Leicester A Sat 25th Feb KO 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: Leicester labia lips A Sat 25th Feb KO 3pm

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:50 pm
Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:42 pm
We called out the rank officiating with VAR and didn't let it lie causing Lee Mason to get sacked for being shit, they'll now be looking out for their own retribution by fucking us over whenever they can!

Hmmm, hadn't thought about that and as much as I try to avoid conspiracy theories, there could well be something in that.

Mind you, unless I missed something, I didn't get the feeling that we'd made as big a fuss as we could/should have. Old Red Nose would have been screaming blue murder non stop and making less than veiled accusations of cheating.
If we’d made a fuss we’d have been charged again.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Massive win again.I had it on 5live and farted a few malteasers out in the last 10..win is a win :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:20 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:01 pm
Yes 3 points and 2 home games coming up......on reflection happy with that ....FUCK VAR :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
8 point lead over Man Utd now, equal games played.

Beat Everton mid week when they play their FA cup game v West Ham and that lead looks very healthy again.

Can’t see City dropping points but you never know
Yes indeed, its everton then Bournemouth then away to Fulham..... (would love a ticket for that one)....city who have proved they can drop points have Newcastle H and Palace away, 2 tricky games up next

Just keep winning our games....cant really believe we are in this position with 14 games left...its like a dream

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

That was a shit performance but great win. We were really poor in an attacking sense and outside of our goal and Zinchenko's effort in the 2nd half, their keeper wasn't exactly being peppered with shots. Huge win though and by this time next week we will have just 12 games left, huge that we win the next two.
VAR again today was really dodgy. I can accept Trossard's goal being ruled out but then Saka is clearly fouled and no penalty given, zero consistency. Also, what was with Saka's disallowed goal, on Premier both the commentator and co-com said they thought it will take a bit of time to draw the lines but Pawson had it confirmed as offside In less than a minute, something seriously corrupt about the whole system.

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

Looked to me like White did foul the keeper but Saka definitely fouled for a penalty.

Zinchenko's defensive positioning and giving ball away is worrying.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

:D :D :barscarf: :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Thynker wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:49 pm
Looked to me like White did foul the keeper but Saka definitely fouled for a penalty.

one investigated by VAR the other ignored?

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:13 am
Thynker wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:49 pm

one investigated by VAR the other ignored?
I am yet to see anyone give any reason for why one incident of the same nature gets the full VAR treatment but the other doesn't even seem to get a thought given to it. There is absolutely no doubt at all that Saka is being held with both hands by the defender and dragged down to stop him getting on the end of a cross which would have been a tap-in. Nobody knows the criteria for decisions and nobody will until they broadcast the dialogue between the officials. As we all know, it is so open to abuse and personal bias from the VAR bloke and nobody can do anything about it.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I already spoke about the times we conceded when Leno and Ramsdale got pinned down on their line. The narrative then was - the goalkeeper’s got to be stronger there, go push the attacker out of the way, he can’t allow himself to be bullied etc etc.

No VAR interventions, no disallowed goals, no clear and obvious errors.

There was a time on here when I was very much in the minority on if there was a referring agenda against us debate. I was labelled a tin foil hat merchant, a conspiracy theorist and told these things even themselves out over the course of the season.

And that’s not to knock anyone on here by the way, that was also the majority consensus amongst the entire fan base for a long time too.

The first time I noticed a real sea change in people’s opinions was the 2 Martinelli yellow cards in 10 seconds. That was absolutely fucking outrageous and it stemmed the first proper real debate about strange decisions going against it.

I think Arteta’s comment at the time was that an official has got to go out of his was to give a decision like that.

Slowly but surely form that point onwards and with each passing injustice we endured culminating in the complete farce of “forgetting to draw the lines” we’ve now reached the point where the vast majority of the fan base believe there is a clear agenda against us.

It’s being written about on blogs, talked about in the media, Kevin Campbell openly questioned that it had to be more than human error on SSN after the Brentford debacle.

Yesterday was another in the long list of games where we had to yet again overcome the officials to get the 3 points and the longer we stay in contention for the league the harder they’re going to make it for us. Imagine what they’ll fucking do to us if we’re still in the hunt with 3 or 4 games to go? Makes me shudder.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

It's been a while since we had someone sent off. I wouldn't be surprised at all if sometime soon they manufacture a red card like the Martinelli incident you mentioned or David Luiz at Wolves.

I don't know the stats but surely no other team gets the same treatment as us regarding outrageous VAR decisions.

Agenda, bias, corruption, incompetence whatever I am totally sick of the complete existence of VAR and how it's ruining football right now.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Well done to the team, despite the latest boring attempt to deliberately sabotage VAR.

My favourite stat of 0.01 expected goals for Leicester (fucking expected goals my arse) was obviously even better than winning the 3 points

Loving Trossard - so good to buy someone who isn't a work in progress. Right signing at the right time. A great option for us

I hope the Leicester keeper has recovered from that brutal wrist injury for the disallowed goal. It's working though as at least half a dozen people watching it with me are convinced VAR should go now. Well done to the FA and the PL as that's what they wanted from day one. Keep up the great job of fucking it up lads

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Go and have a laugh and look at Foxes talk. They are convinced that the ref gave us everything. Literally mind boggling.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:27 pm
Loving Trossard - so good to buy someone who isn't a work in progress. Right signing at the right time. A great option for us
We all had a serious dose of PTSD after the suffering endured over the likes of helmet head, Willian and side show Bob but I’ve suppressed all that now and am firmly all in on buying premier league players over making signings from other leagues.

I’m quite happy to pay the premium involved too because you’re getting players that can slot in immediately, no adjustment period or settling in time needed. Oven fucking ready.

Ramsdale, White, Zinchenko and Jesus have all been a huge hit for me, while Trossard and Jorginho have also being able to contribute from the get go, both look to be really good additions to the squad. How refreshing to improve the squad in January eh? No bullshit about super quality or working 24/7 - we may have missed out on Plan A but pivoted to Plan B quickly and got the job done.

I remain unconvinced by Declan Rice but if we are to spunk big money on a midfielder in the summer I’d rather it be on him than some skid mark from Ligue 1.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Most of the media, even Dermot Gallagher are saying the Saka foul was a pen.
Anyone asking Howard Webb about yet another dodgy VAR decision against Arsenal? Thought not.
Why the fuck is the club not handing a dossier to Webb this fucking week with all the dodgy decisions against us from the last 2 seasons? At least then he knows he's under pressure because we've officially raised an issue, go to the press with it too, make sure everyone knows about the bad decisions against us.

Staying quiet just allows it to continue/get worse FFS :banghead: :banghead: