Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Stuart L (2)

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by Stuart L (2) »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:12 pm
Rednose and TOF inducted in The Premier League Hall of Fame:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65072430

TOF Quote: "I'd like to be known as someone who loved Arsenal, who respected the values of the club and left it in a position where it can grow and become even bigger,"

No youdullardCunt, because of your despotic attitude and control over the club in your last 12 years you left it In A Fucking Mess. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
FFS he now wants credit for Arteta’s work

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

cameron326 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:01 pm
Funny with Ozil though - i remember the stats most seasons would show that he covered more distance than virtually any other Arsenal player - also one of the highest of any midfielder in the league. Was the issue that he was lazy (I didn’t think so) or was it more that he was so noticeably lacking in passion? He struck me as the type of player who would leave the field beaming inside with happiness if he’d made/scored a beautiful goal, or frustrated if he’d not personally created a breakthrough, while the actual result - draw, three points etc, would be second to that.
Nailed it there mate. Ozil was the the best player we had since Bergkamp. He would have walked into that Invincibles team. Truly technically gifted and a proper visionary on the pitch. When he played with Sanchez they were often on a different level to everybody around them.

Hilariously called "lazy" by some of our fans when his yardage per game and over the season was always in the top two or three Arsenal players and in the top 10 PL players.

The problem was his body language and attitude. The body language he could not change. But his attitude got worse as the years rolled on. But then, he went from setting Euopean records with Madrid to passing to Danny fucking Welwide.... that would kill anyone's motivation. :roll:

I've always said Wenger's two biggest fuck ups was not building two title winning teams first around the chav rat Fabregas and then later around Ozil.

The other thing that killed Ozil was Arsene The Economist :oops: giving him a completely retarded pay rise to the extent Ozil just stopped giving even half a fuck and went into semi retirement, knowing he could now get away with murder.

Like the chav rat Fabregas, Ozil was a real missed opportunity for the club to get back to the top and another nail in the coffin of Arsene's "genius" status.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:33 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:12 pm
Rednose and TOF inducted in The Premier League Hall of Fame:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65072430

TOF Quote: "I'd like to be known as someone who loved Arsenal, who respected the values of the club and left it in a position where it can grow and become even bigger,"

No youdullardCunt, because of your despotic attitude and control over the club in your last 12 years you left it In A Fucking Mess. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
FFS he now wants credit for Arteta’s work
Of course he does. And he built that stadium by hand, brick by brick. :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65117724

Members of the Arsenal and Aston Villa backroom teams have been charged by the Football Association with improper conduct for their behaviour after the Gunners' 4-2 victory in February.

Villa head of performance analysis Victor Manas and Arsenal technical analyst coach Miguel Molina have both been charged for two incidents.

The first came after Arsenal's third goal - and the second after full-time.

Both individuals have until Friday, 31 March to respond to the charges.

It is alleged that Manas' behaviour in the 94th minute was improper and/or violent. Molina, meanwhile, is said to have acted and/or spoken in an improper and/or abusive and/or insulting manner in the same minute.

Both individuals have also been charged with improper behaviour in the tunnel following the end of the Premier League match at Villa Park on Wednesday, 18 February.

When Jorginho's shot hit the crossbar and went in off Villa goalkeeper Emi Martinez to make it 3-2, there was a fracas in the stand which involved the two analysts.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::;

The FA just cannot fucking Stand It Because We Are Top Of The Prem...

They Are a Bunch of CorruptCUNTS! Fuck Off FA You CUN.TS! :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box:

augie

Post by augie »

No doubt I'll be told that this isnt a modern football thing, and I'm certain that vast majority will disagree with my opinion on it anyway, but I simply cannot trust any player who says that they dont like the game and never watch a game that they not playing in. Ben White has always been up front about having zero interest in the game itself, but I have grown up believing that as fans we want our players to love the game and show that on the pitch. I will always tell my sons that they can learn a lot by watching games on tv and seeing the right and wrong things to do in an in game scenario, but if a player wont watch games does it not suggest a lack of application to his job, and how can he ever master his craft ?

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

i think some of that from white is nonsense, as hes obviously a bit weird...if he didn't like the game and had no interest in it he would never have played it and stayed dedicated to get where he has. He simply wouldn't have lasted the course as a kid to get this far.

slag

Post by slag »

Not impressed at all with the video on the official Twitter site with the young mascot none of the rotters could even look her in the eye... shameful

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

slag wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:00 pm
Not impressed at all with the video on the official Twitter site with the young mascot none of the rotters could even look her in the eye... shameful
At that moment they didn't but if you see the other videos they are chatting away to her

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:15 pm
i think some of that from white is nonsense, as hes obviously a bit weird...if he didn't like the game and had no interest in it he would never have played it and stayed dedicated to get where he has. He simply wouldn't have lasted the course as a kid to get this far.
I know an ex pro who actually had no interest in football,it was something he was good at and he said if he could earn 3 grand a week doing something else he would,his dad would make him train every night after school until he ended up at a club,but he resented it,he never went to games when he was injured (which was a lot) me and my other mate used to go on his comps and would have to give him match reports for when his manager asked any questions,and this was early premiership era too,so I understand it can happen,

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

robbo10 wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:30 am
I know an ex pro who actually had no interest in football,it was something he was good at and he said if he could earn 3 grand a week doing something else he would,his dad would make him train every night after school until he ended up at a club,but he resented it,he never went to games when he was injured (which was a lot) me and my other mate used to go on his comps and would have to give him match reports for when his manager asked any questions,and this was early premiership era too,so I understand it can happen,
Did your mates garden back onto Bobby's or could he throw a ball onto his drive from his :wink: :lol:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:58 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:30 am
Did your mates garden back onto Bobby's or could he throw a ball onto his drive from his :wink: :lol:
:D

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Shit non-league teams getting promotion to the football league and it being headline news because two multi-millionaries bought them as part of a cynical ego-trip.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:08 pm
Shit non-league teams getting promotion to the football league and it being headline news because two multi-millionaries bought them as part of a cynical ego-trip.
Mullin is on £4.5k per week. Average wage in that league is barely £1k. Beyond him you have several players on £3k per week. I would go as far as to say they are even worse than City in a relative sense for that league. Absolute joke to call it a fairytale.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:48 pm
Mullin is on £4.5k per week. Average wage in that league is barely £1k. Beyond him you have several players on £3k per week. I would go as far as to say they are even worse than City in a relative sense for that league. Absolute joke to call it a fairytale.
Absolutely. Pure distortion of the football pyramid.

augie

Post by augie »

Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:10 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:48 pm
Absolutely. Pure distortion of the football pyramid.

Lets be fair, wrexham are only a non league team a few years and were in the football league pyramid for a long long time