Half way there

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
arrgee

Re: Half way there

Post by arrgee »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:57 pm
The target was to get champions league next year which means top 4 . As such we are ahead of schedule . If we do drop back and still qualify we have to consider it as progress . Having said that we are in a position that none of us expected and it would seem that if the rumours are correct the club are trying to supplement the squad and are going for it. Lets hope that they make it.
Yes, top 4 or UEFA cup. Either works for me. However, that written…

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Wooooooohoooo livin’ on a prayer……

John F

Post by John F »

I did a quick look at the remaining fixtures and looked at where Arsenal and Man City could drop points and my predictions had City winning the League by 2pts. Dippers and City are the obvious slip-ups but the unpredictable Chavs at home as well as Brighton could be difficult for us. I think we will beat the Bolton of the North East. City have tricky games with Brighton and Everton away. They also have the Chavs at home who will be on the beach by then and will not want to do us any favors. City's remaining fixtures are Dippers, Leicester, Us, West Ham, Leeds, and Chelsea at home and Southampton, Brighton, Everton, Fulham, and Brentford away. To counter my pessimistic forecast that I am fucking useless at predicting results. Remember 89 Derby, Wimbledon at home Dippers away. Who could have predicted those 3 results? I had us parading the Trophy after the Wimbledon game.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I think we win the league if City drop points in 2 or 3 games. I don’t see us not dropping anything outside of an assumed loss away to City. If we avoid defeat at City that is a game changer.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

John F wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:40 am
I did a quick look at the remaining fixtures and looked at where Arsenal and Man City could drop points and my predictions had City winning the League by 2pts. Dippers and City are the obvious slip-ups but the unpredictable Chavs at home as well as Brighton could be difficult for us. I think we will beat the Bolton of the North East. City have tricky games with Brighton and Everton away. They also have the Chavs at home who will be on the beach by then and will not want to do us any favors. City's remaining fixtures are Dippers, Leicester, Us, West Ham, Leeds, and Chelsea at home and Southampton, Brighton, Everton, Fulham, and Brentford away. To counter my pessimistic forecast that I am fucking useless at predicting results. Remember 89 Derby, Wimbledon at home Dippers away. Who could have predicted those 3 results? I had us parading the Trophy after the Wimbledon game.
Manchester City have one or two trips to Europe. And their trip to Brighton has yet to be scheduled. And Arsenal get an extra day before City fixture as they play Southampton on Friday. Arsenal just need to focus on winning the next 5 games. Do that and hard to see City winning title.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

arrgee wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:57 am
John F wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:40 am
Manchester City have one or two trips to Europe. And their trip to Brighton has yet to be scheduled. And Arsenal get an extra day before City fixture as they play Southampton on Friday. Arsenal just need to focus on winning the next 5 games. Do that and hard to see City winning title.
We have been top and the best team in the league for three quarters of the season …..just have to see it through
:barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

robbo10 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:57 am
Wooooooohoooo livin’ on a prayer……
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-hFZhVzHwY

8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuUefy9bT9U

8) 8)

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Could depend on Saliba’s fitness, we should get away with it on Saturday but worry about Holding for the big away gamesHaaland potentially out for a few games may not be a good thing either as I think hes upset their balance.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Update from Arsenal today, William Saliba being monitored day to day at present. The club are not ruling out a return for their trip to Anfield a week Sunday #AFC

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:52 pm
Update from Arsenal today, William Saliba being monitored day to day at present. The club are not ruling out a return for their trip to Anfield a week Sunday #AFC
I have an update but literally no point putting it up. :lol:

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:46 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
is it Saka's lawn has got Red Thread ? :shock: :D

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

gazzatt2 wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:26 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
I saw ESR in Nando’s. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:34 pm
gazzatt2 wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:26 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
I saw ESR in Nando’s. :lol:
Its Barnet so. :lol: :wink: