Pimped Mancs A Fa Cup 4th Round Fri 27th Jan KO 8pm ITV

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
cameron326

Re: Pimped Manc Arseholes A Fa Cup 4th Round Fri 27th Jan KO 8pm ITV

Post by cameron326 »

Play a fairly strong team, but rest 3 or 4 - Saka, Zinchenko, Partey, perhaps even Nketiah. I don’t think either team will read too much into the result, and if we were to win you'd fully expect Man City to go straight back to winning ways in the PL, so the same must be true for us.

We have a tricky half dozen games between match approx 29-35, beginning away at Anfield. I’m confident we will have built up a 12+ point gap at the top by then though - I can see them dropping loads of points in their next ten or so fixtures. Anyway, no point reading too much into Friday. it’s just a cup game beteeen two teams with bigger fish to fry.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

goonertux wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:02 pm
Ideal game to watch in the boozer! If we win, then it’s a bonus and a nice piss-up. If we lose, which may well happen against Corruption City, then it’s a few less games on our march to the title, and a nice piss-up.
Win/Win situation!
Really don’t know how I feel….

Want to win, but don’t want us overloaded with games which leads to injury’s and derails our title charge.

Que sera, sera.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Paul Tierney is the ref for this game

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Oh! Well. If we weren't fucked (FUBB) before we certainly are now.

Tierney is the dodgyCUNT that reffed our only loss of the season against the redMancSCUM - When he disallowed Martinelli's perfectly good Goal, after Erickson had hit the dirt faster than someone having a coronary.

FFS He was born in Wigan; a 45 minute drive from Manchester so no bias there then! :banghead: :cussing: FA stands for SMELLYCORRUPTCUNTS

:banghead: :cussing: :censored:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Would love to turn them over, but would swap it for a slim defeat and wins in our next couple of league games.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Win or lose, just avoid a replay!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Due to years and years of being in an abusive relationship with this football club I am now in complete doomsday mode.

Play a strong team and lose - gives city the psychological advantage for the league games, key player(s) gets crocked.
Play a weak team and lose - could derail confidence for tough games ahead after long unbeaten run.
Draw - an extra game in the schedule for our paper thin squad, increased likelihood of injuries.
Play a strong team and win - further games for the squad, key player(s) gets crocked.
Play a weak team and win - can't really see a Lakonga/Rob Holding inspired victory up there can you so discounting this one as a possibility.

So I don't think there's any outcome of this game that won't have me worries, win lose or fucking draw. I won't cope with this at all, Gael Clichy, Eduardo and that fateful day up at Birmingham nearly killed me and that was 15 years ago - they'll finish me off this time.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

hoping for a draw because a replay is probably the only match i am going to be able to get to in the foreseeable future.

almost impossible to get a ticket for a league match these days unless you are a season ticket holder.
it appears that the touts have a complete stranglehold on any spare tickets that become available. :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:39 am
Due to years and years of being in an abusive relationship with this football club I am now in complete doomsday mode.

Play a strong team and lose - gives city the psychological advantage for the league games, key player(s) gets crocked.
Play a weak team and lose - could derail confidence for tough games ahead after long unbeaten run.
Draw - an extra game in the schedule for our paper thin squad, increased likelihood of injuries.
Play a strong team and win - further games for the squad, key player(s) gets crocked.
Play a weak team and win - can't really see a Lakonga/Rob Holding inspired victory up there can you so discounting this one as a possibility.

So I don't think there's any outcome of this game that won't have me worries, win lose or fucking draw. I won't cope with this at all, Gael Clichy, Eduardo and that fateful day up at Birmingham nearly killed me and that was 15 years ago - they'll finish me off this time.

I know what you mean Rodders... It truly has taken a Toll on my health. :?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I'd go full strength for this one. They're our main rivals for the league and we gotta get the better of them. We've got a week before next game. I'd start trossard ahead of Martinelli and tomayashu on the left because Mahrez will probably start and he's on form.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Turner may well start in Goal

White
Saliba
Gabriel
Tomi / Tierney

Odegaard / Vieira
Partey
Clive

Saka
NKetiah
Trossard

???

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

ESR hasn't even made the squad according to reports, is he injured again FFS? :banghead:

Can't see the sense in playing our important first teamers. Some people say it's 'psychological', but we don't need a boost, we are 5 points clear with a game in hand, the last thing we need is a city youngster or reserve clattering into Saka and putting him out for a month! We lost to Brighton at home in the cup and we saw it for what it was, just a minor cup game. We love the FA cup but we can't throw the title challenge for it.

We can put a decent team of stiffs out with a few first teamers in the mix

...................Turner

Tomi..........Holding...........Gabriel.........Tierney

................Xhaka..........Zinchenko

Trossard...........Vieira..........Martinelli

.....................Eddie...................

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

If Saka and Partey both start my arse is going to spend the entire 90 minutes chewing on my undies :shock:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 am
hoping for a draw because a replay is probably the only match i am going to be able to get to in the foreseeable future.

almost impossible to get a ticket for a league match these days unless you are a season ticket holder.
it appears that the touts have a complete stranglehold on any spare tickets that become available. :banghead:
Haven't been over for a game in 9 years but was looking into it recently and the cheapest ticket I seen was €180. Factoring in flights, accommodation and everything else, and completely priced out of going.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Emile Smith Rowe is out of Arsenal's game at Manchester City tonight. Thigh issue and not related to groin injury that he had surgery on. Absence described as precautionary.