Citeh A Weds 26th Apr KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Citeh A Weds 26th Apr KO 8pm

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:58 am
I have this feeling we might just see a performance for the ages from us and that we'll win this.
I also feel this. But then five seconds later I feel we will implode and lose 5 nil. :(

As much as I love football, sometimes I fucking hate it. :lol:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:43 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:31 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:25 pm
All the refs are awful and all the VAR officials are on an official FA sponsored mission to keep fucking it up as badly as possible so we eventually concede to the cretins and go back to dumbed down sport. Wouldn't matter who was selected for this or any of our games. Antony Taylor is probably the only one I've got a modicum of respect for but even he wouldn't he spared by the FA saboteurs

I actually think we will probably end up having some decent spells in the game like we did in the cup. But ultimately we don't have the players with the right levels of composure and belief to win or draw the game.
Oh SteveO SteveO muddafuckah.... :D :wink:

We have had this conversation two million times and we are having it again mate! :box: :wink:

VAR cannot work because it is not fit for purpose. There is no sabotage. It just does not work. And the reason it does not work is because it relies on a human being to make the decision. And indeed the same human beings that get the decisions wrong on the pitch: referees!

It's not an anti technology Luddite thing. There is a limited role for technology in football. A microchip in a football can tell a referee if the ball crossed the line. That is superb use of technology. It takes out the fallible human being and is instant. It works.

But some fuckwit sitting in a room miles away watching video replays and making the game slow and boring like poxy rugby does not work. It has sucked the joy out of goal celebrations and it still gets half the decisions wrong!

I believe, like myself, you work in project management. Am I right? :rubchin: If you do, and you were to run an honest cost-benefit analysis on VAR, you'd drop it tomorrow.
We will have to respectfully disagree Scary Irish Man :D

When someone apologises because "they forgot to draw the lines on", do you honestly expect me to believe that's someone applying VAR honestly and that it's just human interpretation. The bloke had one job and forgot to draw the lines on :D

That's like working for an airline and saying we forgot to bring the pilot today. Knew there was something....silly me...oops I forgot to do the one job i had

Nobody is searching for 100 pc perfection. The silly drawing of lines to determine if someone's toenail is 2mm offside is crass.

However, watch the way VAR is applied in European competitions, World Cups etc and try to find a fraction of the controversies that our own wonderful FA governed PL manage to come up with

The FA never wanted it to work and have done an amazing job convincing people that it can't. Literally no other leagues in the world spend as much time bemoaning it like we do. Nobody else spends 5 minutes looking at 26 different angles.

It's pathetic, deliberate and more precise technology exists in other less rich sports where decisions can be made at 100mph and within a matter of seconds, with margins measured in millimetres. English football has never wanted it. We prefer a middle aged fat man with two duffers on the touchline trying to keep up with professional athletes half their age and who can run twice as quickly with zero assistance.

And on top of all this you have the word “interpretation”,which is basically like the word “allegedly” where you have carte Blanche to do/say what the fuck you like as it don’t have to be fact,or even correct,it’s just not fit for purpose
Like you said,you’d rather be robbed by a fat oaf of a ref than a fat oaf with the backing of a supposed infallible system

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

The last 2 games we've allowed them back in I'm afraid :cry: The dropped points at the *victims was one thing, but the way we fucked away those points on Sunday past was criminal.Its been said lads there's blood in the water :cry: Citeh aren't going to give up this chance with the squad,the mentality and the manager that they have.I can see this being a mauling I hope I'm wrong but I can see us getting a proper todgering here :cry:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

It's going to be difficult to get a win, but it is possible, a draw would still be a good result and would lift our confidence, whilst shiteh might feel they've missed an opportunity to put it to bed.
If Saliba is back and Zinchenko plays, then I will have hope.
If we do just fall short then I hope it's not down to var.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

goonersid wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:09 pm
It's going to be difficult to get a win, but it is possible, a draw would still be a good result and would lift our confidence, whilst shiteh might feel they've missed an opportunity to put it to bed.
If Saliba is back and Zinchenko plays, then I will have hope.
If we do just fall short then I hope it's not down to var.
Lets be honest - a draw would be a f+++ing fantastic result and if that was on offer right now, I'd 100% take it

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

We are Arsenal, We are top of the league. We won the league at Anfield, Old Toilet and White Hart Lane (twice) in my lifetime. We beat dirty Leeds to the title. We beat one of the greatest Liverpool teams ever to the title. Twice. We denied the great Manchester United (three times). We won the league without losing, And won it losing just once. We won the league with our captain in jail. We won the league even after we had 2 points taken away.

Why is everyone wetting their pants?

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

arrgee wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:35 pm
We are Arsenal, We are top of the league. We won the league at Anfield, Old Toilet and White Hart Lane (twice) in my lifetime. We beat dirty Leeds to the title. We beat one of the greatest Liverpool teams ever to the title. Twice. We denied the great Manchester United (three times). We won the league without losing, And won it losing just once. We won the league with our captain in jail. We won the league even after we had 2 points taken away.

This season is the tortoise and the hare. Read about that story and understand what happens when the hare wakes up.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Kingralph wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:39 am
I have this feeling we might just see a performance for the ages from us and that we'll win this.
You’ve more chance of getting a soapy t!t w@nk from Mother Teresa than we have of winning away at Citeh in a title decider, with Holding in the team.
Would a quick go on Helena Christensen be within the realms of reality then?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

arrgee wrote:

thats the spirit :D - win this and we might be going 10 points clear next Wednesday! :barscarf:

wibble

Post by wibble »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:47 pm
arrgee wrote:

This season is the tortoise and the hare. Read about that story and understand what happens when the hare wakes up.
He lost the race? Im confused now (it happens easily)

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:40 am
I also feel this. But then five seconds later I feel we will implode and lose 5 nil. :(

As much as I love football, sometimes I fucking hate it. :lol:
Same as that mate, fuckin football was sent to torment :lol:

Midz

Post by Midz »

As much as I'd love to beat them I can't see it happening at this time. We have Southampton to beat convincingly first so let's see how that goes.
City are experienced at the title run in and have a deeper squad. We can't afford to be without any of our first XI.
I wonder what ESR has to do to get a game. Let's hope whoever plays plays to their best and gives us a win.

wibble

Post by wibble »

Looks like the back injury will keep Saliba out for a good while longer:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65336467

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

wibble wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:33 pm

How many times have we heard this story. You just substitute a different name.

A neegle is a month, a strain is three. Just wait, in 2 weeks' time you'll hear that he won't be back until next season.

I think they have lost Nathan Ake to injury.....not to worry though, they probably have 3 backup players as good, if not better.

Midz

Post by Midz »

xisstential wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:10 am
wibble wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:33 pm

How many times have we heard this story. You just substitute a different name.

A neegle is a month, a strain is three. Just wait, in 2 weeks' time you'll hear that he won't be back until next season.

I think they have lost Nathan Ake to injury.....not to worry though, they probably have 3 backup players as good, if not better.
I've been concerned that this will happen.