Fa Cup 3rd Round Oxford Utd A Mon 9th Jan KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Fa Cup 3rd Round Oxford Utd A Mon 9th Jan KO 8pm

Post by DB10GOONER »

Thynker wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:42 pm
Nketiah is our new Ian Wright, but Id love a Thierry Henry...
Not even close. Wrighty was one of the most naturally gifted strikers I've ever seen. He saw and used space that Nketiah can't even understand and had a touch and finish far superior to Nketiah. And that's not a dig at Nketiah. Most strikers are and were not at Wrighty's level.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:33 am
Thynker wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:42 pm
Nketiah is our new Ian Wright, but Id love a Thierry Henry...
Not even close. Wrighty was one of the most naturally gifted strikers I've ever seen. He saw and used space that Nketiah can't even understand and had a touch and finish far superior to Nketiah. And that's not a dig at Nketiah. Most strikers are and were not at Wrighty's level.
Yes true, Wrighty was a truly top class striker, could score with head, mazy runs, lobs from distance..basically an all round menace to any defence...an Arsenal legend

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:58 pm
Well viera gets two assists, he's obviously shit

Only came into it when Xhaka and Zinchenko came on , he's not strong enough on his own.
Well tbf none of of our midfielders would cope next to lakonga, he's awful and viera is a craftsman not a run around pointing type midfielder, he will need a ball winner next to him.

So when he had better quality around him he excelled and both his free kick and reverse pass were absolute quality.

He's hardly had any game time so with a good run of games I think he will be a very good player for us.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Delighted to be through to the next round, despite our lofty position in the league. I've never subscribed to the 'less games the better' theory as to me it just means you aren't very successful. Our great double winning teams of the past never moaned about too many games and you'll never hear me moan about it either!

Fair play to the manager too for picking a decent side - lessons well and truly learnt from Southampton and Forest over the past couple of seasons. A positive attitude throughout and although Oxford huffed and puffed, I never felt we were in real danger. A chance to get up close and personal with City before the league matches.....bring it on!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Part of Arteta's post game interview..

Saka is fine. :barscarf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odCoG4hSke8

beck

Post by beck »

NickF98 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:51 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:46 am
When the matches were just played at 3pm on Saturdays you knew where you were and could take an interest in all of the matches.
That hasn't happened for probably 20+ years now. Time to move on from the Saturday 3pm thing :D
40 years since all third round ties were played 3 pm 1st Saturday in jan

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:05 am
A11M11 wrote:

Only came into it when Xhaka and Zinchenko came on , he's not strong enough on his own.
Well tbf none of of our midfielders would cope next to lakonga, he's awful and viera is a craftsman not a run around pointing type midfielder, he will need a ball winner next to him.

So when he had better quality around him he excelled and both his free kick and reverse pass were absolute quality.

He's hardly had any game time so with a good run of games I think he will be a very good player for us.
When you say better quality are you referring to Clive :rubchin:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The FA have charged us with breaching rule E20.1

It's alleged that Arsenal FC failed to insure its players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion during the 34th min.

Tht was when the Oxford player handled the ball and our players appealed for a penalty

You couldn't make this shit up :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:22 pm
The FA have charged us with breaching rule E20.1

It's alleged that Arsenal FC failed to insure its players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion during the 34th min.

Tht was when the Oxford player handled the ball and our players appealed for a penalty

Fucking ridiculous isn't it? Absolutely fucking pathetic. The same old double fucking standards against us every fucking time. Years of Manure players, victims, chavs and city screaming at refs, surrounding them and hurling abuse and fucking nothing. Absolutely fucking nothing. We appeal twice in two games when it's so fucking obvious and we get charged. Players screaming "Fuck off" at the ref every week from other teams and nothing happens. Don't fucking come after us when you've tolerated and indulged shit for years. Fuck off, you stupid cúnts.
Nailed on that a team will be all over the ref this weekend and nothing happens.
Fuck em. Win the league and we'll fucking show them.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

As in every good pantomime

"" Oh yes you could ""

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gooner265 wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:43 pm
A11M11 wrote:

:lol:

Sometimes Lefty comes on here after - shall we say - a sip or two of wine... other times he comes on here after - shall we say - a couple bottles or five of wine.... :lol: :wink:

If he was referring to Lobotomy Clive then it's the latter. :wink:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:07 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:43 pm
A11M11 wrote:

:lol:

Sometimes Lefty comes on here after - shall we say - a sip or two of wine... other times he comes on here after - shall we say - a couple bottles or five of wine.... :lol: :wink:

If he was referring to Lobotomy Clive then it's the latter. :wink:
:lol: I can relate to that , that's why I dont post straight after a game :lol:

beck

Post by beck »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:33 pm
Delighted to be through to the next round, despite our lofty position in the league. I've never subscribed to the 'less games the better' theory as to me it just means you aren't very successful. Our great double winning teams of the past never moaned about too many games and you'll never hear me moan about it either!

Fair play to the manager too for picking a decent side - lessons well and truly learnt from Southampton and Forest over the past couple of seasons. A positive attitude throughout and although Oxford huffed and puffed, I never felt we were in real danger. A chance to get up close and personal with City before the league matches.....bring it on!
Hear hear
Footballers play football

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal have appealed their FA charge against Oxford on the grounds it was unreasonable and unfair. Appeal has been submitted and club are awaiting response. They have submitted evidence to back up their case.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:22 pm
Arsenal have appealed their FA charge against Oxford on the grounds it was unreasonable and unfair. Appeal has been submitted and club are awaiting response. They have submitted evidence to back up their case.
Fair fucks, I’ve seen the same (and worse) in pretty much every game since with no charges brought against anyone.

Fuck the corrupt cheating c.unts :evil: