ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by TeeCee »

If we throw Lokonga into a deal it will cost us an extra 15m to get them to take him!!

augie

Post by augie »

TeeCee wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:25 pm
If we throw Lokonga into a deal it will cost us an extra 15m to get them to take him!!

Any chance we can throw vieira into the deal ?? God he is dogshite :roll:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Moises Caicedo after £60m #AFC bid: “I am grateful to Brighton. I am proud to be able to bring in a record transfer fee for Brighton which would allow them to reinvest it and help the club”.

“I hope fans they can understand why I want to take up this magnificent opportunity”.

The above was posted supposedly by Caicedo on his Instagram account

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Well I did say earlier he’d have to force it and fuck me he’s only gone and done it.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

It didn’t quite work out for the last guy who whored himself out to us on social media :wink:

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

My god do we need Caicedo. Lokongo is so below par. As for Vieira, he is young and is considered done of the top young talent sin Portugal - these are players you persist with. We can carry Vieira for now, but not that Lokonga.

City well beatble. Even if we were level on points I would fancy our chances, but 5 point lead and a game in hand. We really should be looking to win the league this year. We get Caicedo then he risk we have relying on Partey is negated big time.

shu

Post by shu »

augie wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:19 pm
TeeCee wrote:

Welcome back . And now Partey needs a mri scan

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

shu wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:43 am
augie wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:19 pm
TeeCee wrote:

Welcome back . And now Partey needs a mri scan
The stupid *word censored* release this to the press as we look for another midfielder

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

EXCL: Moises Caicedo didn’t turn up for training today — he wants leave immediately. Caicedo could also miss tomorrow’s game. ⚠️ #BHAFC

🚨 Understand Arsenal are expected to improve their bid, after £60m revealed yesterday. #AFC

🔵 Chelsea offered £55m — rejected too. #CFC

🚨 Moises Caicedo will not attend Brighton training at 11am, nor play v Liverpool tomorrow. #BHAFC have told 21yo Ecuador midfielder to stay away until Feb 1 when transfer window closes + expect him to be part of squad for 2nd half of season @TheAthleticFC

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

They’d be fucking brain dead to keep him and turn down the cash after what he wrote last night. I’d be amazed if he doesn’t leave before the deadline.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

We are confident of getting him from what I am told.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Brighton have held further talks with Arsenal this morning where owner Tony Bloom has told them Moises Caicedo is "categorically" not for sale this month.

Brighton digging their heels in, while the behaviour of Caicedo's new representatives has not gone down well. #AFC #BHAFC

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:19 am
They’d be fucking brain dead to keep him and turn down the cash after what he wrote last night. I’d be amazed if he doesn’t leave before the deadline.

Unless they believe 100% in the character of the player and believe that he will get his head down after Tuesday when he is still with them ? To be fair it is only 3 days ago since the player himself came out with a statement stating categorically that he was focused 100% on Brighton, so maybe they think that they can talk him back around ? Some players are fundamentally decent lads that can be led astray by agents, and maybe they think that he is an honourable lad ?
Of course lesson number 1 is that you dont make a statement like that unless you are 100% committed - if Brighton had of accepted our bid he would be well within his rights to go and do so with a clear conscience, but to make that statement and then do a u turn within 3 days to try and force your way out does not reflect well on him

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

After Brighton saying he is categorically not for sale this window, it's really not likely to happen. Tony Bloom has been amazing for Brighton (I remember him on 'Late Night Poker' on Channel 4 many years ago, he's a top poker player). I'm sure he's not going to make himself look a mug.........unless someone offers a figure that can't be refused.......I'd say around £80-85m. Step forward Chavski. :roll:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The debate within Arsenal was whether to go over £70m for Caicedo while Thomas Partey’s injury could factor into how aggressive Mikel Arteta’s side are in their next offer. [@Independent]