentary where he tried to blame one of his complete fuck ups on a junior player, or where he came in mouthing off nonsense and blaming everyone around him after we lost a game where he had been the worst player on the pitch. :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:40 pm
Big Poppa’z been on the gargle oh I do like to be beside the seaside oh I do like to be beside the sea (full disclosure I’m nowhere near the sea).

Anyway why’ll we’re all on the subject of confessions and honesty the summer we signed Xhaka I got a hookie shirt in from china with his name on the back. 17 fucking nicker an absolute bargain I hear you say and you’d be correct apart from it being one of those ghastly puma things - remember those? Grim times.

It’s been my dirty little secret for years now. And. As this is the truth and reconciliation forum here I am to bare my soul. My soul! Oh the absolute shame of it all. I felt
so dirty and horrid and cheap I couldn’t bring myself tontell anybody what I’d done - until now that is. A problem shared is a preobkem halved.

Anyway fuck all that time for a tune think I’m gonna pull that thing out of the dark recesses of my wardrobe tomorrow - a coming out of the closet moment of sorts for yours truly.

I'm feelin' Granit Xhaka
Yes, I'm-a Granit Xhaka
Baby, I'm Granit Xhaka

Thought I’d lost my phone but I’m actually holding it typing this - unbelievable scenes her truly incredible bye everyone .
:coffeespit:

Drugs are bad, m'kay. :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I'm still smiling that we beat these cùnts! :barscarf:

Even with insomnia! :banghead:

I might cheer myself up by banning Wilson2.0 for being a royalist Clintonite fan of Lobotomy Clive.... :rubchin:

Only kidding! :lol:

Or am I.....? :wink:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I was awake at 05:30 for some reason so have spent the last 80 minutes reading tons of reports from the game. Fucking love beating those scummy c.unts. can't wait to watch MOTD in a little while!! :barscarf:

shu

Post by shu »

Always a great day after beating them but hey we re top of the league :D

Sssshhhhhhhh but where are the negative lot ??????? Ssshhhhhhhhh

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:33 am
I'm still smiling that we beat these cùnts! :barscarf:

Even with insomnia! :banghead:

I might cheer myself up by banning Wilson2.0 for being a royalist Clintonite fan of Lobotomy Clive.... :rubchin:

Only kidding! :lol:

Or am I.....? :wink:
Ban him ! Ban him! :lol:
Great result yesterday!
Beat those vermin bastards next week and I might just start to believe again. :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:47 pm
Watched it with my Spurs fan dad. Have to say, I rather enjoyed that one.

It was a good game up u til the red card, then it became a bloody good one.

I’ve been on the single malts throughout the day. Took me forever to type this properly. :lol: :barscarf:

Perfectly understandable when you have a glass in each hand mate! :wink: :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:40 pm

I'm feelin' Granit Xhaka
Yes, I'm-a Granit Xhaka
Baby, I'm Granit Xhaka

:lol: :lol: :lol: ..... Sounds a bit like when I am looking for my reading specs and they're perched on my barnet.. :oops:

Thing is Rodders "Once It's Out There (Here) There's no putting it back in" (cough! Cough!)

Still absolutely fucking BUZZING this morning and I will be all week.

As Perry so succinctly and beautifully said:

"Fucking delighted with that win. Fucking lovely to see a cracking goal from Partey, a comedy howler from their drink driver in goal, one of their cúnts getting sent off, dog eater getting hauled off, the imbecile having a tantrum and that fucking greasy cûnt manger of theirs being shown up to be the absolute fucking twat he is. Have a fucking bit of that, you fucking cûnts."

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

When I logged on to the site this morning I was somehow in a 2017 Hull match thread that was massively anti Wenger named Hull furburgers :coffeespit:

From what I could gather we scraped the win and the game was a massive steaming pile of fucking shite. Discussion then turned to the upcoming midweek CL fixture against Bayern and we all predicted an anal stretching. I wonder was it one of the 5 nil drubbings? Must have been.

Either way I really miss those glory days. :wink:

Anyway

WE’VE GOT CLAP CLAP
GRANIT XHAKA
WE’VE GOT CLAP CLAP
GRANIT XHAKA

:barscarf:

I’m fucking dying from the inside out