Sporting H Thurs Mar 16th 2023 KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
the playing mantis

Re: Sporting H Thurs Mar 16th 2023 KO 8pm

Post by the playing mantis »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:52 pm
Before anyone starts, this is not a snide dig at Ramsdale, but when was the last time we had a keeper that saved penalties? Can't remember Leno ever saving one. For years now, a penalty for the opposition is a certain fucking goal. I knew their bloke had at least one save in him and knew we'd fucking lose.
A certain argentine maybe??!!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:55 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Before anyone starts, this is not a snide dig at Ramsdale, but when was the last time we had a keeper that saved penalties? Can't remember Leno ever saving one. For years now, a penalty for the opposition is a certain fucking goal. I knew their bloke had at least one save in him and knew we'd fucking lose.
Yes it's fvcking annoying isn't it.
Cech was useless as well.

Just had a bet you would say something along those lines.... :lol: :lol: :lol: Sooo Predictable. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

Zinchenko at LB and Xhaka anywhere are Arteta's 2 big blindspots

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

xisstential wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:51 pm
Ramsdale should have saved three of those.
Tbh, he shouldn't have been beaten from the half way line.
Careful now.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

11 cup finals…..COYG :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Thynker wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:58 pm
Zinchenko at LB and Xhaka anywhere are Arteta's 2 big blindspots
And Vieira......

And Holding (Though he wasn't as shyte as his usualness tonight)

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:54 pm
We don’t have the squad depth to fight on 2 fronts, that’s become abundantly clear after these two legs.

We’ll rack up more points in the league now than we would have if we had 2 legged quarter and semi finals to navigate. Whether that will be enough to get us over the line fuck knows but this result tonight gives us the absolute best chance of wining the league.

A tough draw for city now tomorrow please, either Bayern or Real.

I partially agree but I also partially disagree - our squad is nowhere near as deep as citys, but our problem tonight was not the lack of depth, but choosing and sticking with wrong player. Take the portugese fanny out of that team and bring in odeargod or smith-rowe and the team improves by at least 25%. Tierney is quality and cant get a game. I say it again, I didnt support the signing of jorginho from the start, BUT I think he is being subbed in games when others are playing worse than he is.

the playing mantis

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:53 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:51 pm
Thynker wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:47 pm
Didn't do enough to win it over 2 legs.

Over to the league
We did. We should have been out of sight in the first leg but gifted it them. We should be wiping the floor with them tbh but seem to shit the bed in Europe.

Don't care about the result care about the pointlessness of it and the arm it could do to the league. Pray saliba is fine and we beat place as there shit.
Got what we deserved. We were shit in both legs. Shitter tonight than the first leg though.
Still think we should have walked it over there but defensively fucked it. And tonight despite shit had so many very good chances. We should have won given those chances.

Anyway what's the big willy news please bobbby????

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Weirdly that champions league draw tomorrow is so massively important for us now. They’ll draw the QF and SF and if city get Real and Bayern I’ll bust my undies.

We need city to suffer big time midweek and those ties would seriously hurt them.

the playing mantis

The other thing apart form the injuries that p me off is the way these *word censored* celebrate...yes I know we have our issues with celebration police but come on as of they wo the whole thing...*word censored*.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

rodders999 wrote:
We don’t have the squad depth to fight on 2 fronts, that’s become abundantly clear after these two legs.

We’ll rack up more points in the league now than we would have if we had 2 legged quarter and semi finals to navigate. Whether that will be enough to get us over the line fuck knows but this result tonight gives us the absolute best chance of wining the league.

I think the opposite Rodders,we need city to stay in the Champions League for as long as possible,it might distract them (although I hope they lose in the final)

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Vieira will be a good player one day.......but not in the PL, he's like a little boy and nothing will change that. He needs to go to Spain or Italy where you get half an hour on the ball for each pass

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:59 pm
rodders999 wrote:

I partially agree but I also partially disagree - our squad is nowhere near as deep as citys, but our problem tonight was not the lack of depth, but choosing and sticking with wrong player. Take the portugese fanny out of that team and bring in odeargod or smith-rowe and the team improves by at least 25%. Tierney is quality and cant get a game. I say it again, I didnt support the signing of jorginho from the start, BUT I think he is being subbed in games when others are playing worse than he is.
More so over the 2 legs Augie. Kiwor and Turner combined for an absolute cluster fuck of a goal over there. Don’t concede that and we go through.

The only way we could win this competition is by going full strength in the knockout stages. Make 5/6 changes as we did and we’re open to getting caught out as has happened tonight.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

We’re cooked. Draw on Sunday. Unravel quickly.

We are a momentum side and that will have caved us in. Criminal performance. That was like something from two seasons ago. Abysmally bad until Partey and then Odegaard came on.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I think the opposite Rodders,we need city to stay in the Champions League for as long as possible,it might distract them (although I hope they lose in the final)
Agreed, they need to get to the final....more midweek games, more pressure, some of them will be thinking 'we've won the league 4 out of 5 years, lets concentrate on the CL'