Brighton bulbeyes H Weds 9th Nov KO 745pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunnerz4life

Re: Brighton bulbeyes H Weds 9th Nov KO 745pm

Post by Gunnerz4life »

I don't think anyone is blind to the fact that there glaring issues with the squad that could derail a top 4 finish let alone a title push. Let's not confuse optimism and sense of belief among fans to them being oblivious to the fact that if we don't strengthen in Jan the second half of the season could very well turn out to be a nightmare and fast.

I am fairly confident that the same realisation is there among the people in the club as well and Arteta time and again had highlighted that we are short in key areas without throwing a hissy fit like the prick at the scum. Whether the club pushes the boat and gets the players and the quality that we need is anyone's guess. They took the gamble of not signing anyone last Jan and it backfired. Something similar this year would be criminal negligence.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:28 am
gooner265 wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:42 am
Redarmy wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:38 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:24 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:44 pm
If we're getting stressed about this then we need to remember we're top of the league and fast becoming the most exciting club in Europe. This won't matter in six months.
Oh do fuck off - we are nowhere near that good.

We have a few exciting players and have had a good run of form. That is all.

Tonight has shown that we have very little in reserve. I am cautiously optimistic that we might get a top 4 finish. apart from that forget it
shown tonight ???? we have always had no reserve quality despite paying top wages....this is another arteta mistake...pointed out at last transfer window
Not a mistake, he wanted two quality players for every position, always ambitious we didnt quite get there but im certain we will go back in
January. Think this window will be very different than usual January windows , we also have Smith Rowe coming back which will be massive, but like others said Im glad we're out this.
Thats your opinion.....My opinion should have brought in better replacements.....yes expecting he wil strengthen the sqaud...would not be surprised if they go back in for Tielmans in January
Whats my opinion , I just stated facts? He wanted two quality players for every position which didnt happen. Who's to blame for that , it's down to all the management team but say was overly ambitious, was never gonna happen. Quality is subjective of course , I agree with the assessment we have 14 quality players , the rest arent good enough and we will need to address this in January to sustain our top 4 push , any talk of the title is ridiculous at present. I do believe Vieira will come good , he clearly has talent but hasnt settled yet, Lakonga is not goid enough for me and Eddie was a huge mistake.

If we don't strengthen at all we will finish 5th IMO

Midz

Post by Midz »

City drew Liverpool in the next round :D :D :D :D :D :D

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

gooner265 wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:40 am
Redarmy wrote:
gooner265 wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:24 pm

Oh do fuck off - we are nowhere near that good.

We have a few exciting players and have had a good run of form. That is all.

Tonight has shown that we have very little in reserve. I am cautiously optimistic that we might get a top 4 finish. apart from that forget it
shown tonight ???? we have always had no reserve quality despite paying top wages....this is another arteta mistake...pointed out at last transfer window
Not a mistake, he wanted two quality players for every position, always ambitious we didnt quite get there but im certain we will go back in
January. Think this window will be very different than usual January windows , we also have Smith Rowe coming back which will be massive, but like others said Im glad we're out this.
Thats your opinion.....My opinion should have brought in better replacements.....yes expecting he wil strengthen the sqaud...would not be surprised if they go back in for Tielmans in January
Whats my opinion , I just stated facts? He wanted two quality players for every position which didnt happen. Who's to blame for that , it's down to all the management team but say was overly ambitious, was never gonna happen. Quality is subjective of course , I agree with the assessment we have 14 quality players , the rest arent good enough and we will need to address this in January to sustain our top 4 push , any talk of the title is ridiculous at present. I do believe Vieira will come good , he clearly has talent but hasnt settled yet, Lakonga is not goid enough for me and Eddie was a huge mistake.

Strange you stated shown tonight (Brighton) thought it was obvious long ago :wink:
Yes he tried to sign that Luiz from villa but missed out
we have bought marqinos and viera they both look like they need time to settle, time will tell
Agree he has previously stated he wants quality back up in every position
Nkeitah, elneny and Holding are deifinetly not quality back up IMO

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:18 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:40 am
Redarmy wrote:
gooner265 wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

Strange you stated shown tonight (Brighton) thought it was obvious long ago :wink:
Yes he tried to sign that Luiz from villa but missed out
we have bought marqinos and viera they both look like they need time to settle, time will tell
Agree he has previously stated he wants quality back up in every position
Nkeitah, elneny and Holding are deifinetly not quality back up IMO
I never said shown tonight that was gunner rob :lol:
As I said we have 14 quality players which is the first 11 except Xhaka , KT, Tommy, Vieira and ESR.
The rest not good enough for me.

beck

Post by beck »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:00 am
beck wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:53 pm
Thynker wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:39 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:38 pm
Thynker wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:35 pm
We aren't clinical enough in front of goal.
That's it.
22 attempts but only 4 on target :oops:
And Brighton have as many on target from 13 attempts.
Even when they are on target, we too often hit it at the keeper.

For the number of chances we create, we should be hammering teams.
How many teams have we hammered since the pre-season friendlies?
Bournemouth 3-0
Brentford 3-0
Bodo glimt 3-0
Nottingham forest 5-0
Ffs mate give it up with the pointless stats. They mean nothing with out being qualified. :roll:
I was answering a question

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

beck wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:42 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
beck wrote:
Thynker wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:38 pm

22 attempts but only 4 on target :oops:

Bournemouth 3-0
Brentford 3-0
Bodo glimt 3-0
Nottingham forest 5-0
Ffs mate give it up with the pointless stats. They mean nothing with out being qualified. :roll:
Actually you were, so please accept my apologies mate. I jumped the gun there. :oops:

I just fucking hate stats! :lol: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:22 am
beck wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
beck wrote:
Thynker wrote:

Bournemouth 3-0
Brentford 3-0
Bodo glimt 3-0
Nottingham forest 5-0
Actually you were, so please accept my apologies mate. I jumped the gun there. :oops:

Apparently 3 out of 5 people do as well mate, so you are not alone! :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:09 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
beck wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
beck wrote:

Bournemouth 3-0
Brentford 3-0
Bodo glimt 3-0
Nottingham forest 5-0

Apparently 3 out of 5 people do as well mate, so you are not alone! :lol: :wink:
:lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
beck wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
beck wrote:

Bournemouth 3-0
Brentford 3-0
Bodo glimt 3-0
Nottingham forest 5-0

That’s 60% :wink:

We’ve completed 36.84 % of the season , so far, so good.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:34 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
beck wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

That’s 60% :wink:

We’ve completed 36.84 % of the season , so far, so good.
:lol:

Pair of bastardos. :wink: