Pimped up Mancs (who won't be punished in a million years) H Weds Feb 15th KO 730PM Amazon Prime

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BFG4

Re: Pimped up Manc fuckers(who won't be punished in a million years) H Weds Feb 15th KO 730PM Amazon Prime

Post by BFG4 »

Thynker wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:11 pm
For those yapping about how difficult our next few fixtures are, in our next 4 games we play

11th, 13th, 18th and 19th who've lost a combined 46 games this season!.
FFS
If we were sitting 3rd and comfortably just in a CL position then I'd be really confident going into these games but once the pressure of a title race is added then we are as useful as a chocolate teapot.

the playing mantis

Re: Pimped up Manc fuckers(who won't be punished in a million years) H Weds Feb 15th KO 730PM Amazon Prime

Post by the playing mantis »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:11 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:01 pm
Seen a screenshot someone put up on Twitter of Xhaka bearing down on the box in the 70th minute, Nketiah runs off his shoulder and instead of just rolling it to him, he blasts it by him and out for a goalkick. City took the lead two minutes later. This sums up the shitness that is Xhaka's Arsenal career.
He’s the worst centre mid (actually, the worst player full stop) that I’ve ever seen in an Arsenal jersey ,

Worse than Ian selley?!

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Both Arsenal and Man City players charged by the FA for surrounding the referee during Wednesday’s match.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:53 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:52 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:49 pm
I called it after Everton. We will be lucky to hang on for 4th.
10 pts clear of Newcastle, 12 pts clear of scum who have played a game more ,and you think we'll be lucky to finish 4th

:roll:
I do yeah.
Still think we will be lucky to finish 4th ?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:15 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:53 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:52 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:49 pm
I called it after Everton. We will be lucky to hang on for 4th.
10 pts clear of Newcastle, 12 pts clear of scum who have played a game more ,and you think we'll be lucky to finish 4th

:roll:
I do yeah.
Still think we will be lucky to finish 4th ?
:barscarf:

BobbyPires7

Re: Pimped up Mancs (who won't be punished in a million years) H Weds Feb 15th KO 730PM Amazon Prime

Post by BobbyPires7 »

We’ll come top 2. Hopefully first.

I do think you’ll be lucky to get in to the ground to see any of our games though.

In our dark days of the last decade I was there home and away. So I’ve earned a certain right to be massively pessimistic at points. Is it hyperbole? Yes. Is my approach to prepare for the worst but hope for the best? Yes. That’s my way of managing the mental torture that is following Arsenal. When I’ve seen us 4 nil up and draw 4-4. Winning 4-2 at home to Spurs and the entire away end left, yet we drew 4-4. When last season we blew 4th. Coming 8th twice. I’ve seen us lose away to Bradford. In person. Seen us lose to Birmingham in the Cup Final. Seen us lose every European Cup Final that exists. Seen us win and lose everywhere.

Don’t take it personally. If I want to be pessimistic it’s up to me.

Natural Born Gooner

Re: Pimped up Mancs (who won't be punished in a million years) H Weds Feb 15th KO 730PM Amazon Prime

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:29 pm

I do think you’ll be lucky to get in to the ground to see any of our games though.

In our dark days of the last decade I was there home and away. So I’ve earned a certain right to be massively pessimistic at points. Is it hyperbole? Yes. Is my approach to prepare for the worst but hope for the best? Yes. That’s my way of managing the mental torture that is following Arsenal. When I’ve seen us 4 nil up and draw 4-4. Winning 4-2 at home to Spurs and the entire away end left, yet we drew 4-4. When last season we blew 4th. Coming 8th twice. I’ve seen us lose away to Bradford. In person. Seen us lose to Birmingham in the Cup Final. Seen us lose every European Cup Final that exists. Seen us win and lose everywhere.

🚨🚨🚨🚨

Superfan alert!

🚨🚨🚨🚨

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:03 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:

🚨🚨🚨🚨

Superfan alert!

🚨🚨🚨🚨
Just a fan. Not an armchair fan though.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:09 pm
Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:03 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:

🚨🚨🚨🚨

Superfan alert!

🚨🚨🚨🚨
Just a fan. Not an armchair fan though.
Wow, cool story but no one cares!

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

BobbyPires7 wrote:

Hey Bobby

Of course it’s up to you to be pessimistic and I understand why….

If you refuse to have the hope, then if it goes wrong it doesn’t hurt as much

But you don’t appear to be accepting the reality that this young team are made of sterner stuff now - they are a TEAM, a collective that are better than their individual parts

IF they win the league they will be the youngest team to do so ( I fully accept they may come 2nd, but it won’t be for lack of trying)
Arteta the youngest manager

They Could gain more points than the invincible team and unlike that Invincible team this is not yet their peak …we have a few years yet, till that point.

I struggle to understand why you attend when it comes across that you hate going as you fear the worst in every game.

And I’ve been there and got the t shirt too my friend, season ticket holder for 7 seasons under George, home, away and Europe, was at Anfield, & Copenhagen, I’ve witnessed 6 FA cup wins in the flesh too but also at Wrexham and Wembley when we lost to Luton on my birthday and Birmingham.

I don’t attend now, my choice, doesn’t mean I don’t still love the old girl

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🔺 BREAKING: Manchester City have lodged legal challenges against the Premier League’s 115 charges for alleged rule breaches, disputing the involvement of the barrister who is in charge of the disciplinary process because he is an Arsenal fan

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

The laughable irony of this, if true, is that the lawyer defending them is Lord David Pannick. He lives in Islington and guess who he supports! :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 2:06 pm
🔺 BREAKING: Manchester City have lodged legal challenges against the Premier League’s 115 charges for alleged rule breaches, disputing the involvement of the barrister who is in charge of the disciplinary process because he is an Arsenal fan
Breaking news

Premier League/UEFA/FIFA confirm they will shit their pants again when a rich club flex their muscles and realise their unenforceable laws have never been worth the paper they're written on. Same punishment as handed to Chelsea for the past 15 years- tut, tut naughty naughty,

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Feels like a cold war is emerging between US owned clubs - Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Middle Eastern owned - City, Newcastle and United(?).

Hopefully United don't get this oil money otherwise its hard to see where this goes, other than domination for the Arab clubs.

If United stay US owned (or this Ratface twat), then maybe the US/other clubs can gang up on the cheaty Arab clubs and get them sanctioned etc.

This is the only way I can see us remaining competitive but probably a long shot, otherwise the league becomes a borefest (already is).

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:49 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:

Hey Bobby

Of course it’s up to you to be pessimistic and I understand why….

If you refuse to have the hope, then if it goes wrong it doesn’t hurt as much

But you don’t appear to be accepting the reality that this young team are made of sterner stuff now - they are a TEAM, a collective that are better than their individual parts

IF they win the league they will be the youngest team to do so ( I fully accept they may come 2nd, but it won’t be for lack of trying)
Arteta the youngest manager

They Could gain more points than the invincible team and unlike that Invincible team this is not yet their peak …we have a few years yet, till that point.

I struggle to understand why you attend when it comes across that you hate going as you fear the worst in every game.

And I’ve been there and got the t shirt too my friend, season ticket holder for 7 seasons under George, home, away and Europe, was at Anfield, & Copenhagen, I’ve witnessed 6 FA cup wins in the flesh too but also at Wrexham and Wembley when we lost to Luton on my birthday and Birmingham.

I don’t attend now, my choice, doesn’t mean I don’t still love the old girl
This aged well. We are indeed made of sterner stuff. :lol: