ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
the playing mantis

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by the playing mantis »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:25 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:37 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:35 pm
Exclusive: Arsenal are interested in Raphinha from Barca. Exploratory contacts in the last few hours to understand the possible feasibility of the negotiation, still without any offer. (@Glongari)
Too late, McDowell beat you to it, posting 20 mins ago :lol: :lol:
I'm in Ireland ,so there's a time difference
yeah about 30 years!

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:26 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
Exclusive: Arsenal are interested in Raphinha from Barca. Exploratory contacts in the last few hours to understand the possible feasibility of the negotiation, still without any offer. (@Glongari)
yeah about 30 years!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:26 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
yeah about 30 years!
Fucking racist cùnt. :censored:

Sorry, rapist... fucking rapist cùnt. :lol: :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Ah chaps

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Can't say i'm surprised by this development and in all honesty i'm not that bothered, he was never a priority for me in terms of what we need, DM and CF/Striker and another CB before a winger/wing forward in my opinion :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

For me, it's just a bit odd that he was bigging up the currently high flying Arsenal and ended up going to the hilarious shitshow that is the chav, soon to be managerless when the English Martin O'Neil gets the flick. They must have offered him way over the top personal terms, so fuck him.

My priority is a proper 20+ PL goals per season striker, a top CH, and an inanimate carbon rod or fucking anything really to replace Lobotomy Clive.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Not gonna lie, proper pissed off at how this all panned out. The way the player twerked so hard for Arsenal but gave Chelski the encouragement they needed to mount a bid isn’t lost on me. If he said no I only want Arsenal they would have backed down.

And again this falls on the doorstep of the Kroenkes. What do they want out of Arsenal football club, a top 4 side or a team that can challenge for top trophies. If it is the latter they need to stop dithering and having protracted transfer sagas, because this will become the norm for recruitment, we will get hijacked time and time again.

So now we are linked with Raphina, fuck that I would rather give ESR the backing he deserves now he’s approaching match fitness again and go all out for a top draw DM.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I know we've been down this road so many times before and missed out on players but I'm suspicious of this one because absolutely no noise came from anyone at our end and all we've done is put a few bids in. The Twitter world made it seem that we were placing bids every few hours and in desperation. People at the club must have known a week ago that this wasn't going anywhere and that Shaktah are a bunch of fucking cowboys. Did we really chase this bloke for months only to not get him? Did we really get so close to signing him and then not get a deal in place that they wouldn't listen to other offers? No, I don't believe any of it. We put a few bids in and they weren't accepted. End of story. It's not the drama that it's made out to be. It really isn't.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Lets move on , ESR is back now , we really do need a back up to Partey top priority but we need cover for Saka as well.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

The wider issue is that the market is now distorted. When Mudryk was for sale Shakhtar pointed to the Antony and Grealish deals. So when Mudryk goes for £100m that sets the bar for any other top prospect we take a shine to.

As they say, the game’s gone!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

THe fucker just interested in money....no champions league for him.....big gamble for chavs....got big doubts about him....has loads of pace....but on the other hand so did a bloke called Theo Walcott

Hope hes shite

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:23 am
THe fucker just interested in money....no champions league for him.....big gamble for chavs....got big doubts about him....has loads of pace....but on the other hand so did a bloke called Theo Walcott

Hope hes shite
I was raging yesterday until rodders jogged my memory about Thomas Lemar.

Get ESR fit and we'll be fine in the attacking department.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

One other thought. The reason Chelsea are handing out 7 year contracts is to circumnavigate FFP. Basically if you sign a player for £70m on a 7 year contract you amortise his fee over that period at £10m per year. If it was a 4 year contract it would be £17.5m per year. We can all see what Chelsea are up to. If Mudryk was to say no I don’t want 7 years I just want 4 or 5 then their dastardly plan comes away at the seams. I just don’t get why a player would want a 7 year contract. He’s effectively enslaved to them.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:42 am
One other thought. The reason Chelsea are handing out 7 year contracts is to circumnavigate FFP. Basically if you sign a player for £70m on a 7 year contract you amortise his fee over that period at £10m per year. If it was a 4 year contract it would be £17.5m per year. We can all see what Chelsea are up to. If Mudryk was to say no I don’t want 7 years I just want 4 or 5 then their dastardly plan comes away at the seams. I just don’t get why a player would want a 7 year contract. He’s effectively enslaved to them.
enslaved for 7 years on +£300K a week..... :D

we used to have them hanging on, and end up paying them off just to get rid of them

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:53 am

enslaved for 7 years on +£300K a week..... :D

we used to have them hanging on, and end up paying them off just to get rid of them
Yep this Boehly c@nt is basically trying to sign all the highest rated youth and put them on 7 Yr deals, to avoid FFP not exactly a complex plan.

Problem is if they don't kick on you're stuck with a player on 200k a week for 5+ yrs and paying them off with cost you a fortune, not many clubs will match those wages, especially if they are duds/average.

Also surely if they sign players in the same position would the player not think fvck that?, it will certainly attract young mercenaries.

It could work, it could cripple them, one thing for sure - Chelsea must be about the most hated club in the world by neutrals, odious little pimped up no history fvckers.

Hopefully those useless UEFA cvnts get annoyed with their doping and they get banned and start losing huge money and go into admin again.