Palace pp H Sun 19th Mar KO 2pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Palace pp H Sun 19th Mar KO 2pm

Post by OneBardGooner »

John F wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:10 pm
My son just told me that Saliba is going to be out for several weeks and Tomi for the season.Anyone else read this?
:shock: Ohhh! Shiiit ! I Truly, Truly hope Not. The ramifications of that Thursday Game could well do for us if that is true...

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:12 pm
John F wrote:
My son just told me that Saliba is going to be out for several weeks and Tomi for the season.Anyone else read this?
:shock: Ohhh! Shiiit ! I Truly, Truly hope Not. The ramifications of that Thursday Game could well do for us if that is true...
Oh fuck :( If he's out for a spell it's fucked :cry:
My solution would be Tierney RB and White in the middle with Gabriel with Zinchenko LB..We know beegee doo will play the hair transplant kid in the middle though and leave Tierney on the bench as per..

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Depends how long Saliba is out, he will hopefully only miss Palace and Leeds at home, which should be OK, if he misses Dippers and god forbid, Etihad FC, the the title may well slip away.

Tomi we can hopefully deal with, but I'd be up for selling him and getting in someone less prone to injury for next season, good player but it doesn't matter if you're missing half the games each season through injury.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Tomiyasu out is a blessing - I don't get the love for him because he last had a good game over a year ago. He bottles tackles, gives the ball away all the time and completely disrupts our attacking play compared to White

Saliba however is a huge issue - Holding is bloody awful and Kiwior's one match in Lisbon was equally awful.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨❌ 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 | Arsenal defender William Saliba has sustained a back injury and will be out of action for several weeks, reports @lequipe.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:18 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:12 pm
John F wrote:
Oh fuck :( If he's out for a spell it's fucked :cry:
My solution would be Tierney RB and White in the middle with Gabriel with Zinchenko LB..We know beegee doo will play the hair transplant kid in the middle though and leave Tierney on the bench as per..
Sounds like a plan FG :high5:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Not a chance Tierney plays right back, we just need Holding not to be fucking brain dead for 90 minutes, surely not a big ask at home to Palace even for him.

Pull Saliba from international duty and give him 2 weeks to recover, job done. While we’re at it we should pull Saka and Partey out too like Fergie used to do time and time again. 2 weeks rest for those 2 would be absolutely invaluable to us.

Just say they got leetle bit niggle in the game and wrap them in cotton wool until Leeds.

Block93

Post by Block93 »

No point signing Kiwior if we are not going to play him, he's a proven club and international centre-back and it's at times like this that you need to show confidence in him. This is just the situation he was signed for and he will be super-motivated to perform. If he plays well and 3 points are secured the whole picture going forward will look very different. No point pussy-footing around putting square pegs in round holes.

(If it all goes tits-up then I shan't be looking at this forum for a while!)

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Block93 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:40 am
No point signing Kiwior if we are not going to play him, he's a proven club and international centre-back and it's at times like this that you need to show confidence in him. This is just the situation he was signed for and he will be super-motivated to perform. If he plays well and 3 points are secured the whole picture going forward will look very different. No point pussy-footing around putting square pegs in round holes.

(If it all goes tits-up then I shan't be looking at this forum for a while!)
you're right. He was bought for this type of situation

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Maybe the club is being smart saying it's worse than it is to save him from international duty

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

I see England have a trip to Italy then Ukraine at Wembley in the lull :rubchin: If I was Arteta I would have Saka yanked right out of those.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:53 am
Not a chance Tierney plays right back, we just need Holding not to be fucking brain dead for 90 minutes, surely not a big ask at home to Palace even for him.

Pull Saliba from international duty and give him 2 weeks to recover, job done. While we’re at it we should pull Saka and Partey out too like Fergie used to do time and time again. 2 weeks rest for those 2 would be absolutely invaluable to us.

Just say they got leetle bit niggle in the game and wrap them in cotton wool until Leeds.
Yeah! I remember those days when the FA and anyone involved in the England set up were afraid of rednose.... :roll:

Arteta needs to get smart and say to the player/s we need you, we pay your wages etc so you can forego these meaningless games for your country etc

It is very rare that an interlull can work in our favour as they tend to come around when we are at the top of our game and in the groove so to speak.... So a decent rest mentally and physically with lots of massages and treatment on the injured body parts can really help our cause...

Also; I know Palace haven't appointed a new manager proper yet, but even when one of the underlings take over for a few games there tends to be a 'Bounce' of some kind, so we need to be wary of that.

I know every remaining game is Hugely Important, but the mere fact that a Win would put 8 points between us and $hitty would be a very good boost psychologically for us.

Fuck-Off Palace COME THE FUCK ON Arsenal! :barscarf: :box: :barscarf:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Saliba possible stress fracture. Find that one on Twatter Andi McDowell.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

This lot have been a pain in the arse against us for a few years. I hope we get ourselves fucking organised for this and tear into them from the off. Let's just have a good old 4-0 or something.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Cup final, they all are now. Massive massive game.

Game in hand or not 8 points is decent gap to open up on the c.unts facing 115 charges for fucking cheating and will give them something to think about over thee next 2 weeks and have them under pressure when they kick off against the victims in the first game of that weekend.

Comprehensive, ugly, whatever, just get the 3 points banked and fucking ONWARDS :barscarf: