ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Redarmy »

From todays Daily Star:

Silent Stan, as he is otherwise known by supporters, has topped Forbes' 2022 sports rich list with a colossal net worth of £8.8billion.

You would think with that money he would buy himself a better syrup

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:05 pm
From todays Daily Star:

Silent Stan, as he is otherwise known by supporters, has topped Forbes' 2022 sports rich list with a colossal net worth of £8.8billion.

Unpopular opinion. But the Kroenke's are starting to show themselves to be decent owners. Especially since the full takeover money has been made available, even if it wasnt always spent right.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Arsenal have already made a second offer to Shakhtar for Mykhalo Mudryk, all parties are confident of getting a deal done. Arteta personally called Mudryk to discuss the move [Via - @Santi_J_FM].

Midz

Post by Midz »

Have we bought anyone yet?

C'mon, the window is open now. What happened to this 'Arsenal want to get transfer business done early'?

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Midz wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:09 pm

C'mon, the window is open now. What happened to this 'Arsenal want to get transfer business done early'?
Surely it has been open for a while or how did Liverpool manage to sign Gakpo?

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:44 pm
Midz wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:09 pm

Surely it has been open for a while or how did Liverpool manage to sign Gakpo?
You can do the deal and sign any player at any time they just can't join their new club until the window is officially open. Free agents being the only exception.

We've been negotiating for Mudryk the last couple of weeks and the window only opened today in reality.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

We absolutely have to get this window spot on. Can't go too big, can't go too small. If we get Mudryk and a DM as cover then that will be a perfect window. As long as the players coming in realise they're not going to go straight into the first team.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Let’s rub the scum noses in the dirt and announce Mudryk tomorrow 🥂🍾

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

For me Mudryk is a luxury player we dont necessarily need, i'd still much prefer we strengthened midfield, bought a striker and potentially another CB, i'm not convinced on Gabriel and Holding is barely a squad player :rubchin:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:10 am
For me Mudryk is a luxury player we dont necessarily need, i'd still much prefer we strengthened midfield, bought a striker and potentially another CB, i'm not convinced on Gabriel and Holding is barely a squad player :rubchin:
agreed

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:21 am
Redarmy wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:05 pm
From todays Daily Star:

Unpopular opinion. But the Kroenke's are starting to show themselves to be decent owners. Especially since the full takeover money has been made available, even if it wasnt always spent right.
Just a factual statement of his wealth...which as owner of the club i support is interesting

As for the different discussion on spending for new players they seem to be backing Arteta and the club...which is positive

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Rumours everywhere that the deal for Mudryk has been agreed. Don't know any of the details, but I hope so! Also offer made for Felix; not sure if I would want him.

But if we can get Mudryk AND a CB/DMF.

We fucked up last season by not replacing aubamcunto, but we do need someone other than Eddie and if we can get someone to nudge Clive onto the bench that would be a BIG plus!

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:27 am
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:10 am
agreed
I disagree, Gabi and Saka are key to our success and we have little back up. The wide men bring plenty of goals in our system and Mudryk eould bring plenty of goals and assists. We are at bare bones on the bench up front , it would be a statement signing and easily get our money back if he moves on.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:52 pm
We absolutely have to get this window spot on. Can't go too big, can't go too small. If we get Mudryk and a DM as cover then that will be a perfect window. As long as the players coming in realise they're not going to go straight into the first team.
Arteta has said he will only buy players who can go straight in the first team ability wise which is the correct rote for me.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🗞️| #Arsenal have made an improved offer for Mykhaylo Mudryk. Shakhtar set their asking price at £85m but are aware Arsenal are unlikely to go that high and are weighing up their next move. Chelsea has interest, but Mudryk has his heart set on Arsenal, reports @FabrizioRomano

Shakhtar are considering Arsenal's second offer for Mudryk.

It's still way off their very public valuation, but Arsenal have improved their offer for the winger.