Sporting H Thurs Mar 16th 2023 KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Sporting H Thurs Mar 16th 2023 KO 8pm

Post by rodders999 »

If the reason Tierney is out the door in the summer is because the club feel he cannot stay fit then surely Tomi will be straight after him.

Crocked again :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:56 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:16 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:59 pm
Too strong at the back for my liking, Kiwor and Turner obviously paying the price for their shit show which cost us a goal out there.

Tierney 100% officially toast at the club now.

Tierney and smith-rowe are done as long as arteta is in charge - I've said for a loooong time that arteta has never rated them and I was shouted down, but honestly I am 53 years old and I would be disgusted if the manager picked vieira to start ahead of me even at this stage of my life. The guy is a lightweight pussy and is turning in dogshite performances on a regular basis now - some gobshites tried to argue that subbing of smith-rowe against bournemouth was for fitness reasons, but we have had two games against sporting since (inc tonight) and if smith-rowe cant get picked ahead of him when we are supposedly rotating our squad, then it tells you all you need to know about his future under arteta
Not sure that he’s never rated Tierney Augie but after the implosion at the end of last season, a large part of which was down to Tierney getting crocked (again) I reckon he’s decided that we have to move on as his fitness just cannot be relied upon. I’m still surprised he’s not playing tonight mind.

As for ESR he’s been miles off it since coming back, I haven’t seen him beat a man, make a run, put a cross in or even have a shot. Everyone’s body responds differently to surgery but he looks like a guy that needs a full pre season to get back up to speed.

He did put the header back across goal that led to Partey scoring against Bournemouth but apart from that he was completely anonymous which in a game where we had 80% possession is worrying.

Hopefully he can contribute in the run in but he’s shown zero signs so far that he will.

I get the argument that smith-rowe isnt up to speed, but to me that only increases the questions as to why he isnt playing these games against sporting - he isnt going to get sharp again if he is sitting on bench all the time.
Secondly yes he did set up a goal recently - that is a damn sight more than the portugese fanny has done in far more game time. There is absolutely no defending the decision to start vieira ahead of him - none. Already in the first 6 minutes of this game he is losing possession in dangerous areas for no other reason than the fact that he is a lightweight pussy that is afraid of his own shadow

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

We need to offload Tomiyasu along with Tierney in the summer, Tierney too slow and injury prone, Tomy too shite and injury prone

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Also I have watched a couple of the training videos on YouTube where the players come out of the dressing room towards the pitches, both Odegaard and Saliba came out alongside Rowe on separate days and the way they big him up in front of the cameras tells you all you need to know about their admiration of him.

Odegaard called him some Brazilian players name, can't remember who and Saliba says The Smith is back.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:10 pm
Tomiyasu looks done for a while with that.
Sounds harsh, but does it matter. One dreadful option eliminated IMO.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Zinchenko has given the ball away 3 times already.

Vieira is a Snow Flake. :?

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:14 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:10 pm
Tomiyasu looks done for a while with that.
Sounds harsh, but does it matter. One dreadful option eliminated IMO.
No, not harsh at all. He's struggled this season and seems to worry those around him at the back.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Xhaka for the Balon D’Or :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Viera is an absolute clown. Another goal for Xhaka, that's 3 already this season.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Oh boy, the villain of this forum has scored.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Captain Fantastic :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

Jorginho has the keys to unlock defences

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Get in. :barscarf: Lovely ball from Jorginho.

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:56 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:28 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:20 pm
It's in the laps of the Gods I guess.

But on a Positive Note :shock: ; how unusual on this forum :lol:

Imagine if we actually succeeded in Winning BOTH! - Dreamland I know, but when I think of how Arteta has (so far) proved the majority on here Wrong, who's to know what he may yet achieve as our Manager!?

I have more confidence in us winning the Europa Cup with Arteta at the helm than when it was Emery.

Basing that on what exactly ? I like his enthusiasm on the sideline for the most part, and I do think that it def plays a big part in why the team keep going right until the last kick of the game, but I dont see what he is doing that has proved people wrong, Were you singing the same tune before last seasons collapse when 4th looked certain ? We have a tough run in and we are against a deeper and more complete squad than we have at our disposal, so not winning the league doesnt mean failure as long as we go down fighting, but I have to be honest and say that the trip to scouseland worries me
:roll: :roll: :roll: Ohhh ! Here we go some one has expressed an opinion not in line with Augster!

Emery for all his supposed excellence in the Europe Cup Totally fucked up in the final .... He didn't have the fans united nor did he change the atrocious culture and Utter Mess at the club left by TOF.

The simple fact that when Arteta first arrived the Majority thought he would fail and didn't want him; including me, but he hasn't

He has Totally Changed the Culture at Every level of the Club for the Better

The Team and the Fans have never been more united since 2003.

He has improved the majority of players and made The Emirates a Fortress.

Arteta IN! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

he has dumped the deadwood and the shyte

Oh! And We are Top Of The League

And have I dismissed or disrespected you for doing so ? You expressed an opinion, I disagreed with it and stated my reasons why - is that not how forums work ?? I am a member on here a long time and I think my track record shows that for the most part I welcome healthy respectable debates - what I have never welcomed is dismissing an opinion based purely on whose opinion it is, and I dont welcome being abused because my opinion differs from others, but like I say I did neither when your opinion was different

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Oh fuck they’re dropping like flies, that why we need to get out of this shit ASAP :banghead: