Leeds H Sat 1st April

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Leeds H Sat 1st April

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:42 am
My stomach is already doing summersaults, won’t be long until I’m perched on the bowl and I reckon I might stay in the safety of that position until right before kick off just to play things safe.

Could be an absolutely fucking massive day for us in the title race, the victims have had a car crash of a season so far, can they pull just one result out of the bag for us? Surely a bit of pride comes to the fore today? If they can and we bag 3 points later on then holy fucking shit.

It will give us that bit of a buffer we’ll need with away trips to Liverpool, city and Newcastle all on the horizon (we took the princely sum of zero points out of those fixtures last season :shock: )

I can’t even bear to think about it.

Of course my tendency to catastrophize everything tells me the victims will be absolute dog shit today, city will win at a canter, we’ll drop points later to a Leeds team fighting for their lives and then next week at Anfield Liverpool suddenly start playing like the Harlem fucking Globetrotters and put us to the sword :suicide:

Can’t take 10 games of this I just can’t.
I know what you mean Rodders, I feel like I am walking on a High Wire, one side is Ecstasy the other side Utter Despair.

I made the mistake of thinking about how it might feel to win the title again... just before going to teddy byes, that was it I was fucked... didn't drop of to snooze land till about 3am :cry:

Regardless of what happens ALL We can do is Stay Positive and keep believing, even if/when we drop points... It Will go right to the very end, that's what happens in situations like this....

Look at these photo's and JUST STAY POSITIVE!!!!

John F

Post by John F »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:42 am
My stomach is already doing summersaults, won’t be long until I’m perched on the bowl and I reckon I might stay in the safety of that position until right before kick off just to play things safe.

Could be an absolutely fucking massive day for us in the title race, the victims have had a car crash of a season so far, can they pull just one result out of the bag for us? Surely a bit of pride comes to the fore today? If they can and we bag 3 points later on then holy fucking shit.

It will give us that bit of a buffer we’ll need with away trips to Liverpool, city and Newcastle all on the horizon (we took the princely sum of zero points out of those fixtures last season :shock: )

I can’t even bear to think about it.

Of course my tendency to catastrophize everything tells me the victims will be absolute dog shit today, city will win at a canter, we’ll drop points later to a Leeds team fighting for their lives and then next week at Anfield Liverpool suddenly start playing like the Harlem fucking Globetrotters and put us to the sword :suicide:

Can’t take 10 games of this I just can’t.
I am the same .I think I suffer from PMT (pre-match tension)

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

That champions league final defeat, the UEFA cup final defeat on penalties against Galatasary, losing those league cup finals to the chavs, Birmingham and city, Michael fucking Owen absolutely robbing us in the handball Henchoz Cup final, losing to the chavs in the Europa League final, blowing the league the year of the Eduardo injury, blowing the league again after the Welbeck last gasp winner against Leicester.

All that shit has taken some fucking toll on me, that why I catastrophize, I just prepare myself for pain. Hopefully this season won’t be more of the same, I couldn’t take it.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Got a table booked in a pub for this one - should be a great match :barscarf:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

I've hated these pricks for a very long time !!. (Won't say how long). Just fuck 'em up a little for me and I'll be happy. 3-1 should do. Keep playing the good stuff. :barscarf: :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Banana skin here

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Isn't it strange how we are having our Best Season in ages (playing-wise) and no matter how well we play there are always the Doom and Gloom Merchants on here who are Always Negative. It's as if they won't be satisfied till things go wrong and then they harp on about "see I told you", Naaah Nah Nah Naaaah! :roll:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

4-0 to The Arsenal :barscarf:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Just delighted we are back, hate the international break with a passion. Really hope we are up for this, COYG :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Have to admit feeling sick to my stomach here today. So much hangs on today. We win and the victims* win and we are in with a real shot at the title. We lose or draw and citeh win and I can't but help feeling it might all implode around us. :(

We win and citeh win then all this shit gets pushed back to the next game.

There is no escape from this! :shock: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:04 pm
4-0 to The Arsenal :barscarf:
:barscarf: :barscarf:

Praying you are on the money Lefty mate. 8)

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:45 pm
Have to admit feeling sick to my stomach here today. So much hangs on today. We win and the victims* win and we are in with a real shot at the title. We lose or draw and citeh win and I can't but help feeling it might all implode around us. :(

City winning 3-1 now

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:46 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

City winning 3-1 now
It'll finish 5-1 to citeh now. :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Psychologically we absolutely have to win today.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:49 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:46 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

City winning 3-1 now
It'll finish 5-1 to citeh now. :censored:
Yeah Liverpool given up :|