The Official (Lobotomy Clive) Xhakatard is FINALLY gone thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: The Official (Clive) Xhakatard is a useless crunt thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:48 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:45 pm
Voted September player of the month :barscarf:
And well deserved :barscarf: :wink:
:fishing: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:34 pm
I have never been Xhaka's greatest fan but some of you owe him an apology today.
:gayflag:

:mrgreen:

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

The suggestion that Xhaka getting the team together was him trying to make it all about himself is silly and borne out of hatred for the guy. The team got together after the first goal against Brentford as well and it was led by both Jesus and Xhaka. This is something that may well has been planned and we will probably see more of it specially in big games. From purely optics perspective not only it gives the fans a sense about the togetherness of this team but also gives the opposition the feeling that this team means business. I am all for it, it will obviously not work every time but with the youngest team in the league, it is not a bad idea to get the players in to refocus on the common goal.

What fans feel about Xhaka's leadership skills means a sum total of f*ck all when it seems he has the respect of his team mates. Some people basing that Xhaka does not accept responsibility and blames younger teammates for his mistake based on a 2 min clip from a documentary is lazy analysis and borne out of confirmation bias.

For all the faults of Xhaka, I don't think he is selfish player. He is obviously a very average player but then quality teams sometimes do have that one average player who has a specific role. He has started the season well and is contributing. His relationship has improved with the fans coming to games though that may have a lot to do about the general good feeling about the team at the moment. He has turned it around to a certain extent and credit to him for that. We still need to improve on him though.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:31 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
:coffeespit:

Wow. We either have some absolute mongs for fans. The type of mongs that vote in popularity polls on websites. :oops:

Or some fuckers that love taking the piss . :lol: :wink:
:shock: :lol:

Damn I've been outed (and not just in that way :wink: ) :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:18 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

Wow. We either have some absolute mongs for fans. The type of mongs that vote in popularity polls on websites. :oops:

Damn I've been outed (and not just in that way :wink: ) :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Oooh matron! :barscarf: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:18 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

Damn I've been outed
:gayflag:

:D :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunnerz4life wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:47 am
The suggestion that Xhaka getting the team together was him trying to make it all about himself is silly and borne out of hatred for the guy. The team got together after the first goal against Brentford as well and it was led by both Jesus and Xhaka. This is something that may well has been planned and we will probably see more of it specially in big games. From purely optics perspective not only it gives the fans a sense about the togetherness of this team but also gives the opposition the feeling that this team means business. I am all for it, it will obviously not work every time but with the youngest team in the league, it is not a bad idea to get the players in to refocus on the common goal.

What fans feel about Xhaka's leadership skills means a sum total of f*ck all when it seems he has the respect of his team mates. Some people basing that Xhaka does not accept responsibility and blames younger teammates for his mistake based on a 2 min clip from a documentary is lazy analysis and borne out of confirmation bias.

For all the faults of Xhaka, I don't think he is selfish player. He is obviously a very average player but then quality teams sometimes do have that one average player who has a specific role. He has started the season well and is contributing. His relationship has improved with the fans coming to games though that may have a lot to do about the general good feeling about the team at the moment. He has turned it around to a certain extent and credit to him for that. We still need to improve on him though.
Sorry, no. Accusations of "confirmation bias" is the weakest rebuttal there is. Ask yourself what instigated that perceived bias. Do you genuinely think people have randomly chosen to hate or denigrate a player at their own club for no good reason, and then gone looking for his faults AFTER the fact? Because that's what accusations of confirmation bias imply.

No, this guy has been nothing but a liability from day one. I'm not gonna bother listing every incident here, they are all repeated ad infinitum on this forum.

The fact his current role out of the danger area means he is less likely to cause us to lose a game does not mean he is now an improved player, he is just in a position that limits his capabilities to cause mayhem defensively. Although he still managed it against the scum, didn't he?

If you think he has the genuine respect of his team mates you should watch that Amazon thing again. A few very telling incidents are depicted where the opposite seems true. They know he's Martinez-Lite's pet and is treated differently to the rest of them.

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

You are deluded by your hate mate. There was nothing in the Amazon documentary showing that.

Xhaka has definitely improved this year. Is he good enough for a title team? No, and we will probably upgrade him at the end of the season. But your blinkers with him are laughable tbh.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

fivetothree wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:30 pm
You are deluded by your hate mate. There was nothing in the Amazon documentary showing that.

Xhaka has definitely improved this year. Is he good enough for a title team? No, and we will probably upgrade him at the end of the season. But your blinkers with him are laughable tbh.

There were a number of incidents - Try looking again, unless of course you are a Clive Luvvie :?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

fivetothree wrote:

Deluded? Laughable? :lol: After some of the deluded garbage you have posted on here? :lol: Get a fucking grip mate. Don't be stupid.

Before you come on here with shit accusations like that, take off your fanboy blinkers and watch the Amazon thing again. Watch where Smith-Rowe sneers at him for always walking right back into the team. Watch where Saka takes him to task for cowardly blaming his fuck up on Saka. Watch where after nealy every bad result, he struts into the dressing room ranting and spouting shit after being the worst player on the pitch and look at the faces on his teammates. Watch where he tells his team mates to release the ball quicker after he has slowed down every attack we have had and look again at the faces around him. Watch the hilarious scene where he rants and screams like a spoiled child and the entire dressing room has had enough and just ignores him.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:14 pm
fivetothree wrote:

There were a number of incidents - Try looking again, unless of course you are a Clive Luvvie :?
Like when Wenger was dragging this great club down with his own ego the fanboys can't look at it without their rose tinted blinkers on. These are the type of superfans that used to tell anyone that questioned Wenger to "go support the chavs" mate. :roll: :lol:

herbert

Post by herbert »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:31 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
fivetothree wrote:

Like when Wenger was dragging this great club down with his own ego the fanboys can't look at it without their rose tinted blinkers on. These are the type of superfans that used to tell anyone that questioned Wenger to "go support the chavs" mate. :roll: :lol:
I do agree that he milked the latest get together after Parteys goal but I put that down to over enthusiasm after his rebirth 😁

Anyway all those professional football managers who have picked and continue to pick him are not Clive luvvies or rose tinted glass wearing fanboys
What's their excuse for thinking he contributes to their teams?

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

Gotta love the labeling of anyone who has anything different to say other than "Xhaka is a c*nt" as a supafan and Clive luvvie. Yet those same individuals whine about being labelled negative.

Not hypocritical at all.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

herbert wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:07 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:31 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
fivetothree wrote:

I do agree that he milked the latest get together after Parteys goal but I put that down to over enthusiasm after his rebirth 😁

Anyway all those professional football managers who have picked and continue to pick him are not Clive luvvies or rose tinted glass wearing fanboys
What's their excuse for thinking he contributes to their teams?
The professional football managers you mention of are a run down Wenger and Emery

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunnerz4life wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:31 am
Gotta love the labeling of anyone who has anything different to say other than "Xhaka is a c*nt" as a supafan and Clive luvvie. Yet those same individuals whine about being labelled negative.

Not hypocritical at all.
Negative!?? :shock:

I said a while back that I am "beginning to warm to Arteta", but what I still don't get is his insistence on selecting xhaka week in week out, when until recently when his playing position was changed from Mid-field holder; which he never was or will be because he has no pace, he cannot think on the ball and be creative nor does he drive the play forward. So if anything I am relieved (not glad) that he is more forward in the play even though I would prefer he wasn't on the pitch at all AND the reasons for that are that he still has the 'rick' in him, he proved that last week against the scum, it was his inability to use the necessary skills to simply control and / or clear the ball, but instead his actions or in-actions simply put our defence under even more pressure & panic and so Gabrielle had to make a last ditch challenge, and so gave away the pen.

I heard some fans blaming Gabriel for that, but he was put in that situation by xhaka.

He will always have that 'rick' in his game, he makes the clumsiest challenges even when there is no danger and no need to make a challenge. He acts the hard man; I dunno maybe he actually believes he is, but just because he is (age wise) one of the senior players doesn't automatically make him a leader, because he is not. If you look at the stats he plays the ball either sideways or backwards more than any other Arsenal player.

And top it all off in the recent All Or Nothing documentary

a) He tried to blame and dig out Saka for a mistake that lead to a goal being scored against us, when anyone with even one eye could see it was down to him.
b) In one of the games when we were losing, at half-time he came into the dressing room shouting about how 'we' the team are just not good enough, but he had in fact been the worst player on the pitch... He was giving it the BIG I am etc... But as soon as Arteta came into the dressing room he dropped his head and shut up.
c) He has Never Apologised for his behaviour when he threw a tantrum, told everyone to 'fuck-off' and threw his shirt on the floor.

But he then went on to do a number of interviews in the media claiming he was being trolled on Twitter etc.

He said his family called names etc, which is 100% WRONG.

But the fact remains is he has Never Apologised and yet he seems to have been given a 'get out of jail' card. It is no coincidence that during the Documentary the club did a "fluff" piece on him... He was the only player that the camera's followed and went into his home to show him playing with his kids etc, as if to say see he is a nice home loving guy; which I'm certain he is, BUT as a player and how he conducts himself as a player as he has never accepted the Balme when he has caused the penalties or giving the ball away that lead to a goal that lost us the game. Why? Because I reckon he is something of a coward.

I just wish some Journo would step up and ask him " Why have you never apologised to the Arsenal fans?". But of course the club would not allow that.