ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

I know everyone has been getting very worked up and'd off about this,; including myself, but take a look at this and just consider ourselves very lucky:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-64470506

#justsaying

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The club's recent signings have mostly been successful but this Jorginho business doesn't sit well - not good enough for midtable shite but good enough for a title challenger??

31 years old and from them- starting to feel a bit Willianesque! A throwback to signings like him and Mari that made the head spin rather than some of the more progressive ones lately

Was delighted with Trossard - peak of his powers at 28 - but this fella feels like a backward step

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

It looks like it was a forced decision, in that the news on Elneny proved to be a worst scenario, so they had to act quickly and Jorginho was across town :?

I agree it is anything but the best, but it could perhaps have been a whole lot worse had they not signed anyone; btw: That does NOT excuse their all too late attempts to sign Caicedo.

By rights we should have had the midfielder problem / shortage sorted at the very beginning of the transfer window.

I guess time will tell. If (IF!) we do go on to win the title then no one will give it a second thought, but if we fuck it up, then the accusations will fly aplenty.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:30 pm
Dont think hes a terrible player as touted on here at least he wasnt 5 years ago, but its just the experience of buying another chav outcast coming here on a free reign...on a nice cosy contract no doubt as per Willian and Cech...against both of those signings, willian in particular was a disgrace, still think jorginho is better than elnenny but of course that aint saying much

Signing that Brighton guy would have made a real statement of intent....this feels like an also rans signing rather than a Champions signing

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Still think that there's a chance that the Chavs bid for Fernandez does not go through and they pull the Jorginho deal at 10:55pm, they love to fuck us over!

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:38 pm
No one else in. Just Soares and Lokonga possible outs.
Given the fact that every journalist has said so since around lunchtime, and sod all has happened since, I think that was obvious.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:52 pm
It looks like it was a forced decision, in that the news on Elneny proved to be a worst scenario, so they had to act quickly and Jorginho was across town :?

I agree it is anything but the best, but it could perhaps have been a whole lot worse had they not signed anyone; btw: That does NOT excuse their all too late attempts to sign Caicedo.

By rights we should have had the midfielder problem / shortage sorted at the very beginning of the transfer window.

I guess time will tell. If (IF!) we do go on to win the title then no one will give it a second thought, but if we fuck it up, then the accusations will fly aplenty.
It does make you wonder whether a joint bid of 90m for Trossard and Caicedo would have got the job done a week or so ago as it would have given Brighton time to spend a fucking fortune on new players.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Elneny out for months, Lokonga to be loaned out and Jorginho in

Doesn't fill me with confidence in an area of the field I already thought was light. That midfield looks wafer thin and an injury to Partey would leave us looking very ragged there

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Fulham set to finalise signing of Cedric Soares from Arsenal on straight loan until end of season. It requires one of #FFC’s existing PL loans to be turned permanent. That is likely to be Shane Duffy from Brighton @TheAthleticFC #AFC #BHAFC #DeadlineDay

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:22 pm
goonersid wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:05 pm
I still think it's a decent signing, 12 mil and a relatively short term contract, experienced player, it could just prove to be a very astute transfer.

Did you say the same when we signed will i am ? Or maybe when we signed sideshow bob ? Or maybe when we signed helmet head ?? :banghead: :banghead:
I can't remember that far back :lol:
If I'm going senile, then I'd live to hear your "reasoning" for claiming you'd rather see Ben White in midfield ahead of a proven International and plge midfielder!
Augie you are more twisted and bitter than a corkscrew :wink:
Last edited by goonersid on Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

the playing mantis wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:48 pm
Couldn't afford caicedo as we spunked all out money on the women's record signing...what a facking joke!!!
No Brighton refused to let him go!
Honestly the fucking negativity and utter bullshit on this thread today is embarrassing

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:05 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:38 pm
No one else in. Just Soares and Lokonga possible outs.
Given the fact that every journalist has said so since around lunchtime, and sod all has happened since, I think that was obvious.
Repeating what I was told earlier. Jorginho we signed just after lunchtime by the way. Choose to ignore it. Up to you.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Jorginho deal just been announced on sky, all done.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Mikel Arteta on signing Jorginho:

"Jorginho is a midfield player with intelligence, deep leadership skills and a huge amount of Premier League and international experience. Jorginho has won in his career, but he still has the hunger and huge willingness to contribute here."

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

but he still has the hunger and huge willingness to contribute here."
That's exactly what Willian told Arteta too!! :lol: :lol: