Media darling cheating Manc filth H Sun 22nd Jan KO 430PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Media darling cheating Manc filth H Sun 22nd Jan KO 430PM

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arteta Post Game Interview on BBC Sport:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/64297451

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

I don't know why but for some reason I let out a very feminine squeal when the 3rd went in.

After hearing it my Mrs looked through the door in disbelief with hint of disgust :lol:

Midz

Post by Midz »

That was fucking awesome!!!

We beat the Manc scum
We beat their cheating
We beat the VAR

We were brilliant today Saka, Zinchenko, Eddie all top top class so was everyone else. Fans great too.

What a fabulous day.

shu

Post by shu »

shu wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:55 pm
Proper Arsenal v Man Utd game :D :D
3-2 come on
Never in doubt , brilliant , 6pts from two big games !!

With several players and Arteta proving us wrong 50/57 pts

Have a great evening and Monday morning Gooner’s

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Zinchenko

“When I arrived I told the lads, we won’t think about the top 3 of whatever, we go for the title. Some of them started laughing but now they start to believe”

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

We’ve beat Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham x2 and Man Utd this season, so far. We should be incredibly proud of what we’ve done so far, and we must continue to build in this momentum.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

3 Minute Highlights.... ENJOY Peeeeeps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yghhraxdaKA

:corkbarry:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Eddie, cometh the hour cometh the man.

Sublime run for the first goal, this guy has Ian Wright's DNA written all over him. And to have that poachers instinct to stab home the 3rd and prove the pre-restart doubters wrong is so satisfying.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Fantastic match and performance. Eddie motm for me as he's improved his work rate. Two top quality goalscorer goals. He's beginning to show the qualities he had as an u-18 player. Will Jesus be able to walk straight into the team when fit?

A good win, pulls us clear of title challenging Man Utd. Five points clear of city with a game in hand. Only 19 games to go!!!

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Fuckin lovely. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I don't know if anyone else heard a caller on Radio 5 live say there is a conspiracy that Arsenal are top of the league with a PE teacher as a coach, players who have been useless for 10-15 years, that there is no way Troussad deal was done before midday on Friday to be ready to play. It was an incredulous call by a united supporter.
Thought it was someone from AFTV

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I only recently got the stomach to watch all or nothing, that week away to the scum and Newcastle was so fucking horrific that I wasn’t ready to relive it when it first came out, I needed to give it a bit more time.

Comparing it to where we are now really hammered home how ruthless the club were during the end of season review. Injuries to Partey, Tomi but especially Tierney completely derailed us during that run in. Xhaka, Cedric and Tavares all had a go at left back to try and plug the hole but we suffered really badly back there.

For whatever reason we still haven’t managed to sort the Partey back up issue (pray he stays fit FFS) but with Tierney’s injury record proving this wasn’t a one off the club pivoted away from him and brought Zinchenko in. Ben White it was decided would relegate Tomi to the bench at RB and how those two decisions have paid massive dividends this season.

Which then got me thinking about the recent pursuit of Mudryk. No way were we gonna spend 80m+ on a sub and I wondered was that another sign of the club being ruthless again? As I said in match thread there’s a gulf developing between Saka and Martinelli this season, when Saka’s driving at a defence you just feel something’s about to happen - a goal or assist, he absolutely terrorises defences, you just don’t get that feeling on the opposite side of the pitch.

It’s probably unfair to compare anyone to Saka because he is a genuine world class player that would walk into any other side in world football but too ofen Martinelli’s runs blindly go nowhere and a lot of his final balls are a bit hit and hope that a lot of the time just hits the first defender.

Missing out on Mudryk and instead getting Trossard probably won’t relegate Martinelli to the bench (initially anyway) but it will mean that unlike the Newcastle game (when he was poor) where he stayed on the pitch for the full 90 mins due to having fuck all options on the bench, he’ll know find himself being hooked a lot more - as he was today - if he’s not reaching the required levels.

Ruthless.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:44 pm
I don't know if anyone else heard a caller on Radio 5 live say there is a conspiracy that Arsenal are top of the league with a PE teacher as a coach, players who have been useless for 10-15 years, that there is no way Troussad deal was done before midday on Friday to be ready to play. It was an incredulous call by a united supporter.
Thought it was someone from AFTV
Just goes to prove how utter fucking shit the rest of them must be. Fucking hell, there are some fucking idiots out there. I fucking love it when we're doing well and pissing people off. Bloody lovely.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Gary Neville is like mystic Meg with his predictions :roll:

After 10 games - "Spurs are certainties for top 4 but I'm still unsure about Arsenal".

Last week - "City will win the league and United will finish 2nd"

This week - "Arsenal won't win the league"

The cùnt makes Jamie Redknapp look knowledgeable about football. Glad him and the old cùnt Tyler had to sit through a last minute winner for us, must have sickened both of them.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Lovely football, we didn’t crack under pressure. I liked that we conceded first, allowed us to gauge how the team performs when it’s crunch time and what a response.

Glad the cünt didn’t get any dodgy penalty or goal decisions although Bruno Fernandes the rat tried to get himself a dodgy pen.

If we can top this week by beating City, what an amazing January will be. Either way, Friday will be a good game. Not too upset if we go out.