William Saliba

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: William Saliba

Post by DB10GOONER »

SingaporeG88ner wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:53 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:42 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:39 pm
Personally I have no idea why people would spend time on a forum that they profess to hate so much.
I honestly don't think anyone hates the forum DB10 or the regular contributors. It's just the relentless jabbing of certain players and the manager that never stops even when we win.

Some people are so far gone, that they can't change their tune/opinions more out of personal pride than anything else. I was right on the fence about Arteta before all or nothing, but he has shown no matter how bizarre his managerial methods he has the respect/backing of the team.

Some of the stuff said about Xhaka is beyond believable. He's been one of our best players this season, I was in the ground when he threw his shirt to the floor vs Palace and have never sworn so much at an Arsenal player.

He will never go down as a great, but ffs at least acknowledge in this system playing further up the pitch he has made a decent contribution to the wins so far.
Thanks for understanding my point of view nut flush! Totally right, I don’t hate this place at all. It’s the relentless jabbing as you say.

To be honest, DB10s response was what I expected. Typically dismissive and negative. Which was kind of my point :oops: :lol:
What the fuck do you mean "typically dismissive and negative"? A bit rich coming from someone that has spent the last few days pissing around various threads dismissing peoples opinions and being negative about the forum and its members. :roll:

If the content and the people are not to your particular taste then I repeat: I do not understand why you would want to spend time on here.

Or do you think everyone on here should only post what you agree with or arent offended by?

SingaporeG88ner

Post by SingaporeG88ner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:42 pm
SingaporeG88ner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Personally I have no idea why people would spend time on a forum that they profess to hate so much.
I honestly don't think anyone hates the forum DB10 or the regular contributors. It's just the relentless jabbing of certain players and the manager that never stops even when we win.

Some people are so far gone, that they can't change their tune/opinions more out of personal pride than anything else. I was right on the fence about Arteta before all or nothing, but he has shown no matter how bizarre his managerial methods he has the respect/backing of the team.

Some of the stuff said about Xhaka is beyond believable. He's been one of our best players this season, I was in the ground when he threw his shirt to the floor vs Palace and have never sworn so much at an Arsenal player.

He will never go down as a great, but ffs at least acknowledge in this system playing further up the pitch he has made a decent contribution to the wins so far.
Thanks for understanding my point of view nut flush! Totally right, I don’t hate this place at all. It’s the relentless jabbing as you say.

To be honest, DB10s response was what I expected. Typically dismissive and negative. Which was kind of my point :oops: :lol:
What the fuck do you mean "typically dismissive and negative"? A bit rich coming from someone that has spent the last few days pissing around various threads dismissing peoples opinions and being negative about the forum and its members. :roll:

If the content and the people are not to your particular taste then I repeat: I do not understand why you would want to spend time on here.

Or do you think everyone on here should only post what you agree with or arent offended by?
It was just an opinion mate that name calling like basque c.unt, Swiss c.unt, etc to describe our own players gets under my skin.

Genuinely, I didn’t expect you to basically say if you don’t like it, go away. You’ve called out people on here for that very thing yourself in the past so I’m a little surprised how strong your response was but fair enough.

Anyway, what’s said is said ,so fair enough, I think our views are clear. let’s leave it there :lol: :fryingpan:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

The MODs on this forum run it very fairly and even handed, if anything they always give the benefit of doubt to abusive posters
Its inevitable you will get confrontations thats part of the passion for the Club, but would like to think we are big enough to handle it and treat it for what it is

:barscarf:

SingaporeG88ner

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:43 pm
The MODs on this forum run it very fairly and even handed, if anything they always give the benefit of doubt to abusive posters
Its inevitable you will get confrontations thats part of the passion for the Club, but would like to think we are big enough to handle it and treat it for what it is

:barscarf:
Mods? Plural??? :shock: I thought there was only one! :lol:

g88ner was a token mod for a few years but had his account randomly deleted or locked or something a few weeks ago. Rumour has it he’s now wandering around the polar ice caps searching for an internet connection so he can raise a complaint to Gooner.Ed :rubchin: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SingaporeG88ner wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:26 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
SingaporeG88ner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

It was just an opinion mate that name calling like basque c.unt, Swiss c.unt, etc to describe our own players gets under my skin.

Genuinely, I didn’t expect you to basically say if you don’t like it, go away. You’ve called out people on here for that very thing yourself in the past so I’m a little surprised how strong your response was but fair enough.

Anyway, what’s said is said ,so fair enough, I think our views are clear. let’s leave it there :lol: :fryingpan:

:popcorn:

I can feel a quote tower coming this way! :D

SingaporeG88ner

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:12 pm
SingaporeG88ner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
SingaporeG88ner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

Bloody hope not. Hate the things as I can read them on my phone! :x

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SingaporeG88ner wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:15 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
SingaporeG88ner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
SingaporeG88ner wrote:

D0 you mean 'can' or did you mean can't'? :wink:

SingaporeG88ner

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:18 pm
SingaporeG88ner wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:15 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
SingaporeG88ner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

D0 you mean 'can' or did you mean can't'? :wink:
Can’t! bloody autocorrect can piss off too :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SingaporeG88ner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
SingaporeG88ner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

And yet that's not what I said or implied.

But happy enough to leave it wherever mate.

SingaporeG88ner

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:56 pm
SingaporeG88ner wrote:

Genuinely, I didn’t expect you to basically say if you don’t like it, go away. You’ve called out people on here for that very thing yourself in the past so I’m a little surprised how strong your response was but fair enough

Ah ok, apologies if I misunderstood then mate. I read your response as suggesting if I don’t like it, I don’t have to be here. Glad I’m wrong as I thought it was odd :barscarf:

What the fuck were you implying then you mad bastard?! :oops: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SingaporeG88ner wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:53 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:56 pm
SingaporeG88ner wrote:

Genuinely, I didn’t expect you to basically say if you don’t like it, go away. You’ve called out people on here for that very thing yourself in the past so I’m a little surprised how strong your response was but fair enough

Ah ok, apologies if I misunderstood then mate. I read your response as suggesting if I don’t like it, I don’t have to be here. Glad I’m wrong as I thought it was odd :barscarf:

What the fuck were you implying then you mad bastard?! :oops: :lol:
The Only thing better than a petty squabble is a Quote Tower ! :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

William Saliba has suggested early talks are underway regarding the prospect of a new contract at Arsenal.

@TheAthleticUK 🔴⚪️ #AFC

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

William Saliba’s contract remains unsigned for now. His representatives believe the wage Arsenal are offering is not commensurate with the long deal the club want to tie him to. Talks go on. [@gunnerblog] #afc

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:17 pm
William Saliba’s contract remains unsigned for now. His representatives believe the wage Arsenal are offering is not commensurate with the long deal the club want to tie him to. Talks go on. [@gunnerblog] #afc
Someone please tell me we are not going to fuck this up over money ffs and all the while we pay Lobotomy Clive the most useless and worst ringpiece in the fucking league north of 100k a week... please ffs someone tell me.... :roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

My biggest worry with Saliba has always been that I just think he’d rather be in France.

So no matter how successful he was here or how much money we throw at him, if PSG were to come in he’d be off.

I think that’s ultimately what will happen which is why it’s vital we get him to sign some sort of contract soon so we get a massive wedge of that delicious oil money when the time comes and not have him walk for peanuts in the last year of his contract or even worse for nothing if he runs it out.