West Ham Mf A Sun 16th April KO 2pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: West Ham Mf A Sun 16th April KO 2pm

Post by DB10GOONER »

gooner265 wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:22 am
We have a good record there , think we'll win by 3 , boys will be fired up
I hope so. It will be a big indicator of our mental strength.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:59 am
rodders999 wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:57 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:11 am
Having had a feeling of calm confidence in the build up to the victims* match, I must admit I now fear the worst against the murdering whammers filth. :|

Yes, we should beat them. Yes, we are a far superior team. Yes, I know.

But we also have a marshmallow centre when some games turn into scraps, as witnessed against the victims* once Lobotomy Clive got them up for a fight with his fucking braindead selfish arsehole antics. We folded and only for a couple of superb Ramsdale saves, we could have been done 4-2 easily.

And you can bet the shammers will come out looking for a scrap. :censored:
I don't like this fixture either, I think it must be an Upton Park hangover for me (although I don't think our record there was particularly bad) but playing them away unnerves me, I must have some latent fear from the past which makes me feel this way.
I'm kinda the same rodders. Certain grounds do that to me.
I would look back at our past results there but am afraid I'd stumble across the game that has me traumatised and it would trigger me, ignorance is bliss.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:09 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Having had a feeling of calm confidence in the build up to the victims* match, I must admit I now fear the worst against the murdering whammers filth. :|

But we also have a marshmallow centre when some games turn into scraps, as witnessed against the victims* once Lobotomy Clive got them up for a fight with his fucking braindead selfish arsehole antics. We folded and only for a couple of superb Ramsdale saves, we could have been done 4-2 easily.

I don't like this fixture either, I think it must be an Upton Park hangover for me (although I don't think our record there was particularly bad) but playing them away unnerves me, I must have some latent fear from the past which makes me feel this way.
I would look back at our past results there but am afraid I'd stumble across the game that has me traumatised and it would trigger me, ignorance is bliss.

We have a great record at their place and I think we’ve beaten them more than any other team since the inception of the PL...although it might be Everton that we’ve taken most points from (something that always seems hard to believe).

West Ham fans hate playing us and always expect to get beat, both home and away. Do you remember the game at their place when Emery was manager and they battered us for an hour, during which we were abject. They should have been 3 or 4 up, but were only 1 up. Then a very young Martinelli came on (I don’t think he started) and scored a couple and we beat them 1-3. They were stunned.

I think it’s the fact that we’ve lost some key games to them that lurks in the memory. The 1976 FA Cup quarter final at Highbury (I was there :( ), the 1980 Cup Final (I was distraught), the cup match at Highbury ‘89 (I was still there), where we totally battered them for 90 mins and they nicked a breakaway goal. We’d have done the double that year. Then the game at Highbury, where Sol fucked off at half time...maybe the last season at the Home of Football?

Anyway, those things leave scars, but there must be few teams, if any, against whom our top flight record is better. They’re a poor side and realistically have nothing that can hurt us. If we play anywhere near our usual level we’ll win comfortably. I’m going 0-2, or 1-3.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:38 am
rodders999 wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:09 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

We have a great record at their place and I think we’ve beaten them more than any other team since the inception of the PL...although it might be Everton that we’ve taken most points from (something that always seems hard to believe).

West Ham fans hate playing us and always expect to get beat, both home and away. Do you remember the game at their place when Emery was manager and they battered us for an hour, during which we were abject. They should have been 3 or 4 up, but were only 1 up. Then a very young Martinelli came on (I don’t think he started) and scored a couple and we beat them 1-3. They were stunned.

I think it’s the fact that we’ve lost some key games to them that lurks in the memory. The 1976 FA Cup quarter final at Highbury (I was there :( ), the 1980 Cup Final (I was distraught), the cup match at Highbury ‘89 (I was still there), where we totally battered them for 90 mins and they nicked a breakaway goal. We’d have done the double that year. Then the game at Highbury, where Sol fucked off at half time...maybe the last season at the Home of Football?

Anyway, those things leave scars, but there must be few teams, if any, against whom our top flight record is better. They’re a poor side and realistically have nothing that can hurt us. If we play anywhere near our usual level we’ll win comfortably. I’m going 0-2, or 1-3.
Remember that night all too well, game of attrition and little football and when the murderers scored to take the lead Pardew the racist getting right in TOF's face shouting "Made In England"; it was a time when Arsenal had more foreign players than any other Prem Team and we had gained a reputation for having a soft underbelly. Also there being aggro outside the Bowl started by their neanderthals.

I had a dream the night before last where I saw a Gooner giving xhaka grief about being the reason for us dropping 2 points at the scouse shytehole and xhaka (through the safety of his car window) telling the Gooner to fuck off and the next thing is xhaka had been dropped for this game with a midfield of Odergaard, Partey and Jorginho (I woke up feeling Happy)

Anyway as Retro says if we play anywhere near our usual level (swift passing interplay, solid in defence and quick counter-attacks ) these ceuuunts won't be able to live with us...

The only reservation/s I have about this game is: because they will be a "beet leggy" from their game with Gent - they will resort to kicking our best players as often as possible and with that Dullard CootesTheCunt reffing will get away with it - So No Injuries Please God! And Few Early Goals to settle the Nerves AND a Clean Sheet!. :hail: :hail: :hail:

slevinlacey

Post by slevinlacey »

Appears they are resting a few tonight. Still expect us to have too much. 0-4

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

slevinlacey wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:51 pm
Appears they are resting a few tonight. Still expect us to have too much. 0-4
Just watching the first half of their game against Gent - Gent are a poor side, but the shammers have struggled even though 1 nil up.

Besides their Uhmmmmm "physicality" they don't have much going for them, providing we Turn Up we should take all three points.

Surprised by how many 1st team they are resting

Fabianski, Cresswell, Zouma (the Cat kickingCruelCUNT), Fornals, Antonio, Paqueta, Benrahma and Soucek (now he's a dirty cun.t)

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Clearly we are miles better than them, it all comes down to the mentality again. Get that right, go out and want to win, want to compete, and we should win by 3 or 4 goals.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

TeeCee wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:04 am
Clearly we are miles better than them, it all comes down to the mentality again. Get that right, go out and want to win, want to compete, and we should win by 3 or 4 goals.
Can’t see them coping with our front line regardless of who starts / who comes on - our pace and movement will over run them in the second half after a tight opening 45mins

They will probably score but we will pick up the 3 points

:barscarf: :barscarf:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Liking the positivity ^^ so why don't I feel confident today? Who knows.

Please win Arsenal. :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:40 pm
Liking the positivity ^^ so why don't I feel confident today? Who knows.

Please win Arsenal. :D
It's not so much "the hope that kills" these days, but more the uncertainty of each game and possible result that keeps my stomach turning over like a damn washing machine mate.
It seems that all of us are getting ultra-fuckin-nervous in the lead up to every game (Rodders description/s of having the shits being a perfect telling of how it feels), whilst I Totally understand your feeling not confident, the team have Shone and Still gone out there and Won when perhaps many were doubting them. Also, as I have said before, each time they have dropped points; whether by a draw or a loss they have come back much the stronger. There is a resilience about this team that we haven't witnessed at Arsenal for fucking years! So Keep The Faith and Believe. It is All we can do.

#COYFG

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

manninger

Post by manninger »

Heya Gents!!

Anybody for pint before the game? Comming over from Denmark to see the match

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

manninger wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:01 am
Heya Gents!!

Tickets bought from a tout or Twitter? :wink:

Enjoy the game.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

manninger wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:01 am
Heya Gents!!

Been a while since you were last on here mate. Welcome back. Enjoy the trip and bring us luck! 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yay! Have a Good Day Manninger - Stay Safe and don't forget your stab vest. :|

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

With Holding in the team we need to score at least 2 or 3 today, because we are bound to let in at least one goal due to him making an error.

Let’s hope we can score them in the first half and then try and coast the rest.