Welcome Jorginho

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Welcome Jorginho

Post by DB10GOONER »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:02 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:47 am
I wonder if he will get a look-in regarding any penalties as Saka seems to be our Penalty Taker?

Jorginho Penalty Stats: "The Brazil-born playmaker has taken 48 penalties throughout his career so far. Jorginho has impressively scored 41 of those spot kicks using his trademark technique, in which he jumps just before striking the ball to deceive the opposition "

Personally I think that 'jump' is cheating....I mean if you're going to take a Pen you run up and hit it, place it, hammer the fuck out of it etc whatever! No jumps, hesitations etc...BUT! If he were to take a pen for us with a 'jump' and it wins us the game! Then 8) :high5: :dancingbanana:
That’s not such a great record on pens …..only 85.4166666 percent. ( one for DB and other stat lovers 🥰 out there )

I would think Saka’s better than that currently, having taken relatively few.
Only pen missed by him is at International level that I can think of
I do love a good stat. Sorry, sorry, a good shat. I love a good shat. :lol:

gooner265

Re: Welcome Jorginho

Post by gooner265 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:47 am
I wonder if he will get a look-in regarding any penalties as Saka seems to be our Penalty Taker?

Jorginho Penalty Stats: "The Brazil-born playmaker has taken 48 penalties throughout his career so far. Jorginho has impressively scored 41 of those spot kicks using his trademark technique, in which he jumps just before striking the ball to deceive the opposition "

Personally I think that 'jump' is cheating....I mean if you're going to take a Pen you run up and hit it, place it, hammer the fuck out of it etc whatever! No jumps, hesitations etc...BUT! If he were to take a pen for us with a 'jump' and it wins us the game! Then 8) :high5: :dancingbanana:
Agreed , I hate all this hesitation and stepping bollocks it should be banned.