Liam Brady - An Irishman Abroad Documentary

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonertux

Liam Brady - An Irishman Abroad Documentary

Post by goonertux »

Just watched this fantastic documentary that was shown recently on RTE1. If you can find it, I highly recommend it for us older Gooners. Some brilliant clips, especially ‘that goal’ against the Spuds. “Look at that, oh look at that!” Can never tire of seeing that again. One of the all-time best without a doubt and a true gentleman. Met him on the tube once and we chatted all the way from Cockfosters to Arsenal. Try and find it. Well worth a watch.

BobbyPires7

Re: Liam Brady - An Irishman Abroad Documentary

Post by BobbyPires7 »

goonertux wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:20 pm
Just watched this fantastic documentary that was shown recently on RTE1. If you can find it, I highly recommend it for us older Gooners. Some brilliant clips, especially ‘that goal’ against the Spuds. “Look at that, oh look at that!” Can never tire of seeing that again. One of the all-time best without a doubt and a true gentleman. Met him on the tube once and we chatted all the way from Cockfosters to Arsenal. Try and find it. Well worth a watch.
Saw an audience with Liam Brady last year. Perry Groves did the Q and A. Very interesting couple of hours.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Loved Chippy Brady. I always maintained that he was the best Arsenal player that I'd ever seen with my own eyes, until the arrival of Dennis Bergkamp. No shame to be just behind the King.

I was devastated when Brady left. The team fell apart after that and Stapleton left the following season.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Btw, on MOTD day last weekend, they had a short tribute to John Motson, showing the iconic moments from his commentaries. I was waiting for the "Look at that" clip to appear, but of course, they didn't show that....doesn't fit the Lineker anti Arsenal narrative. :x