Wolves wankstains A Sat 13th Nov KO 745pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Wolves wankstains A Sat 13th Nov KO 745pm

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:45 pm
Midz wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:41 pm
How about playing him further forward where he does now lessens the liability of him giving away a free kick in a dangerous area?
Personally, in one way it is a good move by the manager, taking him out of that more dangerous area where his mistakes set a PL record for the most goals caused by individual error. But then in another way, its a weak solution, which is surprising because Martinez-Lite has been commendably strong in dealing with Boomerang and Ozil. It would be far better to replace him with a top player, or even just a better player.

Too often he still slows our attacks down, which is infuriating when we consider that we have a core of young fit pacey aggressive players that excel at attacking at pace all around him.
Yes much better, he was totally exposed before with his lack of tackling ability and no pace

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:33 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:45 pm
Midz wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:41 pm
How about playing him further forward where he does now lessens the liability of him giving away a free kick in a dangerous area?
Personally, in one way it is a good move by the manager, taking him out of that more dangerous area where his mistakes set a PL record for the most goals caused by individual error. But then in another way, its a weak solution, which is surprising because Martinez-Lite has been commendably strong in dealing with Boomerang and Ozil. It would be far better to replace him with a top player, or even just a better player.

Too often he still slows our attacks down, which is infuriating when we consider that we have a core of young fit pacey aggressive players that excel at attacking at pace all around him.
Yes much better, he was totally exposed before with his lack of tackling ability and no pace
Could Mudryk play in that position ?
Or move Martinelli there, off the wing to accommodate Mudryk ?
Obviously assuming we sign him.

I concur that a better player in that position Xhaka is being played in - would get far more out of it, if they could take players on and create chances, which is not Xhaka’s strong POINT :wink:

Yes he is contributing playing there, with the odd goal but his all round game can be surpassed by replacing him

shu

Post by shu »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:32 am
Midz wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:20 pm
I know you all have this long term hatred for the pointy one but to be fair, he's been doing an excellent job of late...yes i know you hate him as we all did up until recently, but if you give him a little bit of credit (i know it hurts) he's been a good influence to say the least in recent matches and has even scored.
I don't agree. He's had a few games where he hasn't managed to fuck it up completely (but still tried to in a couple of them). The bar is set so low for this guy that any pass that finds its way to a team mate suddenly becomes the key pass in a move.

I've watched him so closely this season. He contributes little. From time to time he links the play effectively, but he is just as likely to piss the ball away straight after that. The Clive fans seem to ignore all these mistakes he is still making and just compliment him on the couple of good things he does per game. A goal or two? Minimal requirement fir a midfielder. A decent pass every now and again? Minimal requirement.

The myth of his "leadership" abilities is just that; a myth. Yelling in a hissy fit at half time while every one ignores him and then him shutting up and sitting there in a huff when the manager walks in is not leadership.

The reason he's called Clive is the real Clive did just that: all yap, little ability and no leadership ability at all.

I'd also like to make one thing very clear. I seperate my hatred of Lobotomy Clive the person, and my not rating him as a player. It's insulting to say I'm only critical of him because I dislike him. It's also not true.
The same Clive voted player of the month for the 2nd month , yes DB I get it and I agreed with you BUT (see what I did there :D ) I have cut him some slack , like I have with Arteta . Look at the end of the day I don’t like either it’s too deep but credit where’s it due .

We are 5pts clear at the top and ffs how great is that . :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

shu wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:11 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Midz wrote:
I know you all have this long term hatred for the pointy one but to be fair, he's been doing an excellent job of late...yes i know you hate him as we all did up until recently, but if you give him a little bit of credit (i know it hurts) he's been a good influence to say the least in recent matches and has even scored.
I don't agree. He's had a few games where he hasn't managed to fuck it up completely (but still tried to in a couple of them). The bar is set so low for this guy that any pass that finds its way to a team mate suddenly becomes the key pass in a move.

I've watched him so closely this season. He contributes little. From time to time he links the play effectively, but he is just as likely to piss the ball away straight after that. The Clive fans seem to ignore all these mistakes he is still making and just compliment him on the couple of good things he does per game. A goal or two? Minimal requirement fir a midfielder. A decent pass every now and again? Minimal requirement.

The myth of his "leadership" abilities is just that; a myth. Yelling in a hissy fit at half time while every one ignores him and then him shutting up and sitting there in a huff when the manager walks in is not leadership.

The reason he's called Clive is the real Clive did just that: all yap, little ability and no leadership ability at all.

I'd also like to make one thing very clear. I seperate my hatred of Lobotomy Clive the person, and my not rating him as a player. It's insulting to say I'm only critical of him because I dislike him. It's also not true.
The same Clive voted player of the month for the 2nd month , yes DB I get it and I agreed with you BUT (see what I did there :D ) I have cut him some slack , like I have with Arteta . Look at the end of the day I don’t like either it’s too deep but credit where’s it due .

Loving being 5 points clear mate. Hope it lasts. 8)

Getting player of the month means nothing though, shu. It's voted for by fans. Its a popularity contest. And tbh anyone that votes in a popularity contest is a fucking idiot. :lol: :wink:

Replacing Lobotomy Clive with a proper player would be the icing on the cake. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:35 pm
shu wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Midz wrote:

Getting player of the month means nothing though, shu. It's voted for by fans. Its a popularity contest. And tbh anyone that votes in a popularity contest is a fucking idiot. :lol: :wink:

Replacing Lobotomy Clive with a proper player would be the icing on the cake. 8)
But you voted for yourself in the last Vote on who was most popular Mod on here! :? :D :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:48 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
shu wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Midz wrote:

But you voted for yourself in the last Vote on who was most popular Mod on here! :? :D :wink:
:lol:

Yes, true. But OneBard, when I look at my "most popular Mod" coffee mug and t-shirt set, I feel it was all worth it. :mrgreen:

Also, I am a fucking idiot. :D

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Emile Smith Rowe's recovery from groin injury going well.

Expected to travel to Dubai and join full training towards end of trip.

Plan/hope is he will be match fit and firing by start of January.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:44 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
shu wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Yes, true. But OneBard, when I look at my "most popular Mod" coffee mug and t-shirt set, I feel it was all worth it. :mrgreen:

Yes mate we knew that so what's your point?

:D :wink:

Midz

Post by Midz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:07 pm
Emile Smith Rowe's recovery from groin injury going well.

Expected to travel to Dubai and join full training towards end of trip.

Plan/hope is he will be match fit and firing by start of January.
He'll be like a new signing. :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:23 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
shu wrote:

And there's my twin ^. Only a lot shorter. :D :wink:

shu

Post by shu »

DB10GOONER wrote:
shu wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Midz wrote:

And Shearer has today picked Xhaka in his team of the season so far . Are you Augie in disguise :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

shu wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:29 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
shu wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Midz wrote:

And Shearer has today picked Xhaka in his team of the season so far . Are you Augie in disguise :D

Nope, but I'm debating banning you for life for even suggesting anything that comes out of the fucking moron Shearer's mouth is even vaguely correct. The fact Shearer picked him would say to me he's utter shit! :lol: :wink: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:50 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:23 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

And there's my twin ^. Only Much MUCH Taller.. :D :wink:

No worries I'm here for you Bruv! :cheers: