ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner265

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by gooner265 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:43 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:15 am
gooner265 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:55 am
What does seem to have gone unnoticed is Gabi signing a new 4 and half year deal. Whatever your feeling in January and I really wanted Mudryk we have adapted quickly and got in some decent cover. Our mosst important signings will be our three youngsters , one down two to go.
Has that actually been officially announced yet?, I saw a few stories about it in the rags but don't remember seeing it on .com or the club's socials. Hopefully it's true anyway and the other 2 follow suit soon. Saka I don't see any issue with, he'll definitely sign but Saliba I wouldn't be so certain about, I always have that sneaky feeling he'd rather be back in France.

:barscarf:
Yeah thats where I saw it , reported by Atheletic not announced officially yet.

augie

Post by augie »

gooner265 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:30 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:20 pm
Social media is never a good barometer of things but we really have returned to the AKB days with some of these people. This season has been incredible and title or not, a top 4 finish is a great achievement but does that mean everything has to be universally positive. If we sign a finished Chelsea player then it can be called out without the "go support another club" nonsense.
All I saw on twitter yesterday was negativity and Edu out trending. The end of the day he's joined now and will obviously get behind him in the ground even if im not happy about it until he fucks up of course.
We have no excuses not to go big on one if not two CMs in the summer though as the rest of the squad is pretty much set apart from maybe a right back.

Thing is though, some of us have raised very reasonable questions about the jorginho signing without going OTT and calling for sackings and shit like that, but in eyes of some c.unts (not you sid :wink: ) questioning at all is unacceptable and we are all tied in together :roll: To me c.unts who dismiss everyone who raises any negative points are as bad as the c.unts on social media going OTT and calling for sackings - there is a middle ground where fans should be allowed to raise issues without being condemned by the few c.unts buy such is life I guess

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

My first reaction to this Jorginho signing was the same as some here - another Chelsea pensioner FFS. But, he is an upgrade on Sambi 100%.

Trossard and this other lad both look like decent additions. I think we have been as smart as we can have been. The amount for Caciedo is a joke. Fuck Chelsea though.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I'm still laughing at Sky Sports today. They are SOOOOO desperate to big up Man Utd despite them doing fuck all. Sky currently have 4 different articles on their home page all about Sabitzer who Utd have just signed. You may be forgiven for thinking he's a new 100m signing, deserving FOUR articles on their home page.......but no, he's a reserve player from Bayern signed on loan.
Fucking desperate Sky Manu Sports, fucking desperate! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:45 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:58 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:39 am
Apparently Benfica wanted the cash up front as they were worried about Chelsea imploding before they had been paid in full. A release clause has to be paid in full to be activated which is why it went on for days. Chelsea were prepared to pay over the release clause if in instalments. Benfica said, no we want it all upfront. God knows what was agreed in the end but clubs are wary of them as this could very easily unravel quite quickly.
These things get noticed very quickly by other clubs and if that's the case then something must be known about them and their financial affairs. They aren't backed by a sovereign wealth fund with endless resources like the two in this country or PSG but are throwing money around like there's no tomorrow. This might get them a little bit of success next season but I reckon within 18 months they'll be on their third or fourth manager and loaning out 25 players every six months to other clubs just to keep the costs down. In addition, it won't be long before other Premier League clubs start asking questions and the powers that be will need to do something. This smacks of a desperate, reckless and snide load of spending with the prime motivation being do it before anyone catches them. What they will never understand is that nobody actually gives a fuck about them and not a single football supporter has anything other than pure contempt for them and what they've been doing for 20 years and more.
One of the guys on sky was asked if the chavs spending was wreckless, he said no, they have a structure and want to be the biggest club in the world, bigger than real Madrid he said :lol:
When Sky aren't telling everyone how amazing Manure are, they tell everyone how "great for the Premiership" it is that the chavs have spent billions of pounds of immoral Russian genocide money on a load of fucking mercenaries.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

For me the Jorginho signing is OK. No more no less. He's past his best, he was a bit of a cùnt as a chav player, but then they all are :lol: he is still better than Lobotomy Clive and Lakonga, and if we had held onto Lakonga then we would have been adding to the squad. Also, he did not cost 80 million like he would have if he was an English player.

I see no harm in people questioning the signing either tbh. That is their right here in the free world. :wink:

What I cannot stand is this mentality that if it's Arsenal related you cannot criticise it without some numpty sheep soccer fanboy telling you to "go support another club". If that's your attitude please do fuck off. :censored:

Personally I will applaud the club if they do well or do the right thing. Equally I will cùnt the club if they do something retarded or something I don't agree with. The two things are not mutually exclusive.

The priority for me is still seeing Lobotomy Clive out the fucking door ASAP whether through transfer, release from contract, sacking, injury, or mysterious attack by a handsome moderator with a sexy Dublin accent..... #justsaying

:D :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:58 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:45 pm
Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:58 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:39 am
Apparently Benfica wanted the cash up front as they were worried about Chelsea imploding before they had been paid in full. A release clause has to be paid in full to be activated which is why it went on for days. Chelsea were prepared to pay over the release clause if in instalments. Benfica said, no we want it all upfront. God knows what was agreed in the end but clubs are wary of them as this could very easily unravel quite quickly.
These things get noticed very quickly by other clubs and if that's the case then something must be known about them and their financial affairs. They aren't backed by a sovereign wealth fund with endless resources like the two in this country or PSG but are throwing money around like there's no tomorrow. This might get them a little bit of success next season but I reckon within 18 months they'll be on their third or fourth manager and loaning out 25 players every six months to other clubs just to keep the costs down. In addition, it won't be long before other Premier League clubs start asking questions and the powers that be will need to do something. This smacks of a desperate, reckless and snide load of spending with the prime motivation being do it before anyone catches them. What they will never understand is that nobody actually gives a fuck about them and not a single football supporter has anything other than pure contempt for them and what they've been doing for 20 years and more.
One of the guys on sky was asked if the chavs spending was wreckless, he said no, they have a structure and want to be the biggest club in the world, bigger than real Madrid he said :lol:
When Sky aren't telling everyone how amazing Manure are, they tell everyone how "great for the Premiership" it is that the chavs have spent billions of pounds of immoral Russian genocide money on a load of fucking mercenaries.
As always Perry bang on the money mate. 8)

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:18 pm
For me the Jorginho signing is OK. No more no less. He's past his best, he was a bit of a cùnt as a chav player, but then they all are :lol: he is still better than Lobotomy Clive and Lakonga, and if we had held onto Lakonga then we would have been adding to the squad. Also, he did not cost 80 million like he would have if he was an English player.

I see no harm in people questioning the signing either tbh. That is their right here in the free world. :wink:

What I cannot stand is this mentality that if it's Arsenal related you cannot criticise it without some numpty sheep soccer fanboy telling you to "go support another club". If that's your attitude please do fuck off. :censored:

Personally I will applaud the club if they do well or do the right thing. Equally I will cùnt the club if they do something retarded or something I don't agree with. The two things are not mutually exclusive.

The priority for me is still seeing Lobotomy Clive out the fucking door ASAP whether through transfer, release from contract, sacking, injury, or mysterious attack by a handsome moderator with a sexy Dublin accent..... #justsaying

:D :wink:

Talking about mutually exclusive.....The words "handsome" and "sexy" are definitely mutually exclusive with the word "Dublin". Now, the word "London" is an entirely different matter.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

goonersid wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:37 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Social media is never a good barometer of things but we really have returned to the AKB days with some of these people. This season has been incredible and title or not, a top 4 finish is a great achievement but does that mean everything has to be universally positive. If we sign a finished Chelsea player then it can be called out without the "go support another club" nonsense.
Why do you say he is finished? Give him a fucking chance to come in and do the job he has been signed on a short term contract to do, then if he plods around like a player who is "finished" then call him out!
I remember sperz thinking Pat Jennings was finished :roll:
Sid, he's been finished for at least a couple of years. I didn't rate him when he was first at Chelsea, but now, fuck me. Let's put it this way, you better keep your fingers crossed that we never see him and Xhaka together as our centre mid pairing. It will be a competition as to who can can give the ball away / get caught in possession in the most dangerous place on the pitch. Awful signing.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Just trying to remember the last decent Chavski player we signed, was it Colin Pates? :lol:

Alan Hudson was good, as was George Graham, I don't remember GG actually playing for the Chavs, being a young grasshopper back in those days! :barscarf:

Maybe all this shite received from The Chav Nazi's is their revenge for that pervert Graham Rix turning up at their shithole! :banghead: :cussing:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:56 pm
goonersid wrote:
BFG4 wrote:
Why do you say he is finished? Give him a fucking chance to come in and do the job he has been signed on a short term contract to do, then if he plods around like a player who is "finished" then call him out!
Sid, he's been finished for at least a couple of years. I didn't rate him when he was first at Chelsea, but now, fuck me. Let's put it this way, you better keep your fingers crossed that we never see him and Xhaka together as our centre mid pairing. It will be a competition as to who can can give the ball away / get caught in possession in the most dangerous place on the pitch. Awful signing.
I don't agree mate, he is still a reliable player, who despite what you say, doesn't give the ball away" he can still be a very useful cover player.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:05 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
goonersid wrote:
BFG4 wrote:
I don't agree mate, he is still a reliable player, who despite what you say, doesn't give the ball away" he can still be a very useful cover player.
He honestly has looked finished for the last two seasons at the chav. But that's not to say he might have had issues there that knocked his form or demotivated him. Who knows? Hopefully we'll get some use out of him, but I'll wait until I see that before letting you suck his dick, sid. :lol: :wink:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

goonersid wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
goonersid wrote:
BFG4 wrote:
That’s hopefully all we will require him to do - come on for 15 mins, retain the ball, to see a game out with us a couple of goals ahead and Partey can be given a break.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:10 pm
goonersid wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
goonersid wrote:
BFG4 wrote:
He honestly has looked finished for the last two seasons at the chav. But that's not to say he might have had issues there that knocked his form or demotivated him. Who knows? Hopefully we'll get some use out of him, but I'll wait until I see that before letting you suck his dick, sid. :lol: :wink:
:lol: Fucko!

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Lets be honest the Chavs have been an ongoing shit show for a few years now immaterial of what they've achieved but especially so the last couple of years, Jorghino would not have been my pick as cover however it may be that he did clock out at the chavs due to the ongoing issues there, he may feel more motivated with us, i dont know but he is still our player now so i hope he can step up as needed.

As i said earlier he is on a relatively short contract and that makes me think he is a stop gap until they can get a proper replacement/cover in the right demographic :rubchin: