ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
shu

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by shu »

:shock:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:00 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:30 pm
It was Chelsea that actually matched OUR price for Mudryk. The structure of the payments and addons was the major difference. Chelsea's proposals considered preferable.

We offered the player £50k nett per week which he was happy with but the Chavs offered double.

€25m donated to the Ukranian war effort being made by Shakhtar, was not part of the actual deal but why they wouldn't budge on price.

Source: The Chief Exec of Shakhtar via The Athletic. The interview is available on YouTube.

So those slating Edu and calling the club out for penny pinching take note. :oops: :lol:
Thanks for that Clummo, good to know. :cheers:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

shu wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:15 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:00 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:30 pm
It was Chelsea that actually matched OUR price for Mudryk. The structure of the payments and addons was the major difference. Chelsea's proposals considered preferable.

We offered the player £50k nett per week which he was happy with but the Chavs offered double.

€25m donated to the Ukranian war effort being made by Shakhtar, was not part of the actual deal but why they wouldn't budge on price.

Source: The Chief Exec of Shakhtar via The Athletic. The interview is available on YouTube.

So those slating Edu and calling the club out for penny pinching take note. :oops: :lol:
Thanks for that Clummo, good to know. :cheers:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

#FulhamFC are in talks with Cedric Soares over personal terms. #ArsenalFC gave the player permission to speak to them. More on @SkySportsNews and here: skysports.com/transfer-centre #FFC

Midz

Post by Midz »

17th January and still no signings. :shock:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... .%E2%80%9D

"Mikel Arteta wants Arsenal to make January signings as quickly as possible"

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

What I don't understand is what's to stop the club doing all the leg work in December or November and then just the final bits in January?

We could ha e agreed all thw fees then and all January means is the player can actually move.

Anyone enlighten me why clubs dont/can't do that?

wibble

Post by wibble »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:44 pm

Declan Rice is a definite yes from me. One of those players that I don't think you appreciate unless he plays for your own team.
Declan Rice? Don’t appreciate him. Oh wait, looks like I just proved your point!
I actually reckon he would be a good addition to our squad but not at the sort of price West Ham would be looking for. I wouldn’t mind tielemans as a cheapish option given his contract is up in the summer, although not sure if he could play in europa for us or not, given he’s played in Europe already this season (no idea if that’s still a rule or not?)

Midz

Post by Midz »

Declan Rice would be a good addition. Even better if he came onboard now rather than in the summer.

Does he really want to fight in a relegation battle for the rest of the season when he could be playing for us?

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Midz wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:13 pm
Declan Rice would be a good addition. Even better if he came onboard now rather than in the summer.

Does he really want to fight in a relegation battle for the rest of the season when he could be playing for us?
True Midz, but they're not going to sell a key player when they're in that very relegation fight.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

wibble wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:53 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:44 pm

Declan Rice is a definite yes from me. One of those players that I don't think you appreciate unless he plays for your own team.
Declan Rice? Don’t appreciate him. Oh wait, looks like I just proved your point!
I actually reckon he would be a good addition to our squad but not at the sort of price West Ham would be looking for. I wouldn’t mind tielemans as a cheapish option given his contract is up in the summer, although not sure if he could play in europa for us or not, given he’s played in Europe already this season (no idea if that’s still a rule or not?)
I agree. I've never bought into the media's hype over Rice and I think a lot of it is because he's English. I don't think he's as good as everyone makes out, but I'd happily take him if it was Xhaka he'd be replacing. Mind you, not at the daft figure of 100 millon or the like that's being touted.

Even in these mad times of ridiculous transfer figures, I think 40-50 million is more than enough for Rice. I saw better centre mids at the World Cup that I'm sure we could pick up for less.

Also agree about Tielemans if we could get him at a reasonable price.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Not a dicky bird from Mudryk since his Chelsea transfer on Social Media. Quite weird considering how active he was prior to the move, engaging with Arsenal fans.

Part of me thinks he's been made a pawn in a big political stunt by Shakthar to provide funds for their war effort, Chelski effectively paid that premium, and that's why the fee ended up being so eye-watering.

I recogn he's gonna get a lot of shit from us in April when we play them, and quite rightly too. Would be great to condemn them to a season outside of European competition. They are proper taking the piss with Financial Fair Play at the moment.

the playing mantis

Rather more concerning is it seems we clealry have no plan b and have 0 interest in a dm or striker...I'm staggered we are leaving ourselves short in January again especially given the unique opportunity we have this season. We didnt learn last season and I just see history repeating itself. Especially having to play the Europe too. 0 plan b for mudryk let alone a dm is crazy. Don't blame the kroenkes money is there.

I don't for one minute belive raphina was plan b, despite struggling so far he ai t gonna leave barca after half a season.

Please not trossard as he's not good enough but Zaha could fill a wide and fed role and would be cheap.

the playing mantis

Too add. The rice in the summer stories have been conveniently timed to distract from the implementation lack of Jan signings... as much as I hop eI'm wrong I think we will regret it massively.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Fulham FC are closing in on an agreement to sign Cédric Soares. Reports, Simon Jones of @MailSport.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

the playing mantis wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:25 am
Rather more concerning is it seems we clealry have no plan b and have 0 interest in a dm or striker...I'm staggered we are leaving ourselves short in January again especially given the unique opportunity we have this season. We didnt learn last season and I just see history repeating itself. Especially having to play the Europe too. 0 plan b for mudryk let alone a dm is crazy. Don't blame the kroenkes money is there.

I don't for one minute belive raphina was plan b, despite struggling so far he ai t gonna leave barca after half a season.

Please not trossard as he's not good enough but Zaha could fill a wide and fed role and would be cheap.
Brighton got a couple of terrific midfield players...Caciendos and McAllister....but yes would not go for Trossard....or Vlahovic from Juventus for that matter

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Edu is absolutely terrible at his job. He seems to identify one or two targets and when we don't get those players, he has no alternative lined up. Mudryk falling through should provide the opportunity to spend 95 million elsewhere but instead I'm seeing rumours of summer signings. Who gives a fuck about the summer when we are in a title race right now. When our title challenge falls apart it will be due to no squad depth but I shouldn't expect any different from the club.