other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by rodders999 »

Full time and he didn’t play a single fucking second :barscarf:

Hopefully it was an agreement between the club and Ghana that he wouldn’t play 2 games in a few days. He was out on the pitch at full time and seemed ok.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:46 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:08 am
rodders999 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:22 am
Considering it’s now 11 days since it happened the medical team must have moved on from “suspecting” what it is to knowing exactly what’s up.
I would expect they do but I don’t have a hotline to the medical team. Pretty sure it’s a stress fracture but that was from a few days back so things could be clearer now.
Ask around the village for fuck sake, surely some c.unt knows :coffeespit:
I met Anders Limpar once. Very nice guy. He was doing his weekly shop in London Colney Savacentre with his wife. Arsenal players have always lived round here. As have I. It’s not a big thing. Nor is working at Arsenal. It’s a job. People who live locally work there you know. :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨| Ghana boss Chris Hughton has confirmed that he left Thomas Partey out of their 1-1 draw with Angola due to him having a small injury and he didn’t want to risk making it worse. 🇬🇭

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:28 pm
🚨| Ghana boss Chris Hughton has confirmed that he left Thomas Partey out of their 1-1 draw with Angola due to him having a small injury and he didn’t want to risk making it worse. 🇬🇭
Surprised by that, Hughton being ex scum and all. :censored:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Rumoured to be a groin injury.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:58 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Surprised by that, Hughton being ex scum and all. :censored:
Always liked Hughton. Despite being a scummer, he always seemed to be a decent bloke. Ditto Edinburgh. And Robbie Keane, mostly 8)

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:05 pm
rodders999 wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Considering it’s now 11 days since it happened the medical team must have moved on from “suspecting” what it is to knowing exactly what’s up.
I would expect they do but I don’t have a hotline to the medical team. Pretty sure it’s a stress fracture but that was from a few days back so things could be clearer now.
I met Anders Limpar once. Very nice guy. He was doing his weekly shop in London Colney Savacentre with his wife. Arsenal players have always lived round here. As have I. It’s not a big thing. Nor is working at Arsenal. It’s a job. People who live locally work there you know. :barscarf:
I’ve always felt that Anders gets more love from Everton than he does from Arsenal which is a massive shame, the guy was absolutely electric in that 91 league winning side.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:37 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:05 pm
rodders999 wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
I’ve always felt that Anders gets more love from Everton than he does from Arsenal which is a massive shame, the guy was absolutely electric in that 91 league winning side.
Strange comment that. I've never heard any Gooner not praise him for being an absolute diamond in that 91 team. Maybe toffees fans are louder in their praise because he is one of about maybe three top class players they've ever had - whereas he's one of dozens we've had. 8)

Either way I've always thought he was a magical player. The precursor to Bergkamp. 8)

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

He was great in 92 as well , loved that team ,played some fantastic football, was gutted when George sold him.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Rumours on the net say that Saliba has a hamstring issue, not serious and it's thought to be 2 weeks out at most, could be back sooner - via Chris Wheatley

Partey has a minor issue and should be ok for the weekend - Goal.com

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Watching Georgia Norway praying Odegaard has zero issues. This is the most stressful international break ever.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:34 pm
Watching Georgia Norway praying Odegaard has zero issues. This is the most stressful international break ever.
Odegaard has already dodged a bad one. :cussing:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

And just missed an open goal :roll:

This should have been a stroll for Norway, missed shit loads of chances and then conceded to a hoof ball meaning he’s had a kick tougher night than needed.

10 minutes to go…..hopefully nothing rash.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

All over, he seems ok. Two gruelling 90 minutes under his belt mind while the city c.unt is sat at home pretending to be fucking injured :evil:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Rodri the fucking snide c.unt who tried to break Odegaard’s leg the other night went in studs up on Tierney who’s had to go off injured.

Fucking scum :twisted: