Zurich H Thu 3rd Nov KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Re: Zurich H Thu 3rd Nov KO 8pm

Post by goonersid »

Another game we wouldn't have won in previous years, so lots of positives.
We've been top of plge all season, so please beat those Chav c u n t s, so we can be top throughout the most "i couldn't give a fuck world cup ever"

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:58 pm
Oooh , those Zurich fans coming in on mummy and daddy's helicopters. :roll:
Load of bankers and insurance brokers on a jolly

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

If we have any desire to win the competition we can't play like that.
So bitty and untidy.
Again the ref was awful. How he never gave a penalty and foul on nelson when clean through was astounding.
Anyway, we won avoiding the double jeopardy of finishing second and playing a qualifying game. Put that on the shelf to February/ March.
Let's carry on by winning next 3 games.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

15 games now won this season :shock:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:32 pm
I still have high hopes for Vieira.
Mind you I had high hopes for Pepe a couple of years ago
Oh we all remember that Rob. :lol: :wink:

NickF98

Post by NickF98 »

First game I've been to for a couple of seasons as I own and run my own pub, so weekend games are out.

Maybe I'm less tolerant now, but I swear the crowd has got worst. Still drifting in with 20 minutes gone. Mass exodus with 7 minutes left before half time followed by another at 5 minutes. Drift back 5 to 10 minutes into the second half and leave with 10 minutes still on the clock.

On the pitch, seems to be the usual story for our Europe games, lots of possession around the final third, but precious little to show for it in the way of chances.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF98 wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:14 am
First game I've been to for a couple of seasons as I own and run my own pub, so weekend games are out.

Maybe I'm less tolerant now, but I swear the crowd has got worst. Still drifting in with 20 minutes gone. Mass exodus with 7 minutes left before half time followed by another at 5 minutes. Drift back 5 to 10 minutes into the second half and leave with 10 minutes still on the clock.

On the pitch, seems to be the usual story for our Europe games, lots of possession around the final third, but precious little to show for it in the way of chances.
Oh no Nick get your tin hat on mate! :shock:

Don't you know everything at the club and about the club is perfect now and if you don't agree well then you've either got "an agenda" or aren't a "true fan".... according to a couple of superfans on here anyway.... :lol: :wink:

But yeah I hate the late arrivers and early leavers, always have. What's the point of going to see 60 or 65 minutes of a 90 minute game ffs? :censored:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:17 pm
NickF98 wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:14 am

Oh no Nick get your tin hat on mate! :shock:

Don't you know everything at the club and about the club is perfect now and if you don't agree well then you've either got "an agenda" or aren't a "true fan".... according to a couple of superfans on here anyway.... :lol: :wink:

But yeah I hate the late arrivers and early leavers, always have. What's the point of going to see 60 or 65 minutes of a 90 minute game ffs? :censored:
Just seeing Xhaka pointing is worth the entry fee alone :barscarf:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

It’s been better this season but there are still multiple plums in the ground.

Football-wise we have also been better but the reality is that we have been on vapers for a while. Ignore Forest who were pony. We either buck up and Jesus and co get their shooting boots on or we will be eaten up after Christmas.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

In years to come in the future Gooners will barely be able to believe that one such as he walked the sacred turf of Arsenal FC's Ground...

Not only could he "Point", but he could look in the opposite direction AND pass the ball backwards whilst falling over!

Hence thousands will march with scarfs and banners held aloft... Insisting on a statue not disimilar to this:

With this inscription carved into the plinth:

"Gravitas non amici"

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:53 pm
In years to come in the future Gooners will barely be able to believe that one such as he walked the sacred turf of Arsenal FC's Ground...

Not only could he "Point", but he could look in the opposite direction AND pass the ball backwards whilst falling over!

Hence thousands will march with scarfs and banners held aloft... Insisting on a statue not disimilar to this:

"Gravitas non amici"
:lol: :lol:

John F

Post by John F »

OneBardGooner wrote:

"Gravitas non amici"
:D Isn't that the statue of the legend Gervinho.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Never get that cone over his forehead

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

John F wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:42 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

"Gravitas non amici"
:D Isn't that the statue of the legend Gervinho.
Surely you can tell by the expertise shown in that pointing hand that it can only be one person.. "Clive".