Sun International Challenge Trophy winners(Swaziland) 1983 H Sat October 1st KO 1230

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Sun International Challenge Trophy winners(Swaziland) 1983 H Sat October 1st KO 1230

Post by OneBardGooner »

Still (Gently) Buzzing :D :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Sun International Challenge Trophy winners(Swaziland) 1983 H Sat October 1st KO 1230

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:10 pm
You might need to replace the battery mate :oops:

beck

Post by beck »

robbo10 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:17 am
beck wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:47 am
robbo10 wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:14 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:39 am
robbo10 wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:09 am
I’ve been lucky enough to be given a ticket by a very good friend,so after selling my soul to my company to get the day off I’ll be going to my first NLD since probably 1984,and I’m shitting myself already,I’ve always hated this game,but I’ll have nowhere to hide tomorrow,I’ll just have to take it and watch…..

I think our own mistakes could fuck us,but I think we’ll beat them if we keep The dog eater quiet and cut out the mistakes,
I hope you enjoy the game and bring us a fucktonne of luck Robbo. 8)

My worst NLD experience was the infamous 2-0 up at home at half time, could have easily been 5 nil to us, and they somehow beat us 2-3. Back in 2010 I think. My mates were telling me afterwards "don't you go fucking near an NLD ever again you jinxy cûnt". :cry: :lol:
I think my last one was the time Graham Roberts put Charlie into the advertising board,just along from the dugouts midway inside the half,I think we won 2-0 that day unless I’m getting mixed up
It was 0-0
First ever home 0-0 against them
Cheers mate,maybe the year before was 2-0,I remember when I was a child I’m sure half the north bank was Totteringham,and when we scored it was pandemonium,and the police line between fans disappeared,unless there were that many away fans who’d got in it looked like it was half and half…….this was maybe 80/81/82/84 era.
On that note I saw plenty of tourists with half and half scarves Saturday,zero fucking clue these c unts
We beat them 2-0 in 81/82 I was in the clockend
Can’t remember weather they had half of it
There was lots of trouble in the north bank but they must have done
David price scored and Stapleton lobbed the second
Both towards clockend second half
It was an early season game
The other was 82/83
Sure I was there ,rarely missed then
Looked it up.it was a Xmas game Sunderland and woodcock scored

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I remember a game when Spuds had huge numbers in the north bank in the 80's. My old man had been given tickets in the west upper so we were not in our usual place in the north bank, I can't remember when it was though, kind of think it was 81?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:09 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:10 pm
You might need to replace the battery mate :oops:
:lol: :high5: good one.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

TeeCee wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:43 am
I remember a game when Spuds had huge numbers in the north bank in the 80's. My old man had been given tickets in the west upper so we were not in our usual place in the north bank, I can't remember when it was though, kind of think it was 81?
This is what I remember,I assumed as a child they were allocated half the north bank,with a thin line of police down the centre of the stand,when we scored the old bill were swamped under bodies,it was pretty mad as a child to see,I was were the junior gunners were allocated at the front of the west stand

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

robbo10 wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:28 am
TeeCee wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:43 am
This is what I remember,I assumed as a child they were allocated half the north bank,with a thin line of police down the centre of the stand,when we scored the old bill were swamped under bodies,it was pretty mad as a child to see,I was were the junior gunners were allocated at the front of the west stand
Truth is with so many turnstiles and such a large area, meant to hold 15000 it was impossible to defend, even with look outs
they first came in around 1974/75 just after West Ham did the same....our quality of football was shite then...the double side was broken up..and our crowds dropped drastically...

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Thank god we got rid of that caroline shite...which everyone plays

That new anthem was amazing...really connects with the fans....creates a fantasic atmosphere....great decision to embrace it