Villa A Sat 18th Feb KO 1230

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: Villa vaginas A Sat 18th Feb KO 1230

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:54 pm
Forrest Gump, Woody, Sully, Andy Beckett your boy has taken one hell of a beating today :barscarf:
I fucking hate that Hanks prick. Boring fucking cûnt. Box of chocolates, I've got AIDS off a space rocket. Fuck off.

wibble

Post by wibble »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:48 pm
Keown in the BT Box. :lol: :lol: :lol:
That was quality. He was delighted with the Martinez own goal!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:32 pm
Fucking hell. What a last five minutes. Fucking hell.
Phewwww! I Know Good Job I Remembered To Take My Heart Pills This Morning! :-P

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:05 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:54 pm
Forrest Gump, Woody, Sully, Andy Beckett your boy has taken one hell of a beating today :barscarf:
I fucking hate that Hanks prick. Boring fucking cûnt. Box of chocolates, I've got AIDS off a space rocket. Fuck off.
Yeah! I notice the cameras didn't zoom in on him when our 3rd and 4th Goals Went In! :lol: :lol: :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:23 pm
Oh my FUCK OH MY FUCK

FIUMMDNEJHDJDJDKSKSKS
That looks like you were bent over typing and someone's come up from behind with a lob on :shock: :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Has to be said Ramsdale made a very good save with the score at 2-2.....that was a big moment

aah that Odergaard miss...can forget that now...

What a game....showed we have the character and we know we have the quality

Jorgihno is doing well...and with ESR and Jesus not far away things looking bright

is it 15 points in front of scum...MIND THE GAP...you lowlife mugs :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Block93

Post by Block93 »

Fair play to Ramsdale - without that brilliant fingertip save onto the underside of the bar, the last few pages of this thread would have been a bit different for sure. Always liked Leon Bailey and would have been another good option in January.

No VAR ref would dare to have overturned 'Jorginho' goal after last week (apart from Lee Mason who's rightfully been binned...)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arteta post game Interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFut1m9WQEM

We've Got Super Mikel Arteta!!!! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Yep, absolutely massive shout out to Ramsdale for that save ...especially as for the previous 20 mins or so he'd had fuck all to do. White proved he's a much better option than Tomiyasu at RB - not good for their 2nd goal but any good things we did in the second half came from his overlaps and he put in some good balls.

Xhaka was fucking abysmal in everything he did today - whether it was letting McGinn beat him twice and not bothering to even make a tackle, his gormless tackling and ability to kill any good attack. Based on form he'd be the one to make way for Partey but we know that won't be happening

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:53 pm
Eddie is still our second biggest issue for me, he is just not a striker you need when challenging for the title. No matter what happens in the rest of the season Arteta must sign another striker in the summer :rubchin:

Agree with this Muzz. We're trying to challenge for the title while carrying two passengers. Xhaka, of course, is worse than just a passenger, he's a twelfth man for the other side, but Eddie is simply not good enough. We needed a striker in January and not getting one will cost us.

Eddie has absolutely no presence up front, he offers no threat, or even a nuisance level. If you're a centre half and you're about to face Kane, Haaland, Salah, Rashford, Toney, you know you've got a job on your hands, but you'll lose no sleep knowing that you're playing against Eddie. For me, the centre forward and the goalkeeper are the two most important positions in the team, because both can win you points that you haven't earned and both can cost you points too. Don't know if many would agree with this, but I'd have been happy to sign Mitrovic in January. He'd have been a god addition for the second half of the season, probably wouldn't have been too expensive and he's definitely a presence up front. In the summer, we need to add a top level striker.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:01 pm
#justsaying

:proudtosay:

Not sure what the relevance of that post is, but who cares, please keep making posts like that.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:22 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Eddie is still our second biggest issue for me, he is just not a striker you need when challenging for the title. No matter what happens in the rest of the season Arteta must sign another striker in the summer :rubchin:

Agree with this Muzz. We're trying to challenge for the title while carrying two passengers. Xhaka, of course, is worse than just a passenger, he's a twelfth man for the other side, but Eddie is simply not good enough. We needed a striker in January and not getting one will cost us.

Eddie has absolutely no presence up front, he offers no threat, or even a nuisance level. If you're a centre half and you're about to face Kane, Haaland, Salah, Rashford, Toney, you know you've got a job on your hands, but you'll lose no sleep knowing that you're playing against Eddie. For me, the centre forward and the goalkeeper are the two most important positions in the team, because both can win you points that you haven't earned and both can cost you points too. Don't know if many would agree with this, but I'd have been happy to sign Mitrovic in January. He'd have been a god addition for the second half of the season, probably wouldn't have been too expensive and he's definitely a presence up front. In the summer, we need to add a top level striker.
Mitrovic wouldn't be the world's worst call, but neither would Arsenal fan Ollie Watkins. Would be a great addition I think

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:24 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:22 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:

Mitrovic wouldn't be the world's worst call, but neither would Arsenal fan Ollie Watkins. Would be a great addition I think

Agreed, I've always liked the guy. Lively and doesn't let the centre rest. Would certainly have been a good addition for the 2nd half of this season. I think Mitrovic must be a nightmare to be up against. Tough as old boots and lets the centre half know he's there, as well as technically adept.

Either would be a vast improvement on Eddie. I like the boy, but he's Championship level.
Last edited by Retro Gunner on Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

That’s why I keep coming back for fucking more. What else in life can give you such despairing lows followed by such magical unbelievable highs so quickly.

And not just in the context of the last 7 days (although that is the case too) but also having those emotions all rolled up into those 90 minutes today. Despair to elation, you’re down and out on the canvas one minute, next thing you’re up and you’ve delivered the knockout blow.

Fucking magical, love this team, UP THE ARSE :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Haven't stopped smiling since Emi buried his goal of the season contender for us.... and then the complete banter of our fourth one.... ooh.... if I was a bird my wide-on would have inhaled my chair. :D :wink: