New stadium wrap

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: New stadium wrap

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:12 pm
Fucks sake. They took a great idea and fucked it just to look pc. Why the fuck are the women's team on the mens stadium ffs? Fuck off. Build your own stadium. Finance your own game you sponging entitled cùnts. :roll: :censored:

It looks great in places but is ultimately ruined by the pc bollocks of including women that play at a standard lower than your average boys under 15s team. :roll:

Also, why isn't the "1886" in proper Olde English Gothic font?

Arseholes. :censored:

:lol: :lol:

I like that you've become an even more miserable c.unt than I am. I sometimes think that there's something wrong with me, but you've developed your miserable cuntiness so wonderfully, that I don't feel so bad. From now on, I shall refer to you as my therapist. :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:27 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:30 am
Off topic i know but why is it the women think they can constantly invade mens spaces and tell us how we have to include them however when i walk into the ladies loo for a piss all hell breaks loose :rubchin:

Do you put the seat back down? :D
:lol: :lol: Very good.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:13 pm
When is the club gonna get rid of the cartoon club badge that replaced our classic old Arsenal badge? :barscarf:

Where is George Grahams tribute? :barscarf:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 002%29.svg

https://www.nicepng.com/ourpic/u2q8r5r5 ... l-arsenal/
Agree 100%. I've been banging on about this for years and was thinking only recently that as the old board and the clown Wenger have gone, we should revert to the proper old style badge. I know there were copyright/trademark issues, but there's no reason we cant design and protect a more traditional crest. I fucking hate the Disney badge and it breaks my heart when I look at it. Another toxic legacy of the Old Fraud. Detest the :censored: .

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:22 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fucks sake. They took a great idea and fucked it just to look pc. Why the fuck are the women's team on the mens stadium ffs? Fuck off. Build your own stadium. Finance your own game you sponging entitled cùnts. :roll: :censored:

It looks great in places but is ultimately ruined by the pc bollocks of including women that play at a standard lower than your average boys under 15s team. :roll:

I like that you've become an even more miserable c.unt than I am. I sometimes think that there's something wrong with me, but you've developed your miserable cuntiness so wonderfully, that I don't feel so bad. From now on, I shall refer to you as my rapist. :lol:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

We all know DB's other monicker is Uncle Dirty Bastard" but FFS mate that's a tad strong!

:D :wink: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

I like that you've become an even more miserable c.unt than I am. I sometimes think that there's something wrong with me, but you've developed your miserable cuntiness so wonderfully, that I don't feel so bad. From now on, I shall refer to you as my therapist. :lol:
Why thank you kind sir. :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:56 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

I like that you've become an even more miserable c.unt than I am. I sometimes think that there's something wrong with me, but you've developed your miserable cuntiness so wonderfully, that I don't feel so bad. From now on, I shall refer to you as my rapist. :lol:

We all know DB's other monicker is Uncle Dirty Bastard" but FFS mate that's a tad strong!

He will be getting a "visit" from Uncle Old Dirty Bastard. :mrgreen: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:50 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Does that mean you'll be 'Knocking on the back door?" :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:02 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Ooh matron.... :shock:

I'll be smashing it in. :lol: :wink:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:49 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Those of us with the Victor Meldrew gene must stick together. Where would the world be without the harsh shot of miserable realism that we insightful few must regularly deliver?

It’s why I like this place...loads of cynical, miserable bastards on here. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:37 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:49 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Those of us with the Victor Meldrew gene must stick together. Where would the world be without the harsh shot of miserable realism that we insightful few must regularly deliver?

It’s why I like this place...loads of cynical, miserable bastards on here. :lol:
:lol:

I like the term "realists". But am also fine with "cynical, miserable bastards". :lol: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

So! now we know what Retro looks like:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:33 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Aaaaaaah! The Broken Cat Flap approach huh!? :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:39 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:33 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Aaaaaaah! The Broken Cat Flap approach huh!? :D
It'll be off its fucking hinges when I get done with it. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:03 am
Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:24 pm
Not a massive fan apart from the East Stand and 2 Cannon ones. The rest look quite cheap.

Would have preferred electronic screens with the updated version of old stadium wraps, and intermittent updates with the new wraps.

Also I know we can't ignore that our women's team is the most successful women's team, but it's a bit OTT. Again if it was electronic, they could have changed one or multiple to show that on the occasions they plat their games at the stadium.

Opportunity missed unfortunately! :(
Not having a dig at you personally here mate, but I don't see why we can't ignore the women's team? We've ignored the kids teams on it and they all play at a higher standard than any women's team.

If the women want equality they should start their own game, finance it themselves, build their own stadia, and earn it. All they've done is leech off the men's game. I find it sickening.
Not at all mate 8) Probably more down to my phrasing!

It's more down to the fact we can't get away from it being shoved down our throats nowadays, but Arsenal are in a position that we invested alot more time and effort in the Women's team in the past than the majority of these band waggoners now, and were pushing the promotion of (and winning) the women's game alot more back in the day.

I still remember the Michael Watson Benefit at aprett packed Highbury where the women played against Doncaster Belles, was a good aperitif for the Legends game where we beat the Spuds!