Red dippers A Sun 9th Apr KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
subtleasaheadbutt

Re: Red dippers A Sun 9th Apr KO 430pm

Post by subtleasaheadbutt »

Gooner 2 Gooner?
rename the forum snowflake to snowflake.

Draw at newcastle and City we should win the league. It won't matter what city do.

Whether we won yesterday or not this season would go to the wire.

subtleasaheadbutt

Post by subtleasaheadbutt »

It's still in our hands.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

subtleasaheadbutt wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:51 am
Gooner 2 Gooner?

Draw at newcastle and City we should win the league. It won't matter what city do.

Had we won on Sunday then there would be a margin for error should we lose to City, there no longer is. Saying we'll draw with City in no way makes it likely. Our record up there is horrendous and when the pressure was applied in the 2nd half on Sunday, we crumbled and were only bailed out by Ramsdale. Teams like that don't win titles.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

BFG4 wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:48 am
subtleasaheadbutt wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:51 am
Gooner 2 Gooner?

Had we won on Sunday then there would be a margin for error should we lose to City, there no longer is. Saying we'll draw with City in no way makes it likely. Our record up there is horrendous and when the pressure was applied in the 2nd half on Sunday, we crumbled and were only bailed out by Ramsdale. Teams like that don't win titles.
Agreed. Strange logic being applied on here. So we draw away to Liverpool and it’s a great result. Somehow that now equates to us straightforwardly drawing away at City. Doesn’t fly with me. I maintain that our best chance of winning the League was staying ahead with a margin for error. We have no margin now and I think that’s our chance gone I’m afraid.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

subtleasaheadbutt wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:52 am
It's still in our hands.
Fuckin' Right It Is! :high5: :box:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

A draw at Liverpool is an immense result. Yes they are shit away but before the game they had the 3rd best home record in the league
, hadn't conceded a league goal at home this year and I read somewhere that they hadn't lost at home to a big 6 team since 2016? They've beaten City remember and our record there was fucking atrocious.
Arsenal have the best away record in the PL, there is no reason we cannot go to City and get at least a draw IF we turn up for 90 mins.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Source BBC:

I guess we should have expected something like this, I mean what with the scouseFilth always being the Victims and that it is Never anyone else's fault.

So they have suspended the Lino - but what about Robertson and the fact that players are not allowed to manhandle Officials....

Roberston is a chopsy over-reactionaryCunt - even for a scouser at the best of times and the the video clearly shows him getting right in the officials face and his hand on the officials arm.

No doubt the scousefilth will want the Lino Banned for life or something

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65237601

SCOUSERS FOREVER PLAYING THE VICTIMS.

JFT39

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Candlelight vigil being held on Merseyside tonight for Robertson. Hopefully they can get him some help with the PTSD he will now suffer from.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:57 pm
Candlelight vigil being held on Merseyside tonight for Robertson. Hopefully they can get him some help with the PTSD he will now suffer from.
:lol: :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:57 pm
Much as I hated Roy Keane the player, I loved his comments about Robertson being a "big baby". Fucking right too. He charges round like a demented kid on acid kicking the fuck out of anything that moves, grabs an official then whines like a bitch when the official doesn't turn out to be a total pussy for once

Fuck him and the rest of the Scouse cuntbags