Welcome to The Arsenal, Ben White

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
A11M11

Re: Welcome to The Arsenal, Ben White

Post by A11M11 »

Not the first time it's happened apparently Macdonald threw a dossier on the floor before England played Cyprus and then this took place.https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2010/ ... yprus-1975

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

If Ben White has walked out of an Ingerland squad, he should be given a pay rise and a contract extension because that's what every Arsenal player should have been doing for about 25 years or more. Fuck the FA.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:26 pm
If Ben White has walked out of an Ingerland squad, he should be given a pay rise and a contract extension because that's what every Arsenal player should have been doing for about 25 years or more. Fuck the FA.
Amen. Fuck the FA and fuck all Interlull football. Club before country. Always. UTA. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

And yet again Ben White has been Ignored by Red Rum. Don't get me wrong I am pleased because it means he gets to rest up and it means he reduces the chances of injury.

No one is saying anything, but it appears that he came home early from the Slavery Cup of his own volition, though whether he was pushed or jumped perhaps we'll never know.

He has been playing really well since February and so by most standards would be an automatic pick; especially as he can play RB or CB.

So what the fuck is going on?

I mean has he shagged Red Rum's Missus or Daughter? Or Both!?

:rubchin:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:07 am
And yet again Ben White has been Ignored by Red Rum. Don't get me wrong I am pleased because it means he gets to rest up and it means he reduces the chances of injury.

No one is saying anything, but it appears that he came home early from the Slavery Cup of his own volition, though whether he was pushed or jumped perhaps we'll never know.

He has been playing really well since February and so by most standards would be an automatic pick; especially as he can play RB or CB.

So what the fuck is going on?

I mean has he shagged Red Rum's Missus or Daughter? Or Both!?

:rubchin:
Complete travesty for him to be overlooked based on form.

He was excellent against Palace, and were it not for Saka grabbing 2 goals and an assist, he may well have got man of the match

I’ve questioned his positioning and not tracking a runner at CB before but he has excelled at Right back

Why Southgate wouldn’t play the club duo of White and Saka when they are so effective and in tune with each other is laughable, but I don’t care a jot about England, only Arsenal, so I’m happy he gets a rest :barscarf:
Last edited by Stuart L (2) on Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I don't give a toss about Ingerland either... We need Saka... they don't.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:02 pm
Not the first time it's happened apparently Macdonald threw a dossier on the floor before England played Cyprus and then this took place.https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2010/ ... yprus-1975
I've got the program from that game, my uncle went to it and years later gave me a huge box full of programs from Arsenal and England games.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Arsenal open formal talks with Ben White over contract extension. First round of discussions have concluded and viewed as positive. Significant hope an agreement isn’t far away.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:42 pm
🚨 Arsenal open formal talks with Ben White over contract extension. First round of discussions have concluded and viewed as positive. Significant hope an agreement isn’t far away.
Still got 2 or 3 ? Years on his contract

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Benny Blanco & Saka work well together on the left flank. So Good News I reckon.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal defender Ben White has committed his future to the club by signing a new and improved long-term contract.

#AFC

More from @David_Ornstein ⬇️

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Love that he’s turned Southgate down.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Ben White was consistently told by Steven Holland to do useless opposition drills. White was frustrated because he was in superb form and felt he was being left out due to favouritism.

He then asked Holland “Play me or I am going home” infront of the whole squad.

Arteta then reassured White he had his full support and told the player they would speak when the squad was scheduled to re-join.

Also one final thing.. if you think Arsenal announced Ben White’s contract today out of all days by coincidence then that is on you.

Bloke on Twitter/X

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Great news

A solid 7/8 out of 10 per game player and a shithouse to boot.

Couldn't care less he hates football, he's good at it and that's the main thing!

augie

Post by augie »

In the albeit small sample size we have seen of Timber in action before his injury, I have no doubt that he is a serious upgrade on white if he is played in proper right back position - people can love white for turning down southgate or whatever, but he has never struck me as a guy dedicated to his job (a job paying him very handsomely I might add), and that troubles me tbh. I know that they are different sports, but when you look at the amount of film study players in american football do on the opposition, and compare it to white who dont want to watch any game he aint playing in, then the contrast in professionalism couldnt be bigger.
The thing that I really dont understand about the guy is his reluctance to go forward more cos he is good at driving forward when he does it - I dunno if it is down to his managers instructions or what, but his "play safe" approach when passing back to his centre backs as much as he does really fcuks me off