Forest fartboxes H Sun 30th Oct KO 2pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Forest fartboxes H Sun 30th Oct KO 2pm

Post by rodders999 »

Yeah the weekly Gabriel cluster fucks are starting to become a major worry. He’s overall game is very good to be fair but he’s just prone to absolute calamity moments.

That insane pass inside his own box could have led to it being 1-1 in a game we’d completely dominated up to that point. What the fuck was he doing?

He needs to cut this shit out of his game because it’s happening way to often and he’ll cost us goals and points unless he sorts himself out.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Great overall performance. I thought R Nelson did OK when asked to come on for Saka. Imagine Eddie doing what he did scoring 2 goals in quick time !. Everyone would be creaming themselves about how good he was. I rate Nelson above Eddie and with more games he will get better. On another day Jesus will have scored a hatrick - played great and did so much without the ball. Worked his bollocks off. Now for Chav$. :barscarf: :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:57 pm
Great win and 4 goals scored down the end I was sitting :barscarf:
Hope you enjoyed the day Mc ? :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Did you spy any January signings while you were there ?

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:07 pm
Thynker wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:25 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:58 pm
Brilliant win, was jumping up and down, this team is exciting for sure, don't know about anyone else but I never expected us to be here at this point so am just loving this period.

Of course we won't win the league but fuck it I'm enjoying having a drink while watching us this season, we all know we could do with some additional players but that's not what I'm focusing on today.

Funny that some posters are waiting for us to fuck up a few times before they grace us with their superior knowledge of the game :wink:
We might win it yet....
A third of the way through the season and despite all Haaland's record breaking it is us who are top of the league. Have already dispatched Liverpool and Spurs in convincing fashion...
Well I'm not going to knock your optimism but there's a long way to go yet with two games against city as well.

I am just hoping we are still in the mix for top four cone April.
There aren't 4 teams in the league better than us this season.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Ray C wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:46 pm
Great overall performance. I thought R Nelson did OK when asked to come on for Saka. Imagine Eddie doing what he did scoring 2 goals in quick time !. Everyone would be creaming themselves about how good he was. I rate Nelson above Eddie and with more games he will get better. On another day Jesus will have scored a hatrick - played great and did so much without the ball. Worked his bollocks off. Now for Chav$. :barscarf: :barscarf:
Which day?? He is our main striker and out of 5 goals, he didn't get one. He does work hard but his primary job is to get goals and he is not doing that........City let him go because he would never be a replacement for Aguero. I had my doubts when we bought him...and I still do,

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Delighted with the win yesterday and it's nice to see us swat aside the teams we should be beating. It was only last season we couldn't beat fucking Burnley at home so we are looking alot more like a top 4 team. It was good to see Rhys Nelson grab 2 goals but overall I don't think he is good enough to play for the club but ever since the Wenger days we have loved 'internal solutions' so he'll be hanging around for the foreseeable future. Anyway barring a disaster In our next two, we should be right up there when the world Cup break comes.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

After the recent jitters especially southampton where it felt like a defeat great to get back to winning

5-0 just what they needed, get a result at chavs and we will be top going into the break...who would have thought that?

Overall delighted by the progress.....

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Fantastic win especially when there's a history of us shitting the togs when the pressure is on.

Jesus was great but he was bought to score goals.

He had a tendancey to kick the ball straight at the keeper.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:30 pm
Good win against bottom feeders. This crowd will be relegated by February but we can only play what's in front of us and we got the job done.

Nelson is not even bench material for a PL club. It's bollocks to say calling a poor player a poor player is being "negative", absolute bollocks. Why pretend he's something he's not ffs? :roll:

He'll get a career out of the game, at somewhere like Bolton or Stoke or Norwich, and there's no shame in that. But two years ago it was obvious he was not PL quality and its even more obvious now, exactly like Comedy Iwobi and Willock, both of whom were known to be not good enough on here years ago - but we were all accused of "being negative" then too.

Reality is not negativity ffs.
I said to mates after the game yesterday forest could be his level, love to see him kick on but dont think he's goid enough.Even at 17 Saka looked a cut above him.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gooner265 wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:40 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:30 pm
Good win against bottom feeders. This crowd will be relegated by February but we can only play what's in front of us and we got the job done.

Nelson is not even bench material for a PL club. It's bollocks to say calling a poor player a poor player is being "negative", absolute bollocks. Why pretend he's something he's not ffs? :roll:

He'll get a career out of the game, at somewhere like Bolton or Stoke or Norwich, and there's no shame in that. But two years ago it was obvious he was not PL quality and its even more obvious now, exactly like Comedy Iwobi and Willock, both of whom were known to be not good enough on here years ago - but we were all accused of "being negative" then too.

Reality is not negativity ffs.
I said to mates after the game yesterday forest could be his level, love to see him kick on but dont think he's goid enough.Even at 17 Saka looked a cut above him.
Absolutely. With some players you just see very early on that they have that something extra, that something special. And with some you just see they don't have it, and never will at the top level. And some it takes a little while for them to be exposed.

Every team needs workers, not just flair players, but the likes of Nelson, Willock and Iwobi are not tough workhorses, they have a certain level of fair, but just not enough to transfer it effectively and consistently from the training pitch to the PL pitch. JET was the same, as were Frimpong and Bentley.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Watched the highlights again today and it actually looks a better performance than first viewing. The movement, the assured play. I'd say that's the best football we've played in the second half of a match this season. Would Saka have scored the two goals Nelson did playing in the same position? I'm not sure he would have.
Each goal was so good and Partey's just gets better with each viewing.
Personally, I think forest will stay up. The world cup break will do them a world of good.
Jesus doesn't give up, he's due a goal scoring run, hopefully it happens in March/ April when things get critical.

beck

Post by beck »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:37 pm
If we can't beat this disorganised bunch of shite at our own place, then we may as well pack it up for the season in 8th, and give our CL spot to Newcastle or the Spuds
Southampton had 7 points after 11 games in 01/02
For 8 against 23
Same goal difference as Nottingham forest before Sunday
But forest had 2 points more
We drew 1-1 at home with them that season
So we should have given the double to Aston Villa and Newcastle who were 3rd and 4th at the time
This hand ringing nonsense about deserve
You finish where you deserve after 38 games