Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
44%

Total votes: 100

OneBardGooner

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by OneBardGooner »

#justsaying

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

I ve posted before about how Arteta somehow became an Arsenal man in a very short spell of time, despite his best playing days being at Everton.

He apparently took a pay cut to join us, as a club we obviously made a huge impact on him during his time here, he was captain and won the fa cup in 2014 and 2015 but something about us has got him hooked.

Why does a Spainard, who played for Barca, Rangers, PSG and Everton love us so much ? ❤️

https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/football/64420031

The above article quotes pep about how Super Mik would not celebrate goals against THE ARSENAL when he was at city.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Only a Minute+ Worth watching till the last 20 seconds or so.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/64420031

8) :barscarf:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Got manager of the month again

https://www.arsenal.com/news/arteta-nam ... ager-month

He has won 3 of this seasons awards so far and now has 5 overall.

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

We’ve got super Mik Arteta

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Just over 19 months ago arteta isolated and froze out guendouzi over an incident against maupey when maupey was with brighton, so I am very interested to see what position the basque fool takes with zinchenko when he rightly also had verbals with maupey. Maupey is a sneaky c.unt who likes to play the victim, and yesterday just as it was against brighton 19 months ago, we had a team that allowed him to take the piss. In fairness to zinchenko he wasnt having it and by all accounts went after the sneaky c.unt even after the game, whilst the swiss turd went from finger pointing to hugging him :evil: :evil: A team has to stand up for itself and has to have pride - yes at times that might lead to a player overstepping the mark and getting into trouble, but I will guarantee you that a team that allows the opposition to take the piss will never be winners, and like I say I want to see if zinchenko gets frozen out like guendouzi did, cos if that happens arteta should be sacked on the spot

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB we seem to have a wum on here, you know what to do :barscarf: :lol: 8)

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

We've got Super Mik Arteta!!

Dead and buried after the City game, it looked ominous. But no matter what happens for the rest of this season, no sane Arsenal fan can question Arteta. We have an elite manager that won't stop until we are right back at the top.

So pleased the board trusted the process. Arteta is executing at a high level right now.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:02 am

Dead and buried after the City game, it looked ominous. But no matter what happens for the rest of this season, no sane Arsenal fan can question Arteta. We have an elite manager that won't stop until we are right back at the top.

So pleased the board trusted the process. Arteta is executing at a high level right now.
Sorry Nutty mate but that's a leetle beet horseshit. :wink:

We are doing great, winning games and mostly playing good football to boot. He's certainly doing much much better than I or most on here thought he would do and all credit to him for that. There's a buzz around the club again and that too is down to him and the players. 8)

But you are telling me that if with 5 or 6 games to go to win the league and we collapsed again like last season, and blew the title, you would not question Arteta? I would. Its a success driven business. You succeed or you get replaced.

He's not yet an elite manager to my way of thinking. He's a good manager. When he wins a big trophy like the PL he becomes a great manager. But to become an elite manager he needs to win the PL at least a couple or more times and maybe a CL too.

The words "elite" and "legend" are bandied around too lightly nowadays.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I'll patiently await the usual couple of retards to completely misinterpret my post above as "negativity". :lol: :wink:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:58 am
I'll patiently await the usual couple of retards to completely misinterpret my post above as "negativity". :lol: :wink:

Dunno what's the matter with you, always looking on the dark side. You and your bloody negativity, it gets right on my nerves. Next thing you'll be complaining about our star man Xhaka.

You should be more like me, a positive ray of sunshine.

:sunshine_happy:

:wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:09 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:58 am

Dunno what's the matter with you, always looking on the dark side. You and your bloody negativity, it gets right on my nerves. Next thing you'll be complaining about our star man Xhaka.

You should be more like me, a positive ray of sunshine.

:sunshine_happy:

:wink:
:lol: :lol: :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:02 am

I would say we have the right manager for where the club is right now but he still has to see this season through, and whilst I can't see us collapsing it is still very much up in the air whether we lift the title or not.

2 big away games could decide our fate - at Liverpool and City. avoid defeat there and it would be disapointing not to win it.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

He's doing way better than many of us thought possible, albeit with 13 important games to go and thankfully for him an investment strategy that dwarfs anything afforded to any previous manager

Having said that you can spend funds badly as Chavski have recently proven and the additions of Trossard and Jorginho are the latest examples of a better transfer policy, even though many of us were concerned about the latter! Premier League players that are ready now - not youth projects or Chavski has beens that have been a feature of previous transfer policies

Whatever drugs Edu was on when we were signing Mari, Willian, Cedric, David Luiz and a whole host of other c.unts seemingly have worn off!

Let's be honest. The board, Edu and Arteta have done far better than many of us would ever have envisaged and deserve credit for a season that none of us thought possible. There is still the possibility of collapse but to be competing for a title in March is something I can barely remember and the style of football is exciting to watch (unlike the shite of his first two and a half seasons!)

Reasons to be cheerful for sure

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

One thing I will say for Arteta and these players, I've finally got my passion for the Arsenal back completely. 8)

That last decade under Wenger almost broke me, the continuous repeated stupid failings every season, the monotony of knowing before the season began that we would not even compete for the big prize.... year after year, rolled up in a bag of lies and horseshit. :roll: :x

I'm hoping and praying this team and these players and this manager can win the PL then go on to get that stupid CL monkey off our back.

If we don't win it, it will be hugely disappointing but I'd be fully behind Arteta getting another couple of years once it was not a total collapse. A total collapse and I'd want him gone tbh. Total collapse two years running? Not acceptable.

But tbh I've a feeling we will not collapse this time. We'll be there or thereabouts in May. 8)