Brentford bulbeyes H Sat 11th Feb KO 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: Brentford bulbeyes H Sat 11th Feb KO 3pm

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:31 pm
Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:47 pm
Jorginho anywhere near this team alongside Xhaka and it's a nailed on loss against these lot with their high intensity press.
They'd simply run right past the pair of them. You'd have to hope Arteta can see that.

I'm afraid that he's already proven that he can't.

I've no doubt that Xhaka is one of the first names on the team sheet, if not the very first. Jorginho is crap and if he plays regularly, we'll live to regret the signing.

I said it on the day we bought him, that if we see a midfield partnership of Xhaka and Jorginho, it will be a total disaster. I've a sneaking suspicion that Partey will be rested against Brentford and these two stiffs will be our midfield pair. It could get very messy.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:27 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:31 pm
Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:47 pm
Jorginho anywhere near this team alongside Xhaka and it's a nailed on loss against these lot with their high intensity press.
They'd simply run right past the pair of them. You'd have to hope Arteta can see that.

I'm afraid that he's already proven that he can't.

I've no doubt that Xhaka is one of the first names on the team sheet, if not the very first. Jorginho is crap and if he plays regularly, we'll live to regret the signing.

I said it on the day we bought him, that if we see a midfield partnership of Xhaka and Jorginho, it will be a total disaster. I've a sneaking suspicion that Partey will be rested against Brentford and these two stiffs will be our midfield pair. It could get very messy.
Yes as we all know we are masively dependant on Partey being fit..without him we are fucked...totally

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Arteta needs to change the line up after that result. Tomiyasu for White for a little bi tmore energy on Saka and Oegaards right side, even if Tomi isnt as good as defender, Trossard for Martinelli. Give Martinelli the last 30 minutes with fresh legs. Trossard shoud be given a

Dont understand why people are threating a Jorginho/Xhaka apparent lack of speed.

Good thing is though, were playing Brentford in a football matche, not a running race

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:21 am
Arteta needs to change the line up after that result. Tomiyasu for White for a little bi tmore energy on Saka and Oegaards right side, even if Tomi isnt as good as defender, Trossard for Martinelli. Give Martinelli the last 30 minutes with fresh legs. Trossard shoud be given a

Dont understand why people are threating a Jorginho/Xhaka apparent lack of speed.

Good thing is though, were playing Brentford in a football matche, not a running race

I don’t think that it’s a lack of pace that most of us are worried about Wilson, it’s a total lack of quality. Jorginho is poor and as for Xhaka, to call him “poor” would be praise indeed. I think “abject”, or “Sunday Leaguer” is more appropriate.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Can’t get a ticket
Can’t watch the match in TV

Ridiculous - I can see why we have so many foreign fans - they can follow the team easier :banghead:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:27 pm
Can’t get a ticket
Can’t watch the match in TV

Ridiculous - I can see why we have so many foreign fans - they can follow the team easier :banghead:
Drogon tv 📺 :rubchin: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:36 pm
wilson2.0 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:21 am

I don’t think that it’s a lack of pace that most of us are worried about Wilson, it’s a total lack of quality. Jorginho is poor and as for Xhaka, to call him “poor” would be praise indeed. I think “abject”, or “Sunday Leaguer” is more appropriate.
And that my friend is the thing the Lobotomy Clive fanclub cannot see or understand. :idea:

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Rival fans have acknowledged xhaka has been one of the better midfielders in the league this season

You know the dislike is irrational when people wanted Lokonga to play ahead of him.

You want to see a rubbish midfielder at a top club, check out Fred's performance v Leeds.

Xhaka would get in most Premier league teams

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Don't Bite! DB Don't Bite!.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Glad to know TY from AFTV has found a new hobby(other than raiding the Armoury) and that's defending Xhaka on the Gooner :lol:
Only someone of that level of delusion could defend him.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

BFG4 wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:23 pm
Glad to know TY from AFTV has found a new hobby(other than raiding the Armoury) and that's defending Xhaka on the Gooner :lol:

Well all have to be very wary of thinking that we know best about football (because we all have that distinct tendency) and to dismiss those with opposite views as "not understanding the game", but in the case of Xhaka, it truly staggers me that anyone with even half an idea could rate the bloke.

I wasn't going to respond to Wilson's post, because it won't alter his opinion and he is, of course, entitled to hold it. That doesn't mean that I'm not astounded by anyone that shares his opinion.

Xhaka's performance against Everton was the perfect example of how poor he is and how it really manifests itself in games where we're not in control and the going is tough. The most frustrating thing of all...and a few of us have said this many times...is that to replace him with even a reliable journeyman in the middle of the park, would see us improve no end. Get a top quality replacement in there and we would compete with the best. As it is, his presence (and especially if he's alongside Jorginho :worried:) will always undermine us.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:48 am
Rival fans have acknowledged xhaka has been one of the better midfielders in the league this season

You know the dislike is irrational when people wanted Lokonga to play ahead of him.

You want to see a rubbish midfielder at a top club, check out Fred's performance v Leeds.

Xhaka would get in most Premier league teams
He's improved because he has went from utter utter shite to just utter shite this season :oops: He's a bluffer,the only time he moves quickly is to milk the celebrations if they happen..as said above his performance at Everton said it all about him..If we were to replace him with a 7 or an 8 out if 10 player we would improve massively.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:19 am
Don't Bite! DB Don't Bite!.
:lol:

No need to, mate. Anyone that understands the game can see through the Lobotomy Clive myth.

There's always a few soccer fanboys that can never bring themselves to see anything bad in the club. And then there's the ones that just do not know the game.

The rest of us can see that if we replace him with even an average player with average intelligence and average skill we will instantly become a better team.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BFG4 wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:27 pm
BFG4 wrote:

Well all have to be very wary of thinking that we know best about football (because we all have that distinct tendency) and to dismiss those with opposite views as "not understanding the game", but in the case of Xhaka, it truly staggers me that anyone with even half an idea could rate the bloke.

I wasn't going to respond to Wilson's post, because it won't alter his opinion and he is, of course, entitled to hold it. That doesn't mean that I'm not astounded by anyone that shares his opinion.

Xhaka's performance against Everton was the perfect example of how poor he is and how it really manifests itself in games where we're not in control and the going is tough. The most frustrating thing of all...and a few of us have said this many times...is that to replace him with even a reliable journeyman in the middle of the park, would see us improve no end. Get a top quality replacement in there and we would compete with the best. As it is, his presence (and especially if he's alongside Jorginho :worried:) will always undermine us.
Superb post and 100% accurate.