Top 5 goals scored at home v scum

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Top 5 goals scored at home v scum

Post by StuartL »

Don’t think we’ve had this topic before ?

We have scored some absolute beauty’s

So for me

1- Henry’s dribble from half way in our half, waltzed past a couple of no marks, shaped to shoot, took a touch and planted it bottom corner

2- Fabregas from kick off - we had just scored, they kicked off, Cesc nipped in and intercepted and just went straight for the jugular :barscarf: 2 goals in about 40 seconds.

3 -Adams set up by a delightful Bergkamp flick, for a powerful volley to put us 2-1 up in the pouring rain 🌧

4- Bergkamp , same game, Wrighty twisted and turned, like a twisty turny thing, leaving CLIVE Wilson ( Co- incidence ? ) gasping for air on the touch line, sent over a cross to the back post, which Denis, controlled with his usual one touch, and at the same time putting the ball where he wanted for his next touch, which was to rasp it across goal for 3-1 and seal the game.

5 - Van Persie think it was an equaliser in one of the 5-2 matches to bring us to 2-2, he was facing away from goal, tuned and controlled the ball with the outside of the boot ( I love to see players do that , Rosicky, etc ) and just curled an absolute peach from outside the box to the top corner, it was in all the way.

Probably loads more that could make the list that haven’t come to mind just yet

I’ve shown you mine, now you show me yours :wink: ……
Last edited by StuartL on Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

A11M11

Re: Top 5 goals scored at home v scum

Post by A11M11 »

Got to add Bendner's 30 second cameo , not just for it's significance but the hilarity that went with it.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:36 am

So for me

1- Henry’s dribble from half way in our half, waltzed past a couple of no marks, shaped to shoot, took a touch and planted it bottom corner

2- Fabregas from kick off - we had just scored, they kicked off, Cesc nipped in and intercepted and just went straight for the jugular :barscarf: 2 goals in about 40 seconds.

3 -Adams set up by a delightful Bergkamp flick, for a powerful volley to put us 2-1 up in the pouring rain 🌧

4- Bergkamp , same game, Wrighty twisted and turned, like a twisty turny thing leaving ClLIVE Wilson ( Co- incidence ? ) gasping for air on the touch line, sent over a cross to the back post, which Denis, controlled with his usual one touch, and at the same time putting the ball where he wanted for his next touch, which was to rasp it across goal for 3-1 and seal the game.

5 - Van Persie think it was an equaliser in one of the 5-2 matches to bring us to 2-2, he was facing away from goal, tuned and controlled t all with the outside of the boot ( I love to see players do that , Rosicky, etc ) and just curled an absolute peach from outside the box to the top corner, it was in all the way.

We've scored so many beauties against the vermin there's no way I could pick a top five, but all of the above would be in my top twenty! Plus the banger that Rosicky hit into the roof of their net! 8)

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:06 am
StuartL wrote:

So for me

4- Bergkamp , same game, Wrighty twisted and turned, like a twisty turny thing leaving ClLIVE Wilson ( Co- incidence ? ) gasping for air on the touch line, sent over a cross to the back post, which Denis, controlled with his usual one touch, and at the same time putting the ball where he wanted for his next touch, which was to rasp it across goal for 3-1 and seal the game.

5 - Van Persie think it was an equaliser in one of the 5-2 matches to bring us to 2-2, he was facing away from goal, tuned and controlled t all with the outside of the boot ( I love to see players do that , Rosicky, etc ) and just curled an absolute peach from outside the box to the top corner, it was in all the way.

We've scored so many beauties against the vermin there's no way I could pick a top five, but all of the above would be in my top twenty! Plus the banger that Rosicky hit into the roof of their net! 8)

It was Away not home, very early on and proved to be the winner

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:20 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:06 am
StuartL wrote:

So for me

It was Away not home, very early on and proved to be the winner
Don't give a fuck, Mr Thread Police - it was a great goal. :barscarf: :lol:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

StuartL wrote:

So for me

I was in the pub when fabregas scored that goal. We were chatting in the aftermath of celebration when one fella jumps up celebrating again only to quickly realise it was the replay of the goal just scored :lol:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Parteys today was a beaut

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

One from the memory banks for me, I remember being around a mates house for the NLD in the league cup semi in 07 and I was the only Arsenal in a room full of Spurs. I remember this goal shut them up during extra time - https://youtu.be/RrRsNV36s1k

:barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

robbo10 wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:25 pm
Parteys today was a beaut
It sure was a fucking beauty. :barscarf: 8)

Just a shame Lobotomy Clive made the celebration all about himself, playing up to the cameras. The cunty cûnt looked like a pale Phil Brown - without the head mic - that time he was lecturing his players on the pitch playing up to the cameras. It's the carry on of a cùnt. :censored:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I'd replace RVP's goal with the one Mickey Thomas scored at Highbury January 1989. The night the club unveiled the clock on the new stand, and in the 90th minute, Thomas burst through the midfield and scored the winning goal, in what could only be described as a rehearsal for what happened on 26th May, later that year.
Honourable mention goes to Charlie's (fortuitous) jinxing run to win the game at Highbury 3-2.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Champagne Charlie weaving around 4 defenders and rounding the keeper in 83/84 is up there!