SLAVERY WORLD CUP 2022

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: SLAVERY WORLD CUP 2022

Post by OneBardGooner »

Also: (Source BBC)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63561340

A Qatar World Cup ambassador calling homosexuality "damage in the mind" is "harmful and unacceptable", says Human Rights Watch.

Former Qatar international Khalid Salman told German broadcaster ZDF that LGBTQ+ people attending the tournament should "accept our rules".

Homosexuality is illegal in Qatar because it is considered immoral under Islamic Sharia law.

Salman said: "[Homosexuality] is haram. You know what haram [forbidden] means?"

When asked why it was haram, he added: "I am not a strict Muslim but why is it haram? Because it is damage in the mind."

The interview, which is part of a documentary set to be broadcast on Tuesday, was then stopped by an accompanying official.

Rasha Younes, LGBT rights senior researcher at Human Rights Watch, said: "Salman's suggestion that same-sex attraction is 'damage in the mind' is harmful and unacceptable.

"The failure of the Qatari government to counter this false information has a significant impact on the lives of LGBT residents of Qatar, ranging from fuelling discrimination and violence against them to justifying subjecting them to state-sponsored conversion practices."

Awarding Qatar the World Cup a mistake - Blatter
England's Wubben-Moy will not watch Qatar World Cup
Why is the Qatar World Cup so controversial?
There is concern about how LGBTQ+ people are treated in Qatar, where same-sex relationships and the promotion of same-sex relationships are criminalised, with punishments ranging from fines to the death sentence.

The host country's World Cup organisers have stated "everyone is welcome" to visit the country to watch the matches and claimed no-one will be discriminated against.

However, Qatar 2022 chief executive Nasser al Khater has said the government would not change its laws on homosexuality, requesting visitors "respect our culture".

The Gulf State, where the World Cup will take place from 20 November to 18 December, has also been criticised for its human rights record and treatment of migrant workers.

Fifa recently wrote to competing nations asking them to "now focus on the football" instead of the competition's controversial build-up.

The letter, which was signed by Fifa president Gianni Infantino, was criticised by Human Rights Watch, Amnesty International and LGBTQ+ campaigners in England and Wales, while 10 European football associations - including those of England and Wales - said "human rights are universal and apply everywhere".

However, Conmebol, the South American football confederation, says it is "time to leave controversies behind".

LGBTQ+ campaign group All Out called on Fifa to "end the silence and hypocrisy" following Salman's comments.

At a protest outside Fifa's museum in Zurich, a spokesperson from All Out said: "This comes days after All Out and others have presented testimony from LGBT+ Qataris of abduction, detention without trial, torture and conversion practices taking place in recent weeks.

"But Fifa president Infantino is still saying that everyone will be welcome at the World Cup.

"With just two weeks to go until the football starts, it is time for Fifa to stop looking away and take responsibility.

"It is time for Fifa to end the silence and hypocrisy. It is finally time for human rights to be put ahead of greed. The world is watching."

Human Rights Watch recently released a report saying that Qatari security forces are continuing to arrest citizens who are gay, lesbian, and transgender, sometimes forcing them to undergo conversion therapy.

Qatar's government has said the report contains false allegations.

LGBTQ+ charity Stonewall's director of communications and external affairs Robbie de Santos said human rights were being "disregarded and disrespected".

Speaking to BBC World Service's Sport Today, he added: "It's surprising and disappointing the Qatar authorities have given assurances to the United Nations and other multilateral bodies about respecting human rights during the tournament and making commitments to social progress, and what we're seeing is those commitments are not being kept on with.

"That's why it's so important that all of us are listening globally and following the tournament and knowing that football really is everyone's game, that we all speak."

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I've always loved the world, tried to watch every game possible.
I have however no interest in this shambles.
My problem isn't with their treatment of queers, nor their treatment of immigrant workers, I couldn't give a fuck about either!
My problem is, that a country with no football history is hosting the tournament!
Fifa corruption, fucking sheiks and oil tycoons destroying football!
I won't be watching a single fucking game!
I am however looking forward to Ingerlands exit! :wink:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Couldn't give a fuck. Fucking about in the desert for a month supporting slavery, beheading homosexuals and corrupt regimes just to work out that Brazil or the Frogs are the best team. What a fucking waste of money and time. And fuck all those sanctimonious cúnts like Neville and Linecúnt gobbing for years about whatever shit they can to get attention but then happy to work on this immoral pile of shit. Fuck off and fuck all international football.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

3 weeks of hoping none of our players get injured……

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

robbo10 wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:25 am
And that a few others do ….Kane(pen) in particular :evil: :evil:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:10 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Ha ha ha I meant Arsenal players mate,for any country,any other England player I care not a shit about,

To be honest though I’m conflicted during real England games,I like the idea we win things for my patriotic selfs sake,but the thought of cheering Kane,or Sterling,or Rice,or Dyer the c unt on leaves me cold,I’d love to see Saka or White win the WC but that also means fat tongue will claim one,and if he never won anything at the Spuds he’d still have possibly the rarest of medals in his gimp hands

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Don't think you have much to worry about Robbo . I reckon we could well be home before the post cards.

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

A11M11 wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:09 pm
Don't think you have much to worry about Robbo . I reckon we could well be home before the post cards.
Especially with the postal strikes :lol: :lol:

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

robbo10 wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:40 pm
StuartL wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:10 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Ha ha ha I meant Arsenal players mate,for any country,any other England player I care not a shit about,

To be honest though I’m conflicted during real England games,I like the idea we win things for my patriotic selfs sake,but the thought of cheering Kane,or Sterling,or Rice,or Dyer the c unt on leaves me cold,I’d love to see Saka or White win the WC but that also means fat tongue will claim one,and if he never won anything at the Spuds he’d still have possibly the rarest of medals in his gimp hands
I knew the “our” related to AFC -Im not fussed with England, I’ve cheered on France 🇫🇷 and Holland 🇳🇱 before in tournaments due to AFC :barscarf: players - will be quite happy if Brazil 🇧🇷 Win it 🏆 or anyone that plays good football and deserves it.
Like you said more about” our” players “coming home” with no injuries and not exhausted to carry on doing what they are doing right now.

The good thing is that Kane(pen) will probably play every minute of every match and his dodgy ankles will give way at some point in the season.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Its a cardinal sin the way football has allowed global cretins to infiltrate it. Given its status as the global game, the custodians of the sport should use it to promote tolerance ect. Yet these gulf state theocracies have been allowed into the club. Its not a Muslim thing to, as this criticism can be extended to Putin.

And what about Liverpool fans. Praying for middle eastern wealth fund despite their strong views on City - just rank hypocritical.

When I say, I would not want to be a Newcastle/Man City type club. I sincerely mean it. I would not be sportswashed the way Liverpool fans are allowing themselves to be. The left wing City that hates the conservative government in the UK, but would have no problem turning a blind eye to an autocratic theocracy simply because they provide funds for Bellingham. They are so fucking fake.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:04 am
Its a cardinal sin the way football has allowed global cretins to infiltrate it. Given its status as the global game, the custodians of the sport should use it to promote tolerance ect. Yet these gulf state theocracies have been allowed into the club. Its not a Muslim thing to, as this criticism can be extended to Putin.

And what about Liverpool fans. Praying for middle eastern wealth fund despite their strong views on City - just rank hypocritical.

When I say, I would not want to be a Newcastle/Man City type club. I sincerely mean it. I would not be sportswashed the way Liverpool fans are allowing themselves to be. The left wing City that hates the conservative government in the UK, but would have no problem turning a blind eye to an autocratic theocracy simply because they provide funds for Bellingham. They are so fucking fake.
They'll spout out some shite like they were already a big club beforehand so it's ok

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

It's gonna fuck up our season. We have 11 players going, 9 of whom are regular first team starters. Unless England and Brazil get knocked out in the group stages, our first is gonna be knackered.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

wilson2.0 wrote:

It's the Liverpool way. Always has been. Although, its every club and country. If Denmark are so passionate about the Qataris human rights why don't they boycott the world cup instead of putting a slogan on the shirt, which probably sells as a limited edition for £80. It's all corrupt and bullshit.
Don't agree with Qatar, don't go! Don't rely on footballers to stand up and speak out when governments turn a blind eye. Only thing Klopp says that 100% agree with.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:52 am
wilson2.0 wrote:

They'll spout out some shite like they were already a big club beforehand so it's ok
Bin dippers didn't give a fuck when they were bankrolled by slavery and Littlewoods pools for fifty years. Fucking cúnts all of them. The dirty murdering rodents who boo a national anthem and claim to be anti-Monarchist begging for an Arab Royal Family to buy them. Fuck em. Immoral murdering cúnts. JFT39.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Would be fitting if Blatter’s death was announced during the opening ceremony. Fingers crossed.