Leeds H Sat 1st April

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: Leeds H Sat 1st April

Post by BobbyPires7 »

The only time I went to Ireland I met a bloke who called himself Toby Sure.

Midz

Post by Midz »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:38 am
Any relation to Toby Carvery? :D

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Midz wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:54 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:38 am
Any relation to Toby Carvery? :D
That guy was there too. He had gravy all down him. :lol:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:53 pm

Oh it’s the Red Members. The lesser spotted in N5 ones. I went because it was in my local theatre and it was all about Arsenal. Why did the other 300 plus Gooners go? Ignoring the Leeds thing, he’s our appearance record holder. Some old stories and some Arsenal chat with a few pints on a Tuesday night. That’s my kind of bag rather than sitting at home worrying about something that happened 25 years ago. But sorry I should have taken a moral stand I suppose. A bit like when you wanted me to take a moral stand and give up my season ticket when we finished 8th twice. :lol:
I am with you on this. Never quite understood the hate for O’Leary as unlike Brady and Stapleton he stayed through some pretty barren years and was belatedly rewarded with a couple of league titles. What he did as a manager of another club is irrelevant. It’s not like people hate George Graham (and I love George) because he went onto manage Spurs and dirty Leeds.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Anyway, there are umpteen reasons to hate dirty Leeds aside from O’Leary. Revie, Charlton’s black book, the sock tags, the waving from the centre circle, the smiley badge, Mick Jones in a sling, Bremner with his shirt off, Ken electric fences Bates, Peter Fish tank Risdale, Giles, Reaney, Sniffer Clarke, Bite yer legs Hunter who fcuked up against Poland, Terry Cooper, etc.

Best night of my life was when we beat them 7-0 back in the late 1970s.

8-0 please.

OneBardGooner

Re: DIRTTTY DIRRRTY Leeds H Sat 1st April

Post by OneBardGooner »

arrgee wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:23 am
Anyway, there are umpteen reasons to hate dirty Leeds aside from O’Leary. Revie, Charlton’s black book, the sock tags, the waving from the centre circle, the smiley badge, Mick Jones in a sling, Bremner with his shirt off, Ken electric fences Bates, Peter Fish tank Risdale, Giles, Reaney, Sniffer Clarke, Bite yer legs Hunter who fcuked up against Poland, Terry Cooper, etc.

Best night of my life was when we beat them 7-0 back in the late 1970s.

8-0 please.
Revie what an absoluteCUNT.

5- Nil To THE Arsenal. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

10 days since the Saliba injury and still no update, I bet that’s good news :suicide:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:15 am
10 days since the Saliba injury and still no update, I bet that’s good news :suicide:
They'll be moving Heaven & Earth to get him fit mate!...

Midz

Post by Midz »

rodders999 wrote:
It's called lazy journalism. :D :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:00 pm
rodders999 wrote:
It's called lazy journalism. :D :D
Yeah! The only News the CuntyMedia are interested in is Negative News & Drama's - Especially when it involves THE Arsenal.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I was thinking more of an update filtering out from the club or the player himself on social media rather than speculation on SSN but there’s been fuck all from anyone.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Well unlike Richford - I'm gonna save the Poor of the world manureCunt who was so badly injured he jetted off to N/York, Saliba hasn't gone on holiday anywhere so I would guess the Medical / Physio teams are working like crazy to get him back & playing.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

rodders999 wrote:
We should be okay v Leeds without him, but would desperately want him fit for the Scousers.

No news is good news ?
Last edited by Stuart L (2) on Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

bobby says its a stress fracture which means we are fucked. 8 points clear and we risk it all on the europa league which we can target any time.

white to CB and tierny as RB would be my choice, holding in for 10 games would be the undoing of it all imo.

ffs please be wrong bobby

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:14 pm
bobby says its a stress fracture which means we are fucked. 8 points clear and we risk it all on the europa league which we can target any time.

white to CB and tierny as RB would be my choice, holding in for 10 games would be the undoing of it all imo.

ffs please be wrong bobby
He’s still in pain and a stress fracture is suspected. Apparently quite common in young athletes. Normally you rest for 12 weeks to prevent long lasting damage. Can he be managed and he comes back a lot sooner? I’m not in the know on what the Club are doing to decide.