FA Cup 3rd Round

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

FA Cup 3rd Round

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal have been drawn away to Oxford United in the FA Cup 3rd Round.

The tie will be played across the weekend of Saturday 7th January 2023.

Midz

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round

Post by Midz »

That's a good draw for us. Again I had to smile at City v Chelsea :D :D :D :D

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Just opens it up for the scum, fa doing all they can for them, knocked out of league cup throwing them a bone in this, the number of all prem ties is a clear fix.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

nice little trip to Oxford, brings back a few memories :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:04 am
nice little trip to Oxford, brings back a few memories :D
Ohhh! God ! Yes! I so miss those Dreaming Spires and the Lectures on Nuclear Fusion, Philosophical injustices within the Classics and of course How To Spy for the Ruskies..... sigh. :cry:

:D :wink:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I smell a double is on the cards...

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:14 am
I smell a double is on the cards...
:high5: Riiiight Onnn Dude! :high5:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Good to see nobody's getting carried away just yet. :)

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

I remember going to the old Manor Ground, not the Gooner Woolwich stadium LOL! :barscarf:

What a shitehole, night game 86-87 season we lost 0-1 FFS! :banghead: Away fans in a cage by the corner.
Have we actually played Oxford in a competitive game at their new ground? :rubchin:

Supposedly MG was the 2nd worst away ground most had been to, Cambridge was usually placed 1st, by Spammers & Chavs Nazi's that had been there. I don't remember playing up there but I could be wrong?

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I remember going to the manor ground in 84 for a league cup game I think it was. A mistake from Pat Jennings gifted them the tie after we'd fought back from being behind, shithole, but not as bad as Shrewsbury or Notts County!!

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:41 pm
I remember going to the old Manor Ground, not the Gooner Woolwich stadium LOL! :barscarf:

What a shitehole, night game 86-87 season we lost 0-1 FFS! :banghead: Away fans in a cage by the corner.
Have we actually played Oxford in a competitive game at their new ground? :rubchin:

Supposedly MG was the 2nd worst away ground most had been to, Cambridge was usually placed 1st, by Spammers & Chavs Nazi's that had been there. I don't remember playing up there but I could be wrong?
I’ve been to Cambridge once, but not Arsenal related,

Worse ground in my opinion was Colchester’s old Layer Road - now replaced by a nice shiny modern ground just off the A12.

the playing mantis

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:02 pm

Worse ground in my opinion was Colchester’s old Layer Road - now replaced by a nice shiny modern ground just off the A12.
Turn it up stu!

The new colu ground is sanitised crap. Layer Road was immense, falling down, tight, intimidating, the vikings in the crowd, all helped by the day release from severalls mental hospital being allowed out for a treat to watch the mighty U's!

Had more fun watching the crowd as a kid than the games even when Lua Lua was tearing it up!

Portman Road is interesting especially after dark! Ha ha

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

the playing mantis wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:21 am
Stuart L (2) wrote:

Turn it up stu!

The new colu ground is sanitised crap. Layer Road was immense, falling down, tight, intimidating, the vikings in the crowd, all helped by the day release from severalls mental hospital being allowed out for a treat to watch the mighty U's!

Had more fun watching the crowd as a kid than the games even when Lua Lua was tearing it up!

Lol I used to watch Southend regularly when as a kid I lived 8 miles away, so MAY, have a little bias creeping in.

I actually quite like Portman Road, not changed too much over the years

the playing mantis

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:43 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:21 am
Stuart L (2) wrote:

Turn it up stu!

Lol I used to watch Southend regularly when as a kid I lived 8 miles away, so MAY, have a little bias creeping in.

I actually quite like Portman Road, not changed too much over the years
U's will be with you in the conference next season with their useless owner!

Portman Road is old school big club ground. Haven't been since well before the Beats statue was unveiled...will have to go back and see it and see if the local lorry drivers have made a visible dent in the thriving after dark trade! Too much?!