Fa Cup 3rd Round Oxford Utd A Mon 9th Jan KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: Fa Cup 3rd Round Oxford Utd A Mon 9th Jan KO 8pm

Post by Gunner Rob »

The main problem for me is that the matches are too fragmented now to take any interest in.
When the matches were just played at 3pm on Saturdays you knew where you were and could take an interest in all of the matches.
To take an interest in all matches now you would take up your whole weekend.

And so a big upset like Stevenage beating Villa barely registers because it was hidden away on a Sunday afternoon when most people wouldn’t even be aware of the match taking place!

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Television rules Rob.
BBC and ITV clinging to the coat tails of Sky and BT doing all they can to wring as much out of their investment as possible.
My football interest now concerns purely Arsenal , a few years ago I would have a decent knowledge of other teams squads but not now . Even MOTD I watch our 15 minutes and often turn the rest off.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Play a reserve side & won't matter as much if we get beat. No one seemed to care when we got thumped by Brighton in the League Cup !. Play regular side & we'll win easy. :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:29 am
Television rules Rob.
BBC and ITV clinging to the coat tails of Sky and BT doing all they can to wring as much out of their investment as possible.
My football interest now concerns purely Arsenal , a few years ago I would have a decent knowledge of other teams squads but not now . Even MOTD I watch our 15 minutes and often turn the rest off.
Ditto.

I only watch other games / teams if we are either due to play them, so I check them out or if their position in any way threatens ours.

The punditry from 99% of the games is woeful they are either making inflammatory comments to try and get a rise out of our manager or Gooners, or they are slagging us off in some other fashion.

The Media HATE the Fact that we are doing so well, as someone said there has always been an Anti-Arsenal bias in and by the Media...

FuckTheCUNTS

We ARE "THE" Arsenal and We Do Not Give a FUCK! :box:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

ps: It is no coincidence that our game is isolated from the other FA Cup Games... WE have the NLD next week-end and the SCUMMYFILTH have an extra 2 days to prepare for that..

Corruption at every level in every corner of the FA/Prem...

NickF98

Post by NickF98 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:46 am
When the matches were just played at 3pm on Saturdays you knew where you were and could take an interest in all of the matches.
That hasn't happened for probably 20+ years now. Time to move on from the Saturday 3pm thing :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

NickF98 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:51 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:46 am
That hasn't happened for probably 20+ years now. Time to move on from the Saturday 3pm thing :D

:tickedoff: :meeeow: :wettrout: :wink:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Can’t risk too many first teamer’s with the games coming up. I couldn’t care less about Cedric possibly leaving, we need him to play tonight. My team would be:
………………….Turner…………………….
Cedric…….Holding…..Tomi……Tierney
Vieira….El Neny…..Xhaka.... Sambi….ESR
......………..Marquinhos.

If the attitude is right, that should be more than enough to beat Oxford

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:03 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:29 am
Television rules Rob.
Ditto.

I only watch other games / teams if we are either due to play them, so I check them out or if their position in any way threatens ours.

The punditry from 99% of the games is woeful they are either making inflammatory comments to try and get a rise out of our manager or Gooners, or they are slagging us off in some other fashion.

The Media HATE the Fact that we are doing so well, as someone said there has always been an Anti-Arsenal bias in and by the Media...

FuckTheCUNTS

We ARE "THE" Arsenal and We Do Not Give a FUCK! :box:
you Tell em OBG :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:25 pm
Can’t risk too many first teamer’s with the games coming up. I couldn’t care less about Cedric possibly leaving, we need him to play tonight. My team would be:
………………….Turner…………………….
Cedric…….Holding…..Tomi……Tierney
Vieira….El Neny…..Xhaka.... Sambi….ESR
......………..Marquinhos.

If the attitude is right, that should be more than enough to beat Oxford
looks about right...maybe give Nekitah some time as well....

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Saka ,Martinelli and Eddie all start tonight ESR on the bench

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Nketiah starting I get, but Saka, Gabriel and Martinelli? Against Oxford FFS! Risky decision. Hope it doesn’t backfire!

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Crazy decision tbh. Spuds away is a tough tough game we don't usually do well in. I don't really see the sense in playing Saka and Martinelli, probably our two most important players against them. Let's hope we go 2 or 3 goals up quickly and he takes them off.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

and another thing, unless he's planning to play pretty much the first team against City in the next round.......it's definitely not worth risking Saka and Gaby!!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SourceBBC:
Team

30 Turner
18 Tomiyasu
16 Holding
6 Gabriel
3 Tierney
21 Fábio Vieira
25 Elneny