ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Midz »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:56 am
Redarmy wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:43 am
Nos89 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:51 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:23 pm
Looks like he needs surgery...minimum 3 months out...struggle on to get top 4 now

why the fuck could it not be kane or son :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

He didnt sign a striker and put his faith in nekitah.......lets see if thats justified.... :roll:
Eddie stepped up when needed last season, and by all accounts he was leaving the club. He's had the odd 10-15 minutes in most games this season. Think ESR coming back is a huge bonus and can also play the same role as Jesus.
Cant see ESR playing same role as Jesus.....but yes ESR back is a real boost....moving Martinelli into the middle looks best option unless we sign a quality replacement
yes Nkeitah was leaving...and in my opinion they should have sold him and upgraded
Agree 100%... WestSham and another mid-table team (Wolves?) both offered 20Mill for Eddie the feather , we should have snapped their arm off before everyone realised just how average he actually is.
I would've taken the £15m Palace offered before that. Nice lad but fucking useless!

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Whenever I read some bs comment on the 'genius' of Arteta, I always think of Nketiah as an example of how full of shit these people are. I don't want to single out Nketiah but even beyond him, the club has had an attitude of keeping dead weight until the very end because they couldn't be arsed to find a replacement, Elneny is another one being kept for no reason. The way we are run it's amazing we come near top 4.

CollenG53

Post by CollenG53 »

BFG4 wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:21 am
Whenever I read some bs comment on the 'genius' of Arteta, I always think of Nketiah as an example of how full of shit these people are. I don't want to single out Nketiah but even beyond him, the club has had an attitude of keeping dead weight until the very end because they couldn't be arsed to find a replacement, Elneny is another one being kept for no reason. The way we are run it's amazing we come near top 4.
yeh i agree nketiah is a joke these days and with gabi out we need a legit presence from day 1 back in action or else we will lose all the good progress of martinelli and saka

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Can't really think of many players that have been outstanding in this world cup, that make me think that they would be a great addition to our squad. Maybe pushing the boundaries but Rashford looked very useful, as did Hakimi of PSG. None of the Spanish midfielders impressed me like Pedri did at the Euros. Got Bellingham and Rice that did well, the Moroccan goalie looks useful, but Turner didn't do much wrong for the USA and looked more than capable of becoming our number 1.
I'd still take a punt on Ivan Toney in January as soon as the window opens, but he's probably got a huge match ban coming up, so probably wouldn't be a financial risk the club would take.
I'd be very surprised if Arteta and Edu bought a player off the back of their world cup performance.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Arsenal priority for January window is Mykhaylo Mudryk. No agreements but conversations happening & 21yo Shakhtar Donetsk winger keen. Sources say deal can be done for lower than €100m public valuation
➕ Latest of future of many others
@TheAthleticFC

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Is balogan (sp?) Worth bringing back :rubchin:

Midz

Post by Midz »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:37 pm
Is balogan (sp?) Worth bringing back :rubchin:
He's been doing very well on loan. He showed promising signs in the couple of matches that were televised last year or the year before (i forget).
I'm still undecided on him so i'd leave him where he is for now and see at the end of the season.
If we brought him back it might prevent us buying someone which i'd rather we do.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I’m told we’ve made a bid for Richarlison.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:46 am
Source/s Bobby ?

I Really Do not want that Cun.t anywhere near Arsenal....

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Bit early to be drinking :lol:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:17 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Source/s Bobby ?

I Really Do not want that Cun.t anywhere near Arsenal....
obg, hes a scum player as if there is an truth i this!

oh and its ITK bobby whats his record on his scoops 0/100 so far?! no offence bobby!

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I hope to God we don't waste money on Gakpo. He's 'Pepe 2' no doubt. Incredibly overrated player, has looked absolutely shit at the world cup.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Honestly I think we'll nose dive in the new year if we don't sign a striker at least. The positivity police on here can call that negative or whatever the fuck they like, but Jesus was key in keeping a lot of the teams we beat on the back foot. People complained he didn't score enough and, while true, that ignores his work rate and aggression on the pitch which created opportunities for others to score.

Eddie the Feather is a Championship striker, and cannot fill that Jesus role.

We need a major signing in January or all the good work so far done will be undone.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:16 pm
Honestly I think we'll nose dive in the new year if we don't sign a striker at least. The positivity police on here can call that negative or whatever the fuck they like, but Jesus was key in keeping a lot of the teams we beat on the back foot. People complained he didn't score enough and, while true, that ignores his work rate and aggression on the pitch which created opportunities for others to score.

We need a major signing in January or all the good work so far done will be undone.
Agreed 100 per cent and one reason I'm apprehensive about the next part of the pl, I was hoping ESR would be fut as he is great going forward and scores goals, unfortunately he doesn't seem fit yet.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:49 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:16 pm

Agreed 100 per cent and one reason I'm apprehensive about the next part of the pl, I was hoping ESR would be fut as he is great going forward and scores goals, unfortunately he doesn't seem fit yet.
It's a shame because ESR would be great in there running at defenders and I've always liked the idea of him being central, maybe even as a proper old style number 10. Because he's out injured so much we tend to forget just what a superb player he is.